Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS  (Read 40453 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Wow, looks like you have the eagle eye lol, I didn't catch on that detail.  I do hope that this picture is a full indication of what to expect from the in game village because there seems to be allot going on there.  Its funny though how such a small picture of a hand drawn village can fill me with so much joy and excitement lol.  I tell you, only Nintendo could pull that kind of magic. 

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
A cave or network of them to explore would be quite interesting.   I'm hoping for a good amount of small expansions of that sort.  New places to go and explore.  Perhaps gather things to sell.   Cave mushrooms would make a great item to sell at Nooks.   The concept art map is quite interesting.   Makes me hopeful. :)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:42:26 AM »
God, I hope they add stuff. I can't believe I bought this entire series :/ It really hasn't changed enough :( So much potential lost.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
Did you guys check this new detail?  It looks like you can apply patterns to couch pillows.  In one scene a girl has two of the same couch, but one of them had heart pillows that match her shirt.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »
Thats a good eye you got there to pick that up.  Do you have a link or a screenshot of the part in  question.  As for this release of AC, I'm really looking foward to it.  It looks like they might actually have added a lot to this version.  There seems to be a lot more customization and not just on your house, but the town itself.  I wish this would release in time for the holidays but it's not looking likely. 

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »
I believe this is the scene Tannookisuit was referring to.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVY7O-FK0DQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=55s

It does look like the exact same sofa.  I believe the cabin set, but hearts instead of the normal pillows.  That's a good catch, I hadn't noticed it.

Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:05 AM »
What do you think are the things in Animal Crossing 3ds that  u like?

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
I like catching Sea Bass.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
FYI, there's already a thread for AC3d by the exact same title.  I would carry your conversation to the other one before this one is closed.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
New details have surfaced. To begin you are the mayor of the city, and the game offers a ton more customization, right down to being able to customize your furniture.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1213883p1.html

Finally, it looks like the series is finally evolving more then a couple of steps, especially in what makes the game so much fun, the item and world side of things.

FYI, there's already a thread for AC3d by the exact same title.  I would carry your conversation to the other one before this one is closed.

Considering I created this thread back around E3 and the other was created several months after, I think it is safe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:12:48 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
The Developer talk got me excited when I watched it a few days ago. I'm really hoping this game turns out great since I was disappointed in City Folk. It looks like it will have a lot of good inclusions and fun tasks. Animal Crossing is much better suited for a handheld system in my opinion so I hope this one will be superior than City Folk. Good Lord, K.K. Slider in 3D... My heart is going to Explode!!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Looking forward to playing it with some of you guys!

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »
I'm really letting myself get too excited for this game.  I spent so much time in Wild World, really been itching to have more portable Animal Crossing.   I like the ideas of customization with street lights and such.  I wonder just how much choice and options we will have with them.

It also kinda gives me hope that maybe there are some other changes that haven't been revealed yet too.  With the whole community thing they are putting into Mario Kart, that might make an interesting addition to Animal Crossing.  Just really looking forward to having this on my 3DS.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
The Developer talk got me excited when I watched it a few days ago. I'm really hoping this game turns out great since I was disappointed in City Folk. It looks like it will have a lot of good inclusions and fun tasks. Animal Crossing is much better suited for a handheld system in my opinion so I hope this one will be superior than City Folk. Good Lord, K.K. Slider in 3D... My heart is going to Explode!!

My wife and I actually much prefer it on a console.  We like to watch each other play, help each other listen for balloons, see each others reactions to the gifts we sent them.  I can't wait for the 3DS version, but I want a WiiU version more.  Especially since a recent repair wiped my City Folk save file from my system.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:29 PM »
I'm really letting myself get too excited for this game.  I spent so much time in Wild World, really been itching to have more portable Animal Crossing.   
You?  My excitement has been off the charts lol.  At one point during the summer, the wait for information and a release pushed me so far as try and create my own Animal Crossing demo lol.  I only got so far as to learning and creating a wireframe mesh of the male character in the 3ds version using the free 3d modeling program Blender.  I used the character images released at the time as reference and was at a point where I was going to start texturing it.  I don't really think I would've gone as far as creating a full working Animal Crossing clone but I at least wanted to import my character into a 3d animal crossing styled village created with Blender and 3d Rad (another free game developing software I found). 

But school, work, and life in general put those plans on hold.  I really think there is so much they can do with Animal Crossing that its killing me to see such small improvements with each release.  This one does seem to be pushing the envelope more so than I would've expected but still not as far as I would like.  Hopefully I'll get back to it during the winter break or summer.  If I ever get to the point of getting a working demo up, I'll be sure to post it here and see what  everyone thinks. 

One thing that has me wondering though is that if you play as the mayor of your town, what happens if you have 4 people living in one town?  There can't possibly be 4 mayors in own town.  I hope they allow multiple villages on a single cartridge.  That would be sweet as  it'll bring  back the feature  of visiting other towns through a memory card as in the GC version.  This would allow people to at least visit another town if they don't have internet access to go online. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:22:53 PM by Mannypon »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
I hope if the game supports DLC like what is being reported on, that it is relevant DLC that ads useful features in the future. DLC is not new to the series though, Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii had it as well, even if it is was free.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
Taken from gonintendo. Looks like it will have quite a bit to explore. The game is looking better and better!

- playing as mayor allows you to decorate the village
- add benches or street lamps, among other things
- you'll be accompanied by a secretary
- this character looks like a dog
- seems she's quite clumsy as well
- she'll walk around with a clipboard and point out town areas that look good and bad
- design every aspect of your houses, even the mailbox and fence color
- have furniture redesigned and reupholstered- separate top and bottom outfit designs
- village is now much bigger and has separate sections
- beach area is now bigger and can be accessed by following a path
- swim in the water as well
- cross the railroad tracks and visit what's beyond
- this area offers new shopping spots and a fancy street with model homes
- model homes are empty house designs that are there to inspire your own home decor
- everytime you StreetPass someone, their house will be added to the model home section
- Tom Nook is in charge of the model homes
- villages will also have wishing wells

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
This game just keeps getting better and better.  One thing that I've been questioning and have asked before on this thread (with no possible answers from my fellow members :( ....) is how is the game going to handle multiple people living in the same town.  If your now able to be the mayor, how is that going to work if 4 people live in the same town?  All of them can't possibly be mayor at the same time.  I wonder if one will be the mayor while the others are residents.  I wonder if the townsfolk can hold elections and vote other players in as mayor if your not doing a good enough job.  Maybe they'll only allow one player to live in the town or allow multiple towns per cart where each person lives and is able to visit similar to back during the Gamecube memory card swapping days.  This would allow people who don't go online to at least visit other towns. 
......so many questions still left unanswered and possibly so close to release.  I'm loving it though, it'll create the wonder of discovery the original had if they keep some aspects to the game hush hush. 

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:49 PM »
Maybe it will choose the user Mii/Name associated with the 3DS system automatically or in the initial set up that will determine who gets to be mayor or maybe there will only be one player per cartridge this time. Or like you suggested Mannypon multiple towns per cart where it's all contained to its own save slot.

I think a Summer release would work fine it's not too soon and not too late.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 01:37:24 AM »
I am looking forward to the game. I loved the GCN and Wii ones (never played the DS one) and would love to be able to play a AC game on the go. Being the mayor is interesting.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
Maybe it will choose the user Mii/Name associated with the 3DS system automatically or in the initial set up that will determine who gets to be mayor or maybe there will only be one player per cartridge this time. Or like you suggested Mannypon multiple towns per cart where it's all contained to its own save slot.

Hmm those are all interesting ideas about multiple players/mayors. It says that the village is larger and divided into several parts - maybe each player gets one section to look after?

So what happened to Tortimer? Are you the stand in mayor while he's off on holiday, or something?! Or the Mayor hires you for some town beautification project (or Tom Nook hires you to do his work). Ok, so those details don't really matter, and the news says you become mayor so that doesn't make sense anyways. Whatever the case may be, I'm getting pretty stoked for this game!

The screenshot looks really nice. I guess Tom being in charge of the model homes and real estate mean he will be outside his shop! I like the idea of more customization of everything

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »
Maybe the game actually has you start out in a village where Tortimer is the Mayor and you are his assistant doing certain errands- something of like a tutorial, and then you get sent to a bigger village where you can do things on your own. That would be cool and an interesting way to tie up character roles in the series. I hope Timmy and Tommy are running the shop now- they're so cute!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
Maybe the game actually has you start out in a village where Tortimer is the Mayor and you are his assistant doing certain errands- something of like a tutorial, and then you get sent to a bigger village where you can do things on your own. That would be cool and an interesting way to tie up character roles in the series. I hope Timmy and Tommy are running the shop now- they're so cute!

Would be interesting (and likely is not the case) if you had to run for election and had to go against Tortimer. Who knows though how all of this is going to work, including multiple people living in the village, but I am happy to see the game series evolving, more so then previous iterations have done.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »
I read a CVG preview and they revealed that the Assistant's name is Shizu. Not sure if anyone else has noted it or not, I just thought I'd drop that here. Also in almost every single preview they note that she is "clumsy", what does that mean?  Does she maybe remind you about something and then suggests the wrong answer? [Edit] Or does she just fall down a lot?
Here's the preview if you want to check it out: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333104/previews/animal-crossing-3ds-guilty-pleasure-gaming/

If you did have to run for election I think it would be hilarious if you lost. What would happen? Election Scandal? It sounds funny to me, but I can't see Nintendo writing that into Animal Crossing. I hope there is some back story for the situation and that you're not just handed the Mayoral Reigns like the way you get a farm in Harvest Moon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:15:26 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
When Nintendo announced that they would allow download sales of full retail games to the 3DS, I at first thought that I wouldn't really take advantage of the feature, given my preference for physical goods.

... Then I thought of Animal Crossing 3DS. YES. THIS GAME. PLEASE LET ME BUY THIS GAME AS A DL. I don't want to have to swap cartridges whenever I want to play it, I just want it always available on my 3DS always and ever and always!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.