Author Topic: Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit  (Read 21098 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit
« on: May 03, 2015, 02:32:56 AM »
Okay, I thought this might liven up the forums a little.

I'm going to give away a $10 eShop card (US only - if the winner is from outside the US, I'll see what I can do, but can't make any promises).

Here's how to enter:  Post on the forums.  Post quality, worth-while, well-thought-out, original and unique posts.

In this thread, you can nominate one other post, made on the NWR Forums, for the "Post of the Month".  Few requirements though:

A.) You cannot nominate your own post.
B.) You have June 2nd to nominate a post, but you may do so at any time before then.  The post must have been made sometime in May of 2015.
C.) You can only nominate one post.  If you nominate a post early-on and find a better post later, you can go back and edit your first nomination to remove the nomination and add in the new one (or create a new post).  If you manage to nominate multiple posts during the month, only the most recent nomination will count.
D.) Posts made in the Funhouse are the only ones that qualify for this contest.  If you're making quality posts in the Funhouse, you're clearly more valuable to society than everyone else.
E.) NWR staff posts do not qualify for this contest either, unless they're by that handsome devil insanolord.  Face it, no one from staff really posts on the forums anyway, and the ones that do don't make quality posts. :D
F.) My own posts do not qualify.  If they did, I'd automatically win.

After June 2nd, I'll compile the nominated posts and allow any NWR Staff Members to vote on the post they like the most.  In the event of a tie, I will make the deciding vote amongst the tied posts.

This contest is in no way affiliated with NWR and is just something I'm throwing together for fun.
I reserve the right to tweak the rules and qualifying requirements at any time.

Nominate a post by copying the direct URL to the post into a reply to this thread.  Include the name of the original thread title, who the author of the post is, and what reply number it is (so we can find it easy and hopefully avoid any confusion).

Get to posting. :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:47:58 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 02:53:39 AM »
I'm going to delete every post in this span that isn't by me so I win by default.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 05:03:38 AM »
UncleBob Sucks.

Now I just need someone to nominate this May 2015 post not made in the funhouse or by an NWR staff member or UncleBob himself and this contest is over.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:13:56 AM »
I nominate the post Khush made right above this one.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
Look I know I'm not the smartest, or funniest, but I make up for it in heart.
And shaymin we Australian's don't hold grudges so any time buddy..
Here's my nomination.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »
I nominate the post Khush made right above this one.

I'd like to nominate this post by Insanolord in which he nominated a post of mine.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
Here's my nomination.

D.) Posts made in the Funhouse do not qualify for this contest.  If you're making quality posts in the Funhouse, you're doing it wrong.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
Here's my nomination.

D.) Posts made in the Funhouse do not qualify for this contest.  If you're making quality posts in the Funhouse, you're doing it wrong.

Pfft. Allow me to help Pokepal148.

Hey, does anyone here remember this post by Lucariofan99?

I hope that this is the type of quality post that wins this contest. It sure is nice to have Lucariofan99 on these boards with his upbeat attitude, friendliness and high quality posting. Oh wait....

There. Now you have a post made in May and not by staff, UncleBob or in the Funhouse which Pokepal148 can nominate since it isn't his post. Where are your precious rules now?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:56:04 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
Well, the rules does say it has to be a quality post.  I think that automatically disqualifies any Khush posts.  :p
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
I'd like to nominate this post here, which prompted some good responses and allowed all of us to have a good laugh.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
I'd like to nominate this post here, which prompted some good responses and allowed all of us to have a good laugh.
Sadly unclebob has disqualified his own posts, he seems to have gotten this silly idea that they are 'good' posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 03:34:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm surprised Shaymin didn't quickly come and post about that as well. He seemed to care a lot about the rules earlier when Pokepal148 didn't have a "correct" nomination. Kind of weird he didn't catch that one right away and point out how it was incorrect also.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
I had a post I wanted to nominate, but it has since been deleted.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 11:50:34 PM »
It appears your experiment to find a good post has failed  :confused;
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 10:11:33 PM »
Posts made in the Funhouse are the only ones that qualify for this contest.

Aw. It's more fun to post in the gaming side of the forums.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 10:57:29 PM »
That's actually the opposite of what it originally said, but apparently you're the first person to notice that I changed it. What good's an abuse of power if there's nobody there to see it?

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »
I assume you'll be donating the $10 eShop credit then? :D

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
That's actually the opposite of what it originally said, but apparently you're the first person to notice that I changed it. What good's an abuse of power if there's nobody there to see it?

Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense. *nods and thumbs up*
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »

Well done Insano. It's just too bad you did it at a time people had begun to stop paying attention to the original post.

Posts made in the Funhouse are the only ones that qualify for this contest.

Aw. It's more fun to post in the gaming side of the forums.

At one time it was. But posting there has become rather stale again. Suddenly UncleBob decided he was going to apply his "standards" to the postings going on it and banned Lucariofan99, deleted a post of mine that made a joke about the staleness of the Amiibo supply issue by using a couple old meme pics as a way to emphasize that staleness which "was a bit much" and then thought an attempted bribe of the forum users to post the "correct way" or way he wants would help to further make these forums into the replies and comments he likes and wants to read. No other type of posting allowed.

I think we can all agree it's definitely been an exciting past 2-3 weeks on these forums since then. Which topics and posts have been your favorites? For my part, I found myself really upset about the whole Lucariofan99 situation and wanted to argue it further but I've told myself not to get worked up about these forums and posters before and realizing that I was really getting to rage hard against UncleBob I decided instead to take a break from the forums and cool down. I was thinking of posting nothing until Lucariofan99 returned but I had committed to Safe Words already so stuck around for it and have posted an occasional little thing here or there because I can't fully quit these forums but am still trying hard not to say or do too much on them. I'd hate to mess up UncleBob's vision and post things that might cross his posting standards criteria. When I've talked about these forums in the past and mentioned my posting ideals which would be for people to be more lighthearted and goofier in their postings, I've also mentioned that I try to display this myself with my postings. Lead by example. I wonder what posts UncleBob may point to in his own postings since launching this thread that he considers examples of being a post of the month. Sure he can't win but perhaps some examples of what worthy comments he has made would help other users to know what to nominate.

Obviously, my snark in this post shows I still a little maddened when talking about UncleBob which is tough since there are still many things I like about this guy. But as I've been reflecting on things, I'm now of the opinion that UncleBob as a moderator may be hurting these forums more than helping them and it may be time to end the moderator reign of UncleBob and return to regular postings. It's the way he's been handling his moderator powers that bugs me more than his postings and personality. That's where I'm at right now with these forums. Guess I finally wanted to just say it and get it off my mind.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »
You are, of course, welcome to state your opinions.  And if the forums deem it time for me to step down, I will do so without hesitation.

The two things I'd like to say, though:

A.) The deleted post in Talkback wasn't about the quality - it was about the content.  A bunch of meme images in a Talkback thread isn't what Talkback is about.

B.) Lucariofan has had several warnings (not all issued by myself - I'm not the only moderator on this forum who takes actions) - including a previous warning for SPAMming the forums (again, not a warning I gave out.  I'm sorry that you disagree with the decision, but, again, I had to move around two dozen posts from multiple parts of the forum to clean up after him.  And the expansion of his ban is pretty much set by precedence by the last member who evaded a temp-ban by creating an alternate account (which was not my action either).  By all rights, he was already on life support as it was, having used a particular slur - and getting official warnings for it - THREE different times.

I don't want this to be a site like NeoGAF, with crazy-strict over moderation, where if you look at a post from a year ago, there's likely to be three banned members on every page of that post - There's been so few banned members on this site (not counting clear-cut SPAMBots) - and some who had previously received life-time bans that I've gone in and revoked.

I like users to participate - but, it seems the few times I do actually step in and ask someone(s) to behave, it's like I'm Stalin marching slaves into the Gulag or something.

As for this contest I attempted to run, it was supposed to be fun and encourage posting outside of the Funhouse - but was never about any perceived level of quality that *I* was attempting to achieve - if you re-read the initial post, fellow members (yourself included) get to nominate posts and the staff members (of which I am not one of) would get a chance to vote on their favorites.  Sure, in the off chance that there's a tie, I'd break it - but I didn't really expect there to be much of a tie.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 03:30:45 AM »
You are, of course, welcome to state your opinions.  And if the forums deem it time for me to step down, I will do so without hesitation.

I think I've shown before that I'm more than ready to state my opinions. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic in my rant but it does feel to me that lately there has been this increasingly odd strictness and when I think of examples, it seems to involve you but that could come from not knowing everything going on behind the scenes.

The two things I'd like to say, though:

A.) The deleted post in Talkback wasn't about the quality - it was about the content.  A bunch of meme images in a Talkback thread isn't what Talkback is about.

I've had some posts deleted before in Talkback and it hasn't usually bothered me. I mean, I did like them but I knew they were also a bit wild. For whatever reason, this time and this post did irk me. It may have been the timing with being irked on the Lucariofan99 situation but I've also never liked this reason as to why the post was deleted.

Frankly, I'll probably argue this a bit more tomorrow but I don't think it is an argument I can lose. If you were to select 12 forum members as a jury and get another member as a judge and they all had an Anti-Khushrenada bias, (Though, let's be serious. You'll never find enough people against me for it) I'd still be able to win the debate/case because my argument is too good that they would have to concede to my logic.

Thus, it brings me back to the point about how you seem to be more trigger happy and strict with your moderating lately because of moments like this. I've heard rumors that there is a special moderator forum where moderators can see deleted posts and threads. If that is the case, I invite you to retrieve that post and copy or paste here and show it for other users because I'd love to see how many people think it is against the "Talkback spirit". Heck, explain your belief of how "wrong" it is. I'd re-post it but I can't exactly remember what I wrote and it actually took a long time to find the image links to get that post just right in my eyes and can't even recall exactly which I ended up using. In this case, I don't want to get the details wrong because my counter-argument is strong enough to defend what exactly it was I posted.

B.) Lucariofan has had several warnings (not all issued by myself - I'm not the only moderator on this forum who takes actions) - including a previous warning for SPAMming the forums (again, not a warning I gave out.  I'm sorry that you disagree with the decision, but, again, I had to move around two dozen posts from multiple parts of the forum to clean up after him.  And the expansion of his ban is pretty much set by precedence by the last member who evaded a temp-ban by creating an alternate account (which was not my action either).  By all rights, he was already on life support as it was, having used a particular slur - and getting official warnings for it - THREE different times.

I gave a bit of a defense for Lucariofan99 when it first happened and I wanted to defend him more after the details on it came out further but I was just really busy with so much else in life. I could hardly participate much in the mafia game going on. While it's bugged me that I wasn't able to finish defending him, there also gets to be a point where things should be dropped and a sort of forum statue of limitations is reached I suppose. That said, I think I could give a pretty good defense for him and against the actions taken towards him over things in this whole fiasco because I feel that arguing for Lucariofan99 is the right thing and action to be taken in this case. It isn't always with him and I'm not always sticking my neck out for him but in this case, it just seems so clear to me.

I don't want this to be a site like NeoGAF, with crazy-strict over moderation, where if you look at a post from a year ago, there's likely to be three banned members on every page of that post - There's been so few banned members on this site (not counting clear-cut SPAMBots) - and some who had previously received life-time bans that I've gone in and revoked.

I like users to participate - but, it seems the few times I do actually step in and ask someone(s) to behave, it's like I'm Stalin marching slaves into the Gulag or something.

And I don't want that either. I'm just trying to point out to you that you might be starting to head that way and not realize it yourself. In the case of Lucariofan99's ban, it was Shaymin taking the heat before you filled everyone in on the details so it's not like you are the number one suspect all the time when people are upset about an action. Forum users didn't know which moderator it was, we just didn't like the action taken no matter who had done it. It just seems to have struck many people as the wrong actions taken which I would think would then make you pause and maybe re-think about why you felt the need to take the action against him you did but you've stuck with it. The really ironic thing about this all is that Lucariofan99 is sort of an insignificant poster in a lot of ways and yet he seems to be causing some of the weirdest forum drama only because he gets all these moderated actions against him whereas if he was left alone and sort of ignored, there would probably be no drama in the first place and no one would be paying that much attention to him.

TJ Spyke wasn't the most beloved member of these forums and yet, at one point, other forum members were on his side and defending him against you because they viewed posts you made in the funhouse and directed at him to be past a certain moral line and into bullying. It was too much piling on. With Oblivion, although Pokepal148 was also constantly needling him also, you seemed to get into a never-ending contentious relationship there because of past history. I think history is repeating itself with Lucariofan99 even though there are times when you are in the right with your actions to him. It's caused you to take extra actions which you may not have needed or should have taken.

As for this contest I attempted to run, it was supposed to be fun and encourage posting outside of the Funhouse - but was never about any perceived level of quality that *I* was attempting to achieve - if you re-read the initial post, fellow members (yourself included) get to nominate posts and the staff members (of which I am not one of) would get a chance to vote on their favorites.  Sure, in the off chance that there's a tie, I'd break it - but I didn't really expect there to be much of a tie.

I'll take you at your word here. The timing of it all just seemed off and sent a weird message to me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:34:03 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 04:00:49 AM »
[...]they all had an Anti-Khushrenada bias, (Though, let's be serious. You'll never find enough people against me for it)
Maybe we should get Anti-Khushrenada or one of the other twelve alts. ;)

Thus, it brings me back to the point about how you seem to be more trigger happy and strict with your moderating lately because of moments like this.
Man, it seems like it was just yesterday that a group of people left because the forums were too lax in their moderation.  Now, we're too trigger happy.  Because of 2 or 3 things.

I've heard rumors that there is a special moderator forum where moderators can see deleted posts and threads. If that is the case, I invite you to retrieve that post and copy or paste here and show it for other users because I'd love to see how many people think it is against the "Talkback spirit". Heck, explain your belief of how "wrong" it is. I'd re-post it but I can't exactly remember what I wrote and it actually took a long time to find the image links to get that post just right in my eyes and can't even recall exactly which I ended up using. In this case, I don't want to get the details wrong because my counter-argument is strong enough to defend what exactly it was I posted.

It's not some clandestine forum or something like it seems you're making it out to be - it's just the default forum where a post goes when you hit "delete".  No big deal, it's even called the "Recycle Bin".

Complaining about Amiibo Supply Issues is still a thing?!?

Yes. Time to do the Harlem Shake!

So here, not only is your post without any real relation to the OP of the thread, but it's just a couple of meme gifs and a dash of insult towards another poster that posted something you don't like.  You could have posted this in the "Off Topic Replies" thread.

And I don't want that either. I'm just trying to point out to you that you might be starting to head that way and not realize it yourself.

Because of a temp-ban for a single user who was spamming the forums?

Well, I guess we all have to start somewhere. :D

In the case of Lucariofan99's ban, it was Shaymin taking the heat before you filled everyone in on the details so it's not like you are the number one suspect all the time when people are upset about an action. Forum users didn't know which moderator it was, we just didn't like the action taken no matter who had done it. It just seems to have struck many people as the wrong actions taken which I would think would then make you pause and maybe re-think about why you felt the need to take the action against him you did but you've stuck with it.
I don't think it's fair that you keep referencing "forum users" as if you're one voice.  Several forum members actually replied that they agreed Lucariofan had taken things too far.

TJ Spyke wasn't the most beloved member of these forums and yet, at one point, other forum members were on his side and defending him against you because they viewed posts you made in the funhouse and directed at him to be past a certain moral line and into bullying. It was too much piling on.
I'll say it again, TJSpyke made a claim and I gave him ample opportunity to back up his claim.  As much as you try to be the forum lawyer, you'd think you'd *want* him to bring some kind of evidence to the table to support his post.  I suppose I should have just posted a bunch of meme gifs and made fun of him instead of giving him a chance to back up his own claims.

With Oblivion
You keep trying to pull the rest of the forum in here.  I've discussed Oblivion at length with Oblivion and see no reason to get into that discussion again - but I'd like to point out, Oblivion was banned because he requested to be banned.  When he came back under a different account, no action was taken against the new account in spite of the fact that we all knew it was him and I even posted, publicly, to that extent.  He's been a great poster (now and, for the most part, before) and sincerely seems to want to put the past in the past.  It seems rather uncouth for you to dig it up and try to drag him into more forum drama.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 05:59:47 AM »

Well, I guess we all have to start somewhere. :D

True! So let me start by clearing up a misconception!

TJ Spyke wasn't the most beloved member of these forums and yet, at one point, other forum members were on his side and defending him against you because they viewed posts you made in the funhouse and directed at him to be past a certain moral line and into bullying. It was too much piling on.

I'll say it again, TJSpyke made a claim and I gave him ample opportunity to back up his claim.  As much as you try to be the forum lawyer, you'd think you'd *want* him to bring some kind of evidence to the table to support his post.  I suppose I should have just posted a bunch of meme gifs and made fun of him instead of giving him a chance to back up his own claims.

With Oblivion
You keep trying to pull the rest of the forum in here.  I've discussed Oblivion at length with Oblivion and see no reason to get into that discussion again - but I'd like to point out, Oblivion was banned because he requested to be banned.  When he came back under a different account, no action was taken against the new account in spite of the fact that we all knew it was him and I even posted, publicly, to that extent.  He's been a great poster (now and, for the most part, before) and sincerely seems to want to put the past in the past.  It seems rather uncouth for you to dig it up and try to drag him into more forum drama.

I'm not trying to drag Spyke or ObbyDent into this or recreate past situations. I was merely attempting to show a parallel of past occasions involving you and other forum members that I felt mirrored the situation a bit with Lucariofan99 currently and what I see as a destructive cycle of having an issue with a forum user that keeps escalating when maybe it shouldn't and wouldn't if you removed yourself from correcting them and let others handle them. I'm glad the tension that grew between you and ObbyDent went away. I'd like to see the same thing happen with you and Lucariofan99 as well. I'm just noting what looks like a pattern of behavior with you from my eyes which you may not realize or see. Since you didn't seem to understand my point in using those examples, you still may not understand what I'm trying to say there but I don't want to go over those examples more as they are just a sidepoint to everything.

Although....

I should have just posted a bunch of meme gifs and made fun of him

...sounds great to me! Will you really?!?

I don't think it's fair that you keep referencing "forum users" as if you're one voice.  Several forum members actually replied that they agreed Lucariofan had taken things too far.

Hey now. Just because most forum users usually agree with me doesn't make me think I speak for them all. I'm not Ian Sane and posting in absolutes as if my opinion is the one everybody else shares and believes. However...

Pokepal148 obviously thought the action was too much

Stratos had no problem with Lucariofan's actions:

Aww, I thought it was a funny change of pace. It would have gotten annoying if it kept going past the current mafia game. I'm guessing he role played too far with someone not in the know.

Soren had no problem with Lucariofan's actions:

Lucario's posts on that Wii U thread were pretty much the only good things there the last few days.

In a surprise twist I love, Broodwars had no problems with Lucariofan's actions:

I honestly don't understand why he got banned. If it was for his Borderlands 2 Torgue stuff, he was in character. I knew that, and it didn't bother me.

Fatty the Hutt had no problems with Lucariofan's actions:

30 days ban? That's just idiotic.
This pathetic excuse for a forum community has enough problems without completely alienating one of it's few enthusiasts. Plus, the kid's like 16 years old or something, isn't he?
5 days maximum gets the point across splendidly

consider me your court of appeal here. I have experience in that area...

Although Silenced never gives a confirmation post of being ok with Lucariofan's actions which I could use here also like other users, he did post in favor of Lucariofan99 having a shorter sentence and showed no ill will to how Lucariofan99 had been posting.

The only forum users who seem to be on your side are Adrock and, I guess, Shaymin (who has always disliked Lucariofan99) although Mop it up would also post a little something in your favor which I'll soon get too. What's even funnier is that when Lucariofan99 came back briefly as the Aura Ghost (which is when you got a bit more support for banning Lucariofan99 further and might be the support you're thinking of), even then forum users weren't fully on your side.

Lolmonade posted this:

I like Lucariofan, but man, just take your licks and move on...

Can I petition the removal of the additonal 10 day ban?  The RP stuff was a little much, but I second that his contributions if a bit manic keep the forums fun.

He wanted the extra time taken off and still liked Lucariofan's contributions.

Triforce Hermit took the time to finally post about Lucariofan's contributions that led to his ban:

I would have defended the Mr. Torgue roleplay (because I enjoyed it and he was well within character), but I left it up to the mods.

The dupe account was a stupid idea and you had to have know that it wasn't going to end well.

He had no problems with Lucariofan's behaviour and just added that he knew Lucariofan would cause himself more trouble with the Aura Ghost account but he doesn't post anything about being in favor of the ban.

As for Mop it up,

Although I agree with what Adrock said, I was about to say that maybe 15 or 20 days would be better. However, circumventing a ban is a huge no-no. I've got no defense for that.

she disappoints us all by agreeing with Adrock yet even she doesn't like the ban amount but concedes on defending the ban circumvention. (Which I will also defend)

So when you say:

I think you're quite wrong. I have no problem referencing "forum users" as being on my side because, of the forum users that have spoken up or talked about this, there seem to be way more on my side than ones that agree with you. In any case, I stated "many members" didn't like the actions taken. That doesn't mean 100% support and, as shown by the quotes, many members have stated not liking it. When I state "Forum users didn't know which moderator it was, we just didn't like the action taken no matter who had done it", I'm referring to the users who complained at first to Shaymin and then to you about it. The term "forum users" has no specific quantity either. This is splitting hairs over something with very little relevance which does nothing to help your case or hinder mine and seems to ignore the point being made in the whole paragraph.

Couple other points:

[...]they all had an Anti-Khushrenada bias, (Though, let's be serious. You'll never find enough people against me for it)
Maybe we should get Anti-Khushrenada or one of the other twelve alts. ;)

Why didn't I think of that? I could create all the jury members and judge! Brilliant!

Thus, it brings me back to the point about how you seem to be more trigger happy and strict with your moderating lately because of moments like this.
Man, it seems like it was just yesterday that a group of people left because the forums were too lax in their moderation.  Now, we're too trigger happy.  Because of 2 or 3 things.

(although maybe replace "your" with "their" in that quote to make it fit even better as a reply)

I've heard rumors that there is a special moderator forum where moderators can see deleted posts and threads. If that is the case, I invite you to retrieve that post and copy or paste here and show it for other users because I'd love to see how many people think it is against the "Talkback spirit". Heck, explain your belief of how "wrong" it is. I'd re-post it but I can't exactly remember what I wrote and it actually took a long time to find the image links to get that post just right in my eyes and can't even recall exactly which I ended up using. In this case, I don't want to get the details wrong because my counter-argument is strong enough to defend what exactly it was I posted.

It's not some clandestine forum or something like it seems you're making it out to be - it's just the default forum where a post goes when you hit "delete".  No big deal, it's even called the "Recycle Bin".

C'mon, it's me. We should all know I love to hype my descriptions of ordinary things.

So here, not only is your post without any real relation to the OP of the thread, but it's just a couple of meme gifs and a dash of insult towards another poster that posted something you don't like.  You could have posted this in the "Off Topic Replies" thread.

Complaining about Amiibo Supply Issues is still a thing?!?

Yes. Time to do the Harlem Shake!

Ha ha ha. Maybe it's just me and my own warped humour but seeing this post and reading it again makes me laugh out loud to myself. Hello old friend. I don't understand this part: "a dash of insult towards another poster that posted something you don't like." There's nothing in this post that is an insult to another poster and when I made it I never directed it at anyone. Anyways, I don't actually have an argument to defend it, I just wanted to see it again. Just kidding. I do want to talk more about it and Talkback in general but as we keep posting between each other we keep bringing in a lot of extra points so I'm going to create a separate thread/topic about this.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 07:25:39 AM »
A) I was in favor of the alt account ban and extension. You got banned, you deal with it. Fighting it won't make it any better. It never does. A ban is there to chase you away so you can take a few deep breaths and come back less bitter. The original ban seemed rather long, I would have made it 20 days (but of course he came back and added an extra 10 days).

B) To stay on topic, I'm nominating this post. I meant to do it eventually.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=47168.25
If ejamer actually has dedication to boycott Amiibo supported games, good for him.  We tend to suck at voting with our wallets and put up with a lot of bullshit to get our videogame fix.  The publishers know this.  They know they can sneak in microtransactions and on disc DLC and day-one patches and online passes and DRM and in-game advertisements and all this other nonsense as long as they put enough of a game we're vaguely interested somewhere within.  Nintendo knows Amiibos are bullshit but they also know that most of us are addicted to Mario and Zelda like a drug.  We may not like Amiibos but do we dislike them enough to refuse to buy a game we otherwise are interested in?  Are we willing to suffer a little bit by not playing a game we're mostly interested in to show publishers that we won't be exploited?  No, we usually aren't and every publishers knows this and preys on it.  And the second you buy a game that has some anti-consumer nonsense in it you are endorsing it, even if you don't participate directly.  They know that whatever bullshit they squeezed in there didn't annoy their customers enough to prevent an outright purchase, so they'll push harder next time.

If anyone who didn't like Amiibos stopped buying games that supported them it might actually affect Nintendo's bottom line enough to change their business practices.  Every publisher will only be consumer friendly enough to get the sale.  If you show a very low tolerance for anti-consumer bullshit they will back down.  Despite us all being willing participants that can refuse to spend our money at any time, it too often appears that the publishers hold all the power because we seem to have very little self-control on something as unnecessary and frivolous as videogames.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 07:30:32 AM »
A) I was in favor of the alt account ban and extension. You got banned, you deal with it. Fighting it won't make it any better. It never does. A ban is there to chase you away so you can take a few deep breaths and come back less bitter. The original ban seemed rather long, I would have made it 20 days (but of course he came back and added an extra 10 days).

But did you have an issue with Lucariofan's posting before the ban or think he should have been banned for it?