Author Topic: The Matrix Reloaded!!!!!!!! Spoilers ahead!!!!!  (Read 25131 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The Matrix Reloaded......Anyone seen it?
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2003, 04:05:58 AM »

1) Why are the agents such bad shots? They put 1000 bullets into the car in the chase scene, but hit nobody, and when trinity is falling from the building she doesnt dodge at all, all the bullets just miss.

At most it would have taken Trinity 5 seconds to hit the ground. The agent arrived about 2 seconds after Trinity jumped. Therefore the agent had 3 seconds to shot Trinity. That works nicely as Trinity would have unloaded the two clips by then anyway. Also the Agents are still restricted by the rules of the Matrix so they can't have 99.9% accuracy. The camera angle also made everything look closer then they really are.

As with having 1000 bullets in the car, well if I knew something about the make of the car it would help. I mean those expensive excutive cars tend to have additional security features.

2) The way the twins (ghosts) died was completely cheap.

I don't think they are dead and they always look dead.

when morpheus and the keymaker are on the truck and they are about to collide with the other truck, why are they just standing there. Why cant they just jump off the freeway and land unharmed a couple hundred feet away? They can just off skyscrapers just fine.

Morphues did jump, but he is no Neo. Considering that the Keymaker is not excatly light and that they has like 2 seconds before they went to hell, Morphues did pretty good getting 5 meters off the trucks before they blew up.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The Matrix Reloaded......Anyone seen it?
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2003, 04:31:14 AM »
You know something though, it was a bit of a shock to see Trinity smash smack bang into the car like that. It didn't shock me or anything, it was like, all of a sudden BANG!!!....ouch!!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline DRJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2003, 06:21:14 AM »
"2) The way the twins (ghosts) died was completely cheap."

Did they really die?  They just got flung up and then they turned into their ghost version. Who knows if they lived or died.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think that the twins turned into their ghost form when they blew up. It showed them in human form getting blasted through the air. Maybe they survived, but if they did why wouldnt they go fight morpheous some more.  
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2003, 06:41:57 AM »
No, they were in ghost form.  

You know, I've heard a lot of complaints about the movie over the past week or so.  While some are valid, I think that most of them are the result of the movie being over-hyped, or people simply NOT PAYING ATTENTION to) what they were watching.  Harry Knowles (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com) had a few complaints, but when he gets key facts COMPLETELY WRONG, you have to wonder how much of the movie he really watched.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2003, 08:35:08 AM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
*SPOILERS*

i can honestly say i was a little disapointed.....it seems like they added sexual parts just for the sake of adding sexual parts. like there was no real use for that, and to me it kind of ruined hte credability of the movie. like they sold out kind of....maybe its just me. i loved the story twists and al lthat. i thought it was great, but another thing i didnt like is that neo didnt kill enough people....like when he was fighting agent smith there was no finishing moves....all it was, was back and forth hitting, and nothing was ever accoplished. i really wish they would have cut out that 20 minute dancing scean. it was so boring and they did it just to show tits. i am just kind of pissed that instead of using that time to explain more of the story, they used it to show breats....AND THE WHOLE DIGITAL ORGASM THING WAS HOMO!!! dear god....i swear.....parts of the movie were wonderful, but others just turned it into some triplex wannabe or something. to me the turned the matrix from a legend to just great or maybe even less then great with this movie.....some people say that its impossible to top the first one, but i think that it was very possible....i just think they made it too sexual, and for no apparent reason....it just reminded me of seeing a mindless action movie.

Yea I agree with u.  and because of that scene my parents wont allow me to c it.  I think sex scenes are senseless.  I mean for a chickflick sure I mean its a girl thing but not for the matrix.

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline Vanilla Thunder

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2003, 11:12:46 AM »
The "sex" scene is harmless.  It's shot to minimize nudity (all you see is them kissing, from the shoulders up, and occasionally Neo's back, from a distance), and there's NO sound, just the techno beat from the dance scene that's happening at the same time.  It's important to the story, too, for reasons I stated before.  It's hardly anything discomforting, and doesn't detract from the movie's greatness.  It adds to the story, actually.  Nothing to miss the movie out over, anyways.
Craziest Nintendo Character Ever
Ludicolo, the giant, furry, Mexican duckbilled pineapple man with a lily pad sombrero!  Yet another reason to love Pokemon!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2003, 06:24:18 PM »
you parents didn't let you watch the "digital orgasm"? What? HAhaha.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2003, 03:30:46 AM »
ROFL! Sorry, how old are you, that might explain it or didn't they read the warning label?

Once the Neo + Trinity scene was explained, it made a heck of alot of sense. The cake scene was to make an example of how powerful imfomation is in the Matrix. The frence guys knew how to alter the Matrix because of his information network, so the cake was just an example of his power in the matrix.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2003, 05:02:23 AM »
yeah. it's also a lot of hoe emotion gives the machines, or programs more human-ish qualities, or how, since the humans are plugged into the Matrix, gives them more human qualities.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2003, 08:01:11 AM »
*SPOILERS*

i dont really get what rick was saying about neo not being real, but this is how i thought the movie went....the only reason he has his powers is because, as the architech  said, "u are the remainder of an unbalancable equation".  so i think that he is just something that had to happen, and the machines use that to their advantage....or another form of "control". and just like agent smith was allowed to cross over to the real world in that dudes body, some of neos "powers" were able to cross over too. and all i have to say is that zion better not be another matrix, because that would honestly be dumb. and where in gods name is the explantion for the whole Tank incident???
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2003, 08:47:15 AM »
Question. Was Smith made an exile becaused he failed to kill Neo or was he exiled because he is mad?  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2003, 09:06:51 AM »
i think after he failed to finish neo, he bacame a failing program which then made him become exile or whatever.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2003, 09:30:26 AM »
Tons of spoilers.

Technically he was an exile but he said he knew what he should do but didn't because he basically wanted to better Neo. The other agents were surprised to see him because of his interaction with Neo he basically is now working outside the program.

I would like to say the story after you strip away all the action is surprising tight. The Oracle picks out the one who will be more likly to surcome to the notion of the prophacy of the one and have them released. The Oracle picks out the one who he will fall in love with to add another level of control over him. (I think the Nightmares he was recieving was from the system so he whould tell her to stay out of the matrix so he whould more likely go through the door they want.)

It just that several things goofed up the works this time. (The operators getting killed on that one ship so Trinity had to enter. And Agent Smith.)

Smith is interesting it seemed at by the end of the movie that he wanted to replace Neo as the one who whould join with the Mainframe. Smith is the biggest varible in the storyline he will either end up being the greatest help or hinderance to what is left of the free human race.

Now on to conceil 20-to-1 they knew their time was up and what they had to do. Its just the things the head of the conceil said, and the fact that they are the oldest members which means they are the 14 that the last The One choose to release from the matrix. That is why they bated that guy into sending the two other ships.

The thing is like a system purge they release all those that contain some of the rougue data that "poisions" their set up and end up killing them so a natural defense cant be built up to their illusion by taking out the strongest, because they release those who are more resliant to the programming. And when the data is added from the One, (Who recieves the "powers" from the orical to act outside the matrix as fully as he does. Sort of giving him administrative powers, some of it is natural ability.)

I like the fact that the machines has Zion rigged so it easy to take over.

That's enough of my pondering.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2003, 07:25:51 AM »
This movie blew.  I hate to retort to childish namecalling, but this movie was a steaming pile.  "They're talking in terrible dialogue, and now they're fighting.  Okay, they're talking again for a couple more minutes, now they're fighting again.  And they're still fighting.  *close my eyes for a few minutes, open them again* Okay, they're STILL fighting.  Keanu Reeves is trying to act, and I recognize this scene from the trailers, so that means they're going to fight....again!!!"

Not only that, but the fights were terrible.  I was almost laughing when Neo fought the infinite Smiths, it was like a damn Keystone Cops episode.  I was expecting some corny carnival music in the background. I can't remember if I was laughing harder at this part of the movie or at the preview for "Freddie Vs. Jason." Plus, I hate computer animation.  

And why should I be worried about anything during the fights?  Neo's the One, right?  We all know this, and yet we are forced to sit through terrible scenes in order to see him win, which we knew he'd do anyway, 'cause he's the One!  What happened to the whole "Fly Into Their Chest and Blow Them Up" move?  

My head hurt after this movie, and not because it was complicated.  I wasn't confused by the discussion with the...ahem...Architect because by that time, I didn't care.  I wanted to leave.  

I would've asked for a refund, but I know that theaters can't give you two hours of your life back.

My first post.
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2003, 07:47:35 AM »
"And why should I be worried about anything during the fights? Neo's the One, right? We all know this, and yet we are forced to sit through terrible scenes in order to see him win, which we knew he'd do anyway, 'cause he's the One!"

Well sh!t, if you're going to use THAT logic then any action movie fight is pointless because common sense indicates that the hero always wins.  I know that Jackie Chan isn't going to lose when he fights fifty guys on top of a train that's on a collision course with another train yet it's still fun to watch.  Besides even though Neo is the one he can still be killed.  It's just harder to kill him.

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2003, 12:31:58 PM »
Good point, but Jackie Chan's not the One.  There is still the possibility that Jackie could die, and that's the hope that I will always cling to.  It's not just the Matrix, it's any action film where the hero is invincible (or so close to it that it's basically the same thing).  If that's the case, fight scenes are pointless.

It's like, instead of saying, "Hey, we've got everyone's attention, now let's tell a damn good story," it's like the Wachowskis(sp?) said, "People are stupid.  They won't care about story, we just have to make the special effects bigger and better and have a bunch of long, drawn out fight scenes. Oh! And some t!ts! Yeah, that'll keep 'em from bitching too much."

Were they right?
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2003, 06:07:51 PM »
Somewhat spoilers:

You start to find out in the movie that technically there is no such thing as "the one". Just a glitch that comes around about every century and they use a person that has the most rezilance to the programing and give him a program (I think the candy he was giving by the oracle had something in it.) that ends up patching it up for another cycle. Basically I think there is one reason there is a one the archtech and oracle allows him to have more freedom in the program.

But I will have to agree if you are not willing to think at any level about the social commentary that the film has all the movie is a run of the mill action title.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2003, 07:37:37 PM »

But I will have to agree if you are not willing to think at any level about the social commentary that the film has all the movie is a run of the mill action title.

Yeah with some really slick action sequences.

It's like, instead of saying, "Hey, we've got everyone's attention, now let's tell a damn good story," it's like the Wachowskis(sp?) said, "People are stupid. They won't care about story, we just have to make the special effects bigger and better and have a bunch of long, drawn out fight scenes. Oh! And some t!ts! Yeah, that'll keep 'em from bitching too much."

Thats what happened to Star Wars, only now with more chesse.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2003, 07:42:39 PM »

Originally posted by: TomServo
Good point, but Jackie Chan's not the One.  There is still the possibility that Jackie could die, and that's the hope that I will always cling to.  It's not just the Matrix, it's any action film where the hero is invincible (or so close to it that it's basically the same thing).  If that's the case, fight scenes are pointless.

It's like, instead of saying, "Hey, we've got everyone's attention, now let's tell a damn good story," it's like the Wachowskis(sp?) said, "People are stupid.  They won't care about story, we just have to make the special effects bigger and better and have a bunch of long, drawn out fight scenes. Oh! And some t!ts! Yeah, that'll keep 'em from bitching too much."

Were they right?

There is a possibility that Jackie could die!? What are you smoking TomServo....unless a stunt goes wrong and he gets killed Jackie Chan will win. He's been making action films for what 30+ years now and he always wins. If by some misfortune he is killed doing a stunt...I doubt that movie would be even released. The beauty in watching a action movie isn't knowing whether the hero will win, thats a given, its seeing how the hero wins. Its sort of off subject but its like in Kiss of the Dragon when Jet Li walks in the room full of police officer's. You know he's gonna win but its amazing seeing him, without wires or CG, beat 20 guys in a well choreagraphed scene relying only on his speed and skill.

Darc Requiem

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2003, 08:27:33 PM »
"Have you ever felt like you were dreaming"....The matrix is apparently alot like dreaming, have you ever controlled your dream? Its freaking hard...one false move and you wake up. When i control my dreams i start
feeling more and more like im going to wake up...i can't be god for very long. Also it is very possible to have feeling, taste, and touch in dreams..but everythign in dreams is fuzzy for the most part. The matrix refines the dream and makes it realistic by feeding it to you. At the same time when your inside you make choices thus creating feedback for the compuer. The matrix doesnt rely on polygons it relies on your perceptions and other peoples perceptions to create code which is the language of the logorythmic responces of your brain.
Anyways the one does not really come into power until he is reborn into the matrix...what happened was that he screwed up the whole system when he died...but he came back some how by the sheer virtue of being 1 out of a trillion that will bounce back after death. He has come to accept that the matrix cannot cause his death if he controls his preception. Controlling his perception allows him to alter his reality and the perception of the program. Neo's switch has snapped and he is no longer affected(most of the time he does get cut by a blade)by total control of the matrix. However he has not mastered his perception otherwise you would see more dragon ball z stuff.

The oracle is a statistical program and it is actually able to determine who will bounce back from death.
The orcale is aware of what Neo will become and is a part of a system that will prevent him from taking back earth.

Smith is anotehr anomolie...a really bad accident...most programs just malfunction and dont work right....but smith is a virus..he wants to invade every living and mechanical thing and take over and duplicate himself...he is really going to fuck up the matrix. Infecting humans has given him an edge...he already had superb powers but now he has a more powerful and safe way to hide.

The next movie is called revolutions whic makes me think that the world is going to change..neo has devloped powers outside the matrix and will also become something that wasnt predicted.
however the second matrix reality theory is interesting. If you have been ever into religion you will not that in most religions this is not the real world but an illusion and perhaps an illusion in many tiered levels.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2003, 08:41:53 AM »
The point about the Jackie Chan comment was that the movie's makers could have a twist where he actually dies.  Some movies have the hero die, and I for one think those movies are pretty cool.  

"its amazing seeing him, without wires or CG"

That was my other complaint.  Jackie Chan is actually doing all of those stunts, without wires or CG, whereas Neo is just a flying cartoon.  How can I possibly be wowed by a cartoon?  Maybe if I was unable to tell that Neo was fake, then I would be impressed, but it's so glaringly obvious.  

As for Star Wars, you're partially correct.  There is still a storyline there, and it is explored quite in depth(except for some of Episode 1), while The Matrix Reloaded could've been summed up in about twenty minutes.  It's like "Dude, Where's My Car?"  there was absolutely NO NEED for an hour and a half long movie that could've been about two minutes long.

Man, I didn't think my first posts would be arguments.  Sorry.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2003, 06:20:09 PM »
hey, there's just one thing i'd like to know.
Hey Perm, how do you, and some other people actually get away with using swear words?
i mean, look at your last post! Right there is the word f**k.

whats the deal?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2003, 10:59:44 PM »
Ok, here are some of my thoughts on the sequel.

Review: I came out with a big grin on my face. Sure, it didn't have the impact of the first one, but it really made me think again. The whole concept of the Matrix, with the 'exile' programs running free, and the illusion of choice in the Matrix is very intriguing. The fact that Neo, Morpheus and co have to put some trust in these programs brings up the dilemma of whose on whose side, and how many sides there are. And it's left me hanging out for the final chapter, with so many unanswered questions.

Some people are complaining that Neo's powers are not as great, especially the review at Ain't It Cool. They seem to forget the few times in the movie where 'encryption' is mentioned about the Matrix. The Machines are making it harder for Neo to affect the programs inside the Matrix, such as the Agents, and so he has to resort to the kung-fu fighting. It can also be seen when he goes to see the Oracle, and her attendant hs the golden aura when Neo first sees him.

Agent Smith definitely appears to be an important character, and a scene stealer too, just like in the original. There seem to be more questions than answers about his abilities in the Matrix, and exactly how he can exist outside the Matrix, but I'm sure the Wachowski's have got the answers for Revolutions. I think he was exiled because he was freed from control by the Matrix and changed his program code when Neo destroys him at the end of the first movie. He changes his plan to destroy Neo by spreading himself like a virus, but that isn't really that successful. That preview of Revolutions with the Smith and Neo scene looked awesome!!!!

And the Architect. Man, that was seriously deep. Version 6! I like someone's theory that the councillors are the 12 from the resettlement of Zion, but the Architect actually says that the past five 'anomalies' actually refused to go to the Source after meeting the Architect, like Neo did. The Councillor that was talking to Neo in Zion, and went to the Engineering sector with him to show the Machines and explain control, I suspect there is more to him than meets the eye. Talking about how the humans are reliant on machines, how we have control over them, and comparing it to what is known about the Machines is a cool idea. It also shows why the Machines look for answers to why some reject the Matrix, in the form of the anomaly and his code.

Honesty, I think this movie is going to send me crazy until Revolutions.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2003, 11:28:39 PM »
Termin8Anakin...there is no spoon. Thats how.

Also youll wonder why on earth do they go to a powerplant inside the matrix to shut off the power....its virtual there really is no power.
What they should have done was disconect the pwoer from the farther bottom floor by dstroying the wiring..then the power could never reach the top however....th keymaker, the oracle, etc...it was all jsut a distraction to start with.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2003, 03:19:28 AM »
You forget that the Matrix has Rules and the power planet represented one of those rules. The alarm is dependant on the power rule to funtion, just like the real world. You can just disconnect a large build from the grid like that. All the cables are buried and have redunances and power generator. You ask why didn't the generators come online when the power came on? They probaly run on gas and that takes time to start up. That would also explain why the floor blows up when Neo exits. The generators had came back on line. Also they could not go into the building without setting off the alarm without destroying the non-existant floor.