Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.  (Read 74974 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »
Story Post

For the intro, I'd start with the Federation getting ready to raid the main command center of the Space Pirates which has been set-up around the crystalline structure. One of the members catches a glimpse of Samus Aran about to enter and they realize they need to act now to grab the Metroid before she does. Samus and the Federation Forces burst into the Command Center at the same time and start blasting at the pirates who begin blasting back. The Federation Forces blast a few shots Samus way as well to try and keep her back and slow her progress. She returns the favor. In between this triangle of laser fire is one pokepal148. He's getting blasted from all sides and laments his lot in life.

The free-for-all causes the electrical equipment in the center to overload and explode leading to the center collapsing in on itself. Everyone scrambles to get away in separate directions from the cave-in. After the dust clears, Samus sees a gap that she can get through to get inside the center. She does so to search for the Metroid. Inside, she finds a lone space pirate. She thinks it might be the injured pokepal148 but its actually thatguy. Blasting him with her arm cannon, she is shocked to see thatguy's form blur and then separate into some X-Parasites. They charge at Samus and infect her before she can get away. It turns out the explosion caused the crystalline structure to open a rift in time and space to the time of the BSL Space Station X-Parasite takeover before she had arrived back in the events of Metroid Fusion. Curious as to the rift that appeared before it on BSL, this particular X-Parasite entered it to see what it was all about. Bad timing for Samus. She hurries back to her Gunship to try and counteract the X-Parasite infection much faster this time having gone through this experience before.

In a twist, the rift allowing the X-Parasite to arrive wasn't the only one created in the explosion. After Samus has left, another rift opens and soon after another entity comes through. This time it is Dark Samus. Unsure as to what it is encountering on this side of the rift and not being able to feel a connection to the planet Phaaze has Dark Samus confused as to what this side of the rift might be. Yet, it recognizes the Space Pirate technology and wonders if the Pirates have made some new technological advances that it can use and incorporate with its takeover of the Space Pirate organization back in the time it came from. Dark Samus then sets off to begin exploring and solve the mystery before it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:32:42 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »
Announcement Post

The following players have died:

Thatguy - Space Pirate / X-Parasite (Killed by Samus)

That is all. Yes, pokepal148 is still alive and kicking. Tonight is a Dark Samus hit night provided Dark Samus isn't voted out during the day. There are 17 players still alive. That means the majority vote for today would have to consist of 9 votes. Voting Period / Day will be open a generous 48 hours and change closing at 11:00 AM EST on Saturday Mar. 28, 2020. Plan accordingly.

There is no voting requirement rule this game. You are free to vote as regularly or inactively as you want. Thus, no one needs to worry about being automatically eliminated from non-participation.

This game is back on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:55:53 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
Since Samus didn't try to kill pokepal148 at night, ensuring the Metroid would be moved, would she have voted for him during the day? I'm guessing not. The doctor is pretty much forced to protect pokepal148 all the time now, so better to get someone else possibly voted out to reduce the field?

Other than vote record and people dropping hints about what they are, not sure there is much to go on for early votes this time.

Just to get things rolling, I'll un-Vote Mr Bungle based on the backtracking comment in Day 1.
(Pirates don't backtrack.)

{{edited to change vote}}
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:36 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
Is dere any explanation to how ahm Stll Alive? I mean of coase ahm still alive, ahm ridley. I always suvive without a rational explanation, but I'd really like an explanation fer once.

Edit: Oh I see. The Doctah can protect me from the vote. Remind me to give them a raise.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
Quick note. I said that voting was until Friday morning. For some reason, I had it in my head that this morning was Wednesday instead of Thursday. I've fixed that in the announcement thread. The date of Mar. 28 was correct which is a Saturday so hopefully that clears up any potential confusion that may have occurred.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:42 PM »
Is dere any explanation to how ahm Stll Alive? I mean of coase ahm still alive, ahm ridley. I always suvive without a rational explanation, but I'd really like an explanation fer once.

Edit: Oh I see. The Doctah can protect me from the vote. Remind me to give them a raise.

While that is true the doctor can only protect someone from the vote or night actions but not both in one night.  Curious as to why there was no other action other than thatguys death.  I mean a good majority of the players were around at the end of the day. Surely the Mafia would of acted in some way.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »
Since Samus didn't try to kill pokepal148 at night, ensuring the Metroid would be moved, would she have voted for him during the day? I'm guessing not. The doctor is pretty much forced to protect pokepal148 all the time now, so better to get someone else possibly voted out to reduce the field?

Do we know that there were no attempts by Samus or the Mafia? I know some games they don't mention if an attempt happened but was prevented. Though usually Khush does mention it, so probably does mean no hits were made.

Did Lucario end up posting last night at all? Possible one of the roles is inactive still?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:46 PM »

Do we know that there were no attempts by Samus or the Mafia? I know some games they don't mention if an attempt happened but was prevented. Though usually Khush does mention it, so probably does mean no hits were made.

Did Lucario end up posting last night at all? Possible one of the roles is inactive still?

It looks like Samus was active and killed thatguy and I didn't see Lucario or RABicle post in the thread.  I did see RABicle around the thread before the thread was locked but no posts or votes for anyone by them.  Lucario I think I saw them on the forums and they made a few posts on the forum after the thread lock. They were also on Discord a lot though...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
Sensors indicate high probability that a reconnaissance mission took place during the Night.

Loss of X-Parasite reduces future possibility to limit power of ThreatID_Samus.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 03:07:37 PM »
Sensors indicate high probability that a reconnaissance mission took place during the Night.

Loss of X-Parasite reduces future possibility to limit power of ThreatID_Samus.

Ya know I am thinking that that is a possibility.  So according to the Rules and Roles thread under the Godfather (Deleter) section the 3 goons can do actions if sent on a recon mission.  Federation Commando can use the X-Ray Visor to learn the role of someone, Federation Marine can use the visor scanner to learn what items/powerups are assigned to the player they search and the Federation Trooper can use a shine spark to escape any would be actions on them. 

As to the X-Parasite being lost this early it means that Samus can't be limited in the future. Things could snowball quick if we are not careful.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 03:36:18 PM »

I'm not here to play the game for the players so if people have a wrong assumption on things then it is on them to figure things out. However, I also know that a wrote a really long rules section to try and go over many things that may or may not end up being relevant in the game. And despite all that writing, when I was looking for the information relevant to this question, I couldn't see it posted there yet I swore I typed it up at some point. So, I'll make sure the info is at least posted here so that it has been made clear.

The Mafia can choose to make a hit or do a recon mission. If the Mafia does a recon mission then they can not make a hit. I am not going to mention in the announcements if the Mafia did a recon mission. Likewise, the Mafia can choose to do nothing or the Godfather could be absent. If there is no hit posted, it will be a bit of a mystery as to what is chosen though you can probably guess what it was.  ;)

However, there is also a bit more vagueness that can happen with a hit. A Samus can get an Energy Tank. If that Energy Tank is used to save that Samus from the vote or from a Mafia hit then it will expose who they are. So, then it is kind of pointless to have this item if it will just mean their death the next day anyways by revealing they were saved by an Energy Tank. But by not saying by what means a player was saved then one doesn't know if it was the doctor or Samus except by the Doctor and Samus themselves. (Or even a Mafia member Shinesparking away). Of course, if the doctor or both Samus players are eliminated then it won't matter.

It is why I didn't mention how pokepal148 survived. Just that he did. Players will have to think and guess as best as they can based on the roles and items currently known and available. You will be informed as to what items/power-ups a Samus acquires so you will have that bit of info to help in keeping track of things. Similar to the vagueness in pokepal148 surviving the vote there may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post. If there is a case like today in which there is one successful hit mentioned but no mention of another player surviving from being targeted by a faction then that is because there wasn't another player targeted and thus nothing to report.

I hope that helps make things a bit clear for everyone in understanding the Announcement news going forward.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »
Just to get things rolling, I'll Vote Mr Bungle based on the backtracking comment in Day 1.
(Pirates don't backtrack.)

This is the same kind of union busting talk I heard when I was in the Dasha system. But did you know that in Spiral sector the United Pirate Workers of Tallon have negotiated for backtracking privileges on the weekends and overtime pay when dealing with Metroids?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »

Other than vote record and people dropping hints about what they are, not sure there is much to go on for early votes this time.
I strongly disagree with this assessment. I see no reason to assume that either Samus was not voting against me, in fact I am almost certain both of them were. Consider this: Targeting thatguy, who was attempting to vote me out, while voting me out yourself essentially doubles your chance of getting the metroid, either through random chance or by getting it from thatguy who got it through random chance.

But either way, losing the X parasite makes both Samus mains far more dangerous to da Mafia LXXXV Meta so Ahm going to call upon both the federation commando and the detective to consider reachin' out to me. If we can combine and coordinate your investigative abilities we should be able to quickly locate and eliminate both Sammy and Sammy After Hours before dey become too dangerous.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
Vote Steefosaurus for the green text.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

A little ironic, coming for you and your green avatar and green text in your user name.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:28:48 PM »
...But either way, losing the X parasite makes both Samus mains far more dangerous to da Mafia LXXXV Meta so Ahm going to call upon both the federation commando and the detective to consider reachin' out to me. If we can combine and coordinate your investigative abilities we should be able to quickly locate and eliminate both Sammy and Sammy After Hours before dey become too dangerous.

So you're playing a protection racket on both sides, and figuring that everyone should tell you everything? You'd think this game was called pokepal148 Dread...
 :o

And to be clear:   ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:41:47 PM by ejamer »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
I have here my new tier list for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Dey don't call me Meta Ridley for nuthin'. I got all the latest FGC analysis right here.

S tier: Ridley
A tier:
B tier:
C tier:
D tier:
F tier: Everyone else

Z tier: Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »

Loading Appeasement_Protocol/RGB_UserSettings/ShyGuy...

Dear user, are you aware you can customise .Adam display settings? SubRoutine_Marketing suggests it may aid user expression.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »

Dear user, are you aware you can customise .Adam display settings? SubRoutine_Marketing suggests it may aid user expression.

Don't bring Adam into this. I'm pretty sure that he's a misogynist prick, who grooms young girls with a daddy complex.

But you can just highlight all of the multi-color text to get rid of the formatting and render it white on blue.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »
Do Metroids ever speak? I guess this may have been a bad character choice...

Either way, I'm glad winter's over, much easier to move around now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 12:41:52 AM »

Faith and Begorrah!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 05:38:55 AM »
Sorry for being late yall. Didn't even remember this one on until Khush reminded me on discord.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 05:44:53 AM »
I brought a basket of puppies, so maybe samus will forgive me?
Made you look ****.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »

It looks like Samus was active and killed thatguy and I didn't see Lucario or RABicle post in the thread.  I did see RABicle around the thread before the thread was locked but no posts or votes for anyone by them.  Lucario I think I saw them on the forums and they made a few posts on the forum after the thread lock. They were also on Discord a lot though...

Yeah sorry I don't like the opening days, lots to read but not much to know. I will make a vote in the long day today.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »

It is why I didn't mention how pokepal148 survived. Just that he did. Players will have to think and guess as best as they can based on the roles and items currently known and available. You will be informed as to what items/power-ups a Samus acquires so you will have that bit of info to help in keeping track of things. Similar to the vagueness in pokepal148 surviving the vote there may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post. If there is a case like today in which there is one successful hit mentioned but no mention of another player surviving from being targeted by a faction then that is because there wasn't another player targeted and thus nothing to report.

I hope that helps make things a bit clear for everyone in understanding the Announcement news going forward.

Having just read the rules, I think most of the announcement policies are fine.  I will say that with such a complicated set of rules, it'd be helpful if the host could answer some questions without giving things away as much as possible.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.