Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674767 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: The Happiest Postseason Bubble On Earth
« Reply #2400 on: September 10, 2020, 12:09:04 AM »
The Raptors vs Celtics Double overtime extravaganza was excellent. I died like three times during the end of regulation and the overtimes.

Clippers vs. Nuggets was poo poo. I’m rooting for the Nuggets, but they’re straight up outclassed. They need another piece or two. I would have rather watched Donovan Mitchell.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 11, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
Well, good on the Nuggets for finally showing a little life after once again being down 1-3 to the Clippers. Hopefully, they can keep that up.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 11, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »
Denver had to eliminate the Clippers. Or at least take them to a game 7 and tire them out.

I'm not exactly rooting for the Lakers, except against the Rockets.
But I'm also not looking for an LA WCF matchup either, even if it would be a good watch.

But then again, I do want to see the winner take the Lakers 7 games too meet up against the Heat who is well rested and fully healthy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 11, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
I'll admit I stopped watching Clippers vs. Nuggets at halftime. I tuned back in the fourth quarter and the Nuggets were only down by two. When they got the lead, I thought they were going to blow it at least partially because they just could not stop leaving Kawhi Leonard open from the arc. The Nuggets stole one tonight because Clippers gonna Clip. The end there was really good. I get y'all aren't watching because your team isn't playing. I arbitrarily root for the Lakers, but I'm a basketball fan first. There have been some damn good games in these playoffs.

The narrative was so stupid going into Game 5. The internet has been slandering Paul Millsap for weeks. The Clippers essentially neutralized Jamaal Murray. And Michael Porter Jr. threw Michael Malone under the bus, complaining about plays not being called for him (chill, bro... you're a rookie). What happens? Millsap apparently leads a third quarter comeback (which I missed), Murray made some big shots (he didn't call bank on that one three-pointer), then Porter Jr. slaps the Clippers with big-dick energy three to four plays in a row in the last two minutes: Drains a three-pointer, blocks an Ivica Zubac dunk, then hits ALL of his free throws even after Pat Beverley whispered some **** to him. I'm going to ignore his personal politics for a minute and just appreciate how well he played.

I'm going to stop typing because I don't want to miss Game 7 of Raptors vs Celtics. I did finally finish The Last Dance and have some feelingz about it. I don't know if that belongs here or the Movies & TV child board.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 11, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »
Paul Millsap was my favorite player on the Jazz when he was with us. The guy was just a junkyard dog, fighting and clawing with everything he got, which is everything you could hope for in a Jazz man. He faded into the background a bit during the playoffs, but I'm glad to see him fighting back again. Hell, I wish he could hit 3 Pointers when he was with us. He couldn't hit beyond 6 feet of the rim when he was on the Jazz.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 12, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
Well, on the downside the Lakers advance to the next round. On the brightside, James Harden does not, so I guess it all evens out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 13, 2020, 03:40:26 PM »
The Clippers are looking like frauds.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 13, 2020, 10:48:37 PM »
The Clippers are looking like frauds.

You might remember that I was very critical of the Clippers constantly resting Kawhi Leonard throughout the season, especially on the 2nd night of back-to-backs (and, really, when they did rest him that team wasn't very scary). If they end up crashing & burning against the Nuggets of all teams in Round 2 after pulling that stunt all season, I'm going to be so happy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 15, 2020, 09:29:35 PM »
End of regulation and overtime of Celtics vs. Heat was AMAZING. I'm rooting for the Heat in this series so I'm happy with the outcome.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 15, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Clippers gonna Clip. Look at these fucking frauds. I can’t wait to read all the Clippers slander.
Clippers vs. Nuggets was poo poo. I’m rooting for the Nuggets, but they’re straight up outclassed. They need another piece or two. I would have rather watched Donovan Mitchell.
I will gladly eat this crow. Thanks for eliminating these chokers, Nuggets.

Jamal Murray started changing my mind when he ran right over to Donovan Mitchell and congratulated him on a good series. I hated how Murray clowned Lonzo Ball (not his fault his dad sucks), but I appreciate good sportsmanship. Not sold yet though I’ll admit he has balled out these playoffs.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:52 PM »
Good on the Nuggets for taking out the Clippers, the perpetual Washington Generals of the NBA.  :D

I'd like to see them take out the Lakers and move on to the Finals, unlikely as that may be (at least until the Lakers go up 3-1). Right now, 3 out of the remaining 4 teams are all ones with multiple championships, and I can't imagine a Finals more boring than Yet Another Lakers-Celtics Finals.

I'd really like to see some new blood in the Finals. The Raptors got their 1st championship last year, so why not the Nuggets for their 1st this year?

On a side note, I'll be surprised if Doc Rivers still has a job a week from now, not after this latest performance.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:02:26 AM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 16, 2020, 06:04:24 AM »
End of regulation and overtime of Celtics vs. Heat was AMAZING. I'm rooting for the Heat in this series so I'm happy with the outcome.

I was stood up for that BLOCK at the end of OT.
Tatum thought he was about the drop the hammer, and was it Bam that sent his ass packing?
That was **** was amazing.

and I didn't watch the next game, but HAHAHAHAHAHA Clips are out!! and they join the blown 3-1 Lead List. HAHA
I know some people thought it wasn't gonna happen (I didn't really believe it myself), but the Nugs better make the next series a good one.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:10:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2412 on: September 16, 2020, 06:41:11 AM »
Nikola Jokic is what, 7-1 in games with his team facing elimination? Unbelievable.

(Also he's now gone to the conference finals as many times as Carmelo has. Hah!)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:35 PM »
Another good game tonight. Heat are up 2-0. I kind of wish Game 1 of this series was tonight because the Western Conference Finals starts tomorrow. Oh well.

I would like to see Heat vs. Lakers in the Finals. Obviously, I'm rooting for the Lakers, but I'm fine any team at this point.

The Clippers slander the last couple days will fuel me until next season. I imagine they'll come back more humble and hopefully sans Patrick Beverley. Pat Bev trick y'all, man, like he playing defense. He don't guard nobody, man. It's just running around, doing nothing...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 20, 2020, 10:14:47 PM »
ANTHONY DAVIS FOR THREE!!!

Good game; bad win. Y'all gotta watch these games. They're fun!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2415 on: September 21, 2020, 02:29:52 AM »
I really should comment more after these games on here but I am usually on Silver Screen and Roll. 

Yeah Lakers have been outstanding these playoffs.  I think the Lakers are going to win it in 5 if we are shooting well. 6 if not.     

AD is so good and his play in these playoffs has made me even more happy we got him.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 22, 2020, 11:34:11 PM »
Well, now that the Lakers have lost a game to the Nuggets this series, they might want to consider losing another one and not bringing the series to 3-1. I hear that hasn't been working out so well for Nuggets opponents of late.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 24, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »
There it is. Lakers win. Series is over. The Nuggets in seven. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

I expect the Heat to win tomorrow night. Even though I want them to win the series, I hope the Celtics to win Game 5. I'd rather the Eastern Conference Finals last longer than the Western Conference Finals. If the Lakers win (they should), I want them to get the extra rest.

Semi-related: TNT's commentators are terrible. Chris Webber is pretty bad, but I think he can get better with more practice. Reggie Miller is infuriatingly awful at commentary and has been for years. If I took a drink every time he referred to the Nuggets as "the comeback kids", I would have died in the second quarter. I hope Mark Jackson (who wasn't on tonight) gets a new coaching job just so I don't have to listen to him on commentary anymore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 25, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »
I was gonna post some memes here I saw, but never made it on to the computer to do it.

I sent these my my boy that's a Laker fan, but I'm not sure he found it amusing. LOL
"The Comeback Kids"!!! LOL

But it looks like Lebron calculated the odds on the red pill and decided to take a win and hope the Nuggets don't pull off the first ever 3x 3-1 comeback in NBA History. if this goes to Game 7, it will likely be more MUST WATCH than the actual NBA Finals.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:32:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2419 on: September 25, 2020, 07:22:57 PM »
This series is so stressful and on top of that the interaction with Denver fans is frustrating. Still I am glad the Lakers are up 3-1.  Yes the Nuggets are a good team and have came back from a 3-1 deficit twice already but I am more confident about closing out the Nuggets in the next two games than the Jazz and Clippers chances.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 26, 2020, 11:41:11 PM »
Well, Denver's luck and the unusual circumstances surrounding this year's playoffs had to run out eventually. 1-3 comebacks are rare for a reason.

I'm struggling to imagine a more boring NBA Finals than 3 multi-year championship teams bickering over who gets to add yet another set of rings to their pot, but here we are. I couldn't care less who wins now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2421 on: September 27, 2020, 03:29:32 AM »
Wouldn't this be Miami's fist ring without Wade?  That's a difference. Plus it's Jimmy butler's first. Or a revival of the Celtics/Lakers rivalry. Those should be exciting enough, no?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2422 on: September 27, 2020, 03:44:23 AM »
Wouldn't this be Miami's fist ring without Wade?  That's a difference. Plus it's Jimmy butler's first. Or a revival of the Celtics/Lakers rivalry. Those should be exciting enough, no?
I think Broodwars is he is tired of reruns and it isn't as exciting for him.

But yeah you are right Nickmitch this would be the Heats first title without Wade.

I am excited for either the Celtics or Heat. It doesn't matter to me either way. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2423 on: September 28, 2020, 03:33:18 AM »
Well the NBA finals are set.  LA Lakers versus the Miami Heat. I think it will be Lakers in 5 or 6 depending on if the Lakers shooters are consistent.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 28, 2020, 05:42:17 PM »
Doc Rivers out as LA Clippers head coach, sources say

I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner. I’m disappointed because dragging the Clippers has been such a big part of my NBA entertainment the last month or so, and Rivers was such a big part of that.