NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit

<< < (4/8) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
That's actually the opposite of what it originally said, but apparently you're the first person to notice that I changed it. What good's an abuse of power if there's nobody there to see it?

UncleBob:
I assume you'll be donating the $10 eShop credit then? :D

Phil:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on May 21, 2015, 10:57:29 PM ---That's actually the opposite of what it originally said, but apparently you're the first person to notice that I changed it. What good's an abuse of power if there's nobody there to see it?

--- End quote ---

Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense. *nods and thumbs up*

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on May 21, 2015, 10:57:29 PM ---That's actually the opposite of what it originally said, but apparently you're the first person to notice that I changed it. What good's an abuse of power if there's nobody there to see it?

--- End quote ---

Well done Insano. It's just too bad you did it at a time people had begun to stop paying attention to the original post.

--- Quote from: Phil on May 21, 2015, 10:11:33 PM ---Posts made in the Funhouse are the only ones that qualify for this contest.

Aw. It's more fun to post in the gaming side of the forums.

--- End quote ---

At one time it was. But posting there has become rather stale again. Suddenly UncleBob decided he was going to apply his "standards" to the postings going on it and banned Lucariofan99, deleted a post of mine that made a joke about the staleness of the Amiibo supply issue by using a couple old meme pics as a way to emphasize that staleness which "was a bit much" and then thought an attempted bribe of the forum users to post the "correct way" or way he wants would help to further make these forums into the replies and comments he likes and wants to read. No other type of posting allowed.

I think we can all agree it's definitely been an exciting past 2-3 weeks on these forums since then. Which topics and posts have been your favorites? For my part, I found myself really upset about the whole Lucariofan99 situation and wanted to argue it further but I've told myself not to get worked up about these forums and posters before and realizing that I was really getting to rage hard against UncleBob I decided instead to take a break from the forums and cool down. I was thinking of posting nothing until Lucariofan99 returned but I had committed to Safe Words already so stuck around for it and have posted an occasional little thing here or there because I can't fully quit these forums but am still trying hard not to say or do too much on them. I'd hate to mess up UncleBob's vision and post things that might cross his posting standards criteria. When I've talked about these forums in the past and mentioned my posting ideals which would be for people to be more lighthearted and goofier in their postings, I've also mentioned that I try to display this myself with my postings. Lead by example. I wonder what posts UncleBob may point to in his own postings since launching this thread that he considers examples of being a post of the month. Sure he can't win but perhaps some examples of what worthy comments he has made would help other users to know what to nominate.

Obviously, my snark in this post shows I still a little maddened when talking about UncleBob which is tough since there are still many things I like about this guy. But as I've been reflecting on things, I'm now of the opinion that UncleBob as a moderator may be hurting these forums more than helping them and it may be time to end the moderator reign of UncleBob and return to regular postings. It's the way he's been handling his moderator powers that bugs me more than his postings and personality. That's where I'm at right now with these forums. Guess I finally wanted to just say it and get it off my mind.

UncleBob:
You are, of course, welcome to state your opinions.  And if the forums deem it time for me to step down, I will do so without hesitation.

The two things I'd like to say, though:

A.) The deleted post in Talkback wasn't about the quality - it was about the content.  A bunch of meme images in a Talkback thread isn't what Talkback is about.

B.) Lucariofan has had several warnings (not all issued by myself - I'm not the only moderator on this forum who takes actions) - including a previous warning for SPAMming the forums (again, not a warning I gave out.  I'm sorry that you disagree with the decision, but, again, I had to move around two dozen posts from multiple parts of the forum to clean up after him.  And the expansion of his ban is pretty much set by precedence by the last member who evaded a temp-ban by creating an alternate account (which was not my action either).  By all rights, he was already on life support as it was, having used a particular slur - and getting official warnings for it - THREE different times.

I don't want this to be a site like NeoGAF, with crazy-strict over moderation, where if you look at a post from a year ago, there's likely to be three banned members on every page of that post - There's been so few banned members on this site (not counting clear-cut SPAMBots) - and some who had previously received life-time bans that I've gone in and revoked.

I like users to participate - but, it seems the few times I do actually step in and ask someone(s) to behave, it's like I'm Stalin marching slaves into the Gulag or something.

As for this contest I attempted to run, it was supposed to be fun and encourage posting outside of the Funhouse - but was never about any perceived level of quality that *I* was attempting to achieve - if you re-read the initial post, fellow members (yourself included) get to nominate posts and the staff members (of which I am not one of) would get a chance to vote on their favorites.  Sure, in the off chance that there's a tie, I'd break it - but I didn't really expect there to be much of a tie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version