Author Topic: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.  (Read 10522 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 6.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 05:02:19 AM »
I mean isn't that the inherent problem with the message board format? That communications might have to be vetted and checked over before made; If someone types what they're thinking(heaven forbid) before it is a fully formed and researched thesis then the whole lot of posters are a group of undesirable illiterates.

I also put the qualification "If I recall" I can recall wrong. That happens. The games over, I'm not going to check the rules in a frivolous conversation post. My memory of the rules has no consequence after the game. I guess I could open up another tab in the middle of typing and check the rules, and then delete everything I just wrote. I lose my lost time either way. There is no incentive.  I'd rather be reprimanded.

If I'm in the middle of game-play I check them constantly. Which is the reason while reading the rules I noticed there was a No Vote option in the last game, but not in this game. I think you recall I commented on it. I can't remember all the rules especially if they're transient from game to game. Good luck if you don't post them in the next game because I think you posted them for a good reason. I think you'll get far more questions going the other way.

Now enough Monty Pythoning.

I am a master of the game Fluxx, which whole point is: that you change the rules as you play.

https://www.looneylabs.com/games/fluxx

You could make a mafia game where the rules change by day based on a dice toss. That would be interesting. Conditions A, Conditions B, Conditions C, etc.

I still like the idea of a one time day kill where the victim survives for like two days and their role becomes public while they're bleeding to death. I'd like to see how that plays out.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 07:12:13 AM »
Hahaha that's great, yeah I was absent for alot of this one. Got a fuckton of work dumped on me. Oh well hopefully next time.
The last version I sent Khushrenada was a giant uncompressed image, which might be why its shrunken down.

I tested on my computer and phone, and it didn't fit the frame.
Made you look ****.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 10:58:42 AM »
Because if I recall you can't use your vigilante kill if someone kills you first. I put my kills in pretty quickly after days end. It would have been nice to avert a goon death and get out the vigilante at the same time.

Incorrect. Maybe in some games but not mine. It's really becoming apparent that no one reads the rules anymore except for BeautifulShy because Order.RSS had to ask me about the same sort of thing. Next game, I'm not even going to post any rules since it is a waste of time and just wait for players to ask questions and respond them then. In any case, here's the relevant portion.

Resolving Orders

I see the game as divided by its Day and Night sections. If a player with an ability is voted out during the day portion then they should not be able to use their ability at night since they were unable to reach that portion by being eliminated in the day.

If two or more players have the ability to make a hit and eliminate a player of their choosing and they all select the same target then all get credit for the elimination and no one is told the target has already been taken out or selected by another player. As well, if players who have the ability to make a hit target each other then both or all hits would carry through and they would eliminate each other. One hit would not cancel the other hit from happening nor does it matter who sent in a hit first. Timestamps do not matter. In addition, let's say that Player A sends in an order to hit/eliminate Player B while Player C sends in an order to hit/eliminate Player A. Player A would be eliminated but that doesn't stop their hit against Player B who would also be eliminated still.

In regards to the rules it is surprising that there is so many questions and hey there is no harm in asking questions just be sure to check first before posting.  Also if you do have a question make it so that you want to clarify something in the way you phrase it if it is in the thread or just PM the host directly so you don't have to worry about any of the things Perm said in their latest post. Like you are trying to understand more.

That said it would be hilarious to have a game where the rules were very important.  Like just random things happening based on activities in the day thread.  Like if a player votes 4th in the day thread you get to have investigative powers for 1 hour and you have to use your investigations within that hour time frame so you would have to be informed on what you want to do and also be around to use your temp powers.   Random things like that would be interesting. 

On another note it frustrated me a bit that there wasn't much activity after I died in the game threads and people just seemed to skate through the game without putting much effort in or players expecting to be carried to the end.  It seemed like the early work me, pokepal and mop it up put in wasn't followed up on later.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:01:55 AM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2021, 01:50:24 PM »
Quote from: BeautifulShy
That said it would be hilarious to have a game where the rules were very important.  Like just random things happening based on activities in the day thread.  Like if a player votes 4th in the day thread you get to have investigative powers for 1 hour and you have to use your investigations within that hour time frame so you would have to be informed on what you want to do and also be around to use your temp powers.   Random things like that would be interesting.

That's a great idea. I like it.

In this game I did a whole lot more personal messages, and there were also people who took the game to discord. It wasn't that great for spectators on the forums.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2021, 04:43:43 PM »
Argh! Congrats to the mafia on the win!
If RSS had either sent the plan to go after ThePerm just a few minutes earlier...

Oh, man! So close! LOL!

If RSS had either sent the plan to go after ThePerm just a few minutes earlier...

Or if I had listened to Nickmitch it could've swung differently, too. Would have put 3 votes on Insano, which would also prove his ThePerm=Godfather theory after Perm joined us on Wah.

But the reality is us two were not sure 100% convinced of anyone.

Yeah, it took me a while to get to where Perm being the Godfather made the most sense. With the tension just having been wrong about MASB and needing to thread the needle perfectly to win, I let myself overthink things. But the initial votes put us on the right track, we just didn't take the time to fully react.

Snip

Dang you weren't kidding about committing to the bit!

Man, that post is hilarious in hind sight. His defense of Stevey should've been more damning, but he had a such a sound argument. Stevey was heavily telegraphing the mafia kills, which wouldn't make me suspect him. That ended up being a double-reverse-psyche-out and kept me from suspecting Perm who came up as Townie in the investigation.

On another note it frustrated me a bit that there wasn't much activity after I died in the game threads and people just seemed to skate through the game without putting much effort in or players expecting to be carried to the end.  It seemed like the early work me, pokepal and mop it up put in wasn't followed up on later.

I was back and forth with Order.RSS on Discord. But I guess we dropped the ball in the endgame. T_T
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 05:48:08 PM »
Speaking of Discord there really wasn't any activity after I died and you invited Bungle into the townie alliance server.   I am guessing that there was a group PM with everyone or a new Discord server?   Any reason for that?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 06:40:44 PM »
It would be interesting to play a game where the only players who can use PMs are the Mafia and everyone else can talk only in the daily threads, but I can't think of any way to enforce this.

Next game, I'm not even going to post any rules since it is a waste of time and just wait for players to ask questions and respond them then.
It would be hilarious to play a game like that, where no one knows the rules!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »
It would be interesting to play a game where the only players who can use PMs are the Mafia and everyone else can talk only in the daily threads, but I can't think of any way to enforce this.

Next game, I'm not even going to post any rules since it is a waste of time and just wait for players to ask questions and respond them then.
It would be hilarious to play a game like that, where no one knows the rules!

The only way I think this could be enforced is if someone wrote a specific client type software. Even then people would go around this.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »

It would not be. I've played games like that. They suck. As soon as one townie shows initiative, the mafia offs them. So then you've got a bunch of players that don't want to speak up and hope they can look like they bumbled onto a correct vote out or get other players to join them in a "wacky" guess and hope the mafia doesn't realize who's the smart player still in the game figuring things out and trying to vote out the correct people. Private messages level the playing field a bit more and doesn't exactly punish players that can make deductions.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »
The last version I sent Khushrenada was a giant uncompressed image, which might be why its shrunken down.

I tested on my computer and phone, and it didn't fit the frame.

Incredible work.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »
Yeah, you didn't have an avatar. So I got creative.