NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

Malicious URL coming up

(1/2) > >>

Ian Sane:
Over the last couple days my anti-virus software has been bringing up malicious URLs warnings when I'm on the forums.  Something called www.javaonlined.com.  I'm guessing it's coming from ads.

UncleBob:
I'd say ads - I'm not getting it.  Megabyte?

Khushrenada:
Oh, that's what's going on. Yeah, sometimes when I'm accessing the site, the whole page will suddenly become an ad or message to install this Java Online Update. I can not close it or find any way to close it when it takes over the screen. If I hit the back button, it will not take me back to the page I was on when the ad takes over. Instead, it sends me back to the 2nd page back. I never linked this to an NWR only issue though but now I realize it only happens when accessing this site. Definitely annoying.

Caliban:
It happened to me on the site today (not in the forums). Had to let the review page load, and press Esc as soon as possible so whatever was causing it wouldn't load.

Edit: Darn it! Happened on the forums for me too.

Khushrenada:
Not sure if someone has looked into this but right now in the past few minutes has been the first time in awhile where I've visited the site and not had the false Java or Flash player update take over the screen. Progress?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version