Author Topic: The FaceBall 2000 16 years later thread...  (Read 72767 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The FaceBall 2000 Event of the year megathread:
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
Oh, no... :(

Leave early, give yourself plenty of time, be careful, and don't rush to get here or anything. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
We'll perservere.  Even if its later on a side note.  IF we play 1 minute matches w/ a minute to switch we can unlock all the characters on the dojo in 8 hours giving us 2 hours for truly free play...  I don't think thats going to happen... It seems that it was planned to the point where no matter what it's going to take you 8 hours...  I thought it  be a little different...  Off to find my gameboys...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:25 PM »
IF we play 1 minute matches w/ a minute to switch we can unlock all the characters on the dojo in 8 hours giving us 2 hours for truly free play... 

Or you could just download a save file with all the characters unlocked.  I'm sure they'll be available by the time of the official street date.

BTW, sorry I can't be there.  Be sure to take lots of pictures and make a flickr account or something.  Maybe NWR will have an article about it!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
Well, my attendance is officially questionable.  I'm sitting home from work today with a temperature ranging from 100.5 to 101.6.  I'll have to make a decision by mid afternoon and let Decoyman know whether he should come through Des Moines to get me, or just drive there by himself.

I really really want to come, and as of right now, I'm starting to feel better, but if this cold doesn't improve by this afternoon I don't think it'd be a good idea.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2008, 12:17:37 PM »
The snow is coming down and roads are slippery in town. Highways are probably better. I'm only on the fence about when to leave. I could leave tonight and spend the night in Cinnci. Or drive straight through tomorrow. The prediction is 14+ inches by the time the storm is over Saturday night.

Uncle Bob, how is it there?

Drew, don't come if you're sick. Your health is more important. I've been getting over a flu/cold for the past couple of weeks, still coughing and sniffling. But I over did myself a couple of times and made it worse. It would still be cool to meet you face to face, but there is always XBox Live...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:20:15 PM by Darth Maul - bustin98 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
Drew - I want you to come man, but if you're not feeling better, don't.  Seriously - I don't want everyone else to get sick too (most importantly, me). ;)  But, if there's the slightest chance you are feeling better, please do come. :)

bustin - the snow here isn't bad at all.  We got maybe 2 inches or so (they were saying 8-12, so I was worried).  If you're going to come, be careful.  Perhaps leaving early would allow you to get out of Dodge before the worst of it?

Something I forgot about - and I don't know where everyone's coming from, so I don't know who all this'll matter to, but this weekend is man's attempt at Time Travel.  We'll lose an hour of play as the time will mysteriously go from 1:59 AM Sunday Morning to 3:00 AM Sunday Morning. :(

I don't know if this'll play into anyone's plans when figuring the return trip...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »
DREW UPD8:

Temp is down to 99.5, a major improvement over this morning.  I probably can attribute that to the Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Magic Juice I took a few hours ago.  If I can get it to stay low (or get even lower)  without a second dose over the next few hours, then I'll tell Decoy to go ahead and make the trip to Des Moines tonight.  Otherwise, he'll be be taking off from Lincoln, NE tomorrow morning.  If I do decide to make the trip, I'll stop on the way out of town and get some of those sanitary wipes so that anything I touch this weekend gets cleaned off properly.  And I will promise not to breath close to any of you.  Except Aaron, who will be spending 8 hours in a car with me.  :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
I gots the key!  Whoo!  Things are almost ready!

As for Pizza - I checked around, the "best" deal for private parties (since it's not a not-for-profit thing) is Pizza Hut, - 10 1-topping Large Pizzas for $95.52 after tax.

I think the Pizza Mia's are a better deal (10 Med Pizzas for $50+tax), but we can decide what route we want to go tomorrow. :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Oh, I've forgot to post - if you have 'em, bring copies of Link to the Past, Mario Kart and other multi-player GBA (or GB/GBC) games you've probably never got to play multi-player...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »
Are there sixteen people confirmed to be coming?  Don't forget the whole point of this gathering.  TAKE PICTURES DAMNIT. 
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »
You know, I haven't really sat down and made a list of who all is coming yet...  could be useful. ;)

Is now a bad time to mention I don't actually have a camera? :)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
We could be not-for-profit... Who's making any money here?

You know, I haven't really sat down and made a list of who all is coming yet...  could be useful. ;)

Is now a bad time to mention I don't actually have a camera? :)

Yes and I know you lied.  I know you own a Gameboy Camera or two.  Also there is condemning evidence.  You've take pictures before...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
I don't want cellphone pictures.  I want 7.2 megabyte pictures.  I want to be able to count darkheart's nose hairs.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »
I have my cell phone camera, which is a 2.0 MP camera.  It takes decent pictures, but nothing exciting.  Feel free to bring your own cameras though.

And yeah, I do have four Game Boy Cameras.... what... 0.002 MP?

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
I will bring my very awesome digital camera with good batteries and a gig card and take GOOD pics vudu~!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »
Combined they equal an amazing 0.008 MP!

What colors do you have?  All four "basic" ones?  Do you have the limited edition Zelda one?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
1 Blue, Two Red and one Gold... :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
This was a bad idea... I've attempted to start taking apart my entertainment center.

Is it too late to call this all off? :)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
Is it too late to call this all off? :)

Yes. What has been set in motion cannot be stopped.

On a side note, I'd love to have been there, but it just wouldn't work for me either time or money-wise.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
I hope this turns out well for you guys, it sounds like it should be a blast.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:46:54 PM by Chewbacca (insanolord) »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »
Okay, I'm coming.  I feel much better now than I did earlier today, and my temp has managed to stay centered around 99.1.  I'll bring the Tylenol with me to keep it down, and I'm sure my lingering cough will be all it takes to convince everyone I meet this weekend to keep their distance, but I will be there!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
I might be lacking my GBA and GBC.  I can't seem to find them...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2008, 10:39:58 PM »
:(

I hope we have enough GameBoys...  But it'll still be fun. :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2008, 12:53:41 AM »
I'm off to bed - I'm about 1/2 packing stuff up.  It's real fun, let me tell you... (*cries when he thinks about having to put it all back together*)  If anything comes up, feel free to drop me a txt, and if I get up in the middle of the night to potty, I'll check messages.

Also, I bought about $70 worth of snacks/pop.  Not much healthy stuff (sorry if that's your thing, but I got a variety of stuff I like so I could make use of the left-overs.)  Come hungry. :)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2008, 06:28:25 AM »
Up at 5:27 AM, showered and ready to go - just waiting for Decoy to finish up getting ready.

Feeling considerably better too, actually.  I think I made the right choice.