NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

Can something be done about the auto-play anti-smoking ads?

(1/2) > >>

broodwars:
Seriously, I have no problem with ads being present on the site, but I take issue with ones that auto-play audio. In just the last 5 minutes of browsing alone, I've had 3-4 of those anti-smoking ads start LOUDLY playing (often echoing because it's playing twice on top of itself) somewhere higher up the page. It's incredibly annoying and the kind of stuff I turn adblock on for on other sites.  I realize the ads have to be there, but can you do something about the auto-play ones with audio?

Oblivion:
I don't think they can really control the ads that display.

TheYoungerPlumber:
Broodwars, we'll look into this. Often the ads served are region-based, which makes it tough to reproduce the offending ad and track down.

Have you encountered any ads doing this aside from the anti-smoking ads?

broodwars:

--- Quote from: TheYoungerPlumber on August 10, 2014, 01:11:27 AM ---Broodwars, we'll look into this. Often the ads served are region-based, which makes it tough to reproduce the offending ad and track down.

Have you encountered any ads doing this aside from the anti-smoking ads?

--- End quote ---

I've only noticed the anti-smoking ad doing audio, though we've had motion ads pop up in the forums in the past.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember what they were for.

Thanks for looking into it.

BranDonk Kong:
This place has ads?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version