Author Topic: Mario Kart 7  (Read 36289 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mario 3D Kart
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
I agree that metal should have been an item. I mean, how can Metal Mario even glide...?
Metallic tire treads.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »
Yeah, I mean looks at all the clones in other popular racing games like Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3!

I mean seriously, this is a racing game. Mario is clearly going to handle differently to Metal Mario, so it doesn't matter what they look like. We already have useless characters like Lakitu getting involved so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of characters, especially if they're already scraping the bottom of the barrel for guys like him.

It is true that how they handle is most important in a racing game. But it is nice having completely different characters to race as. Even Dry Bones or Dry Bowser have an awesome unique look to them compared to standard Koopa Troopa and Bowser. Metal Mario is just a big shade of silver which is so boring. And for people like me useless characters like Lakitu who have never been playable before have me jumping for joy. I'd say get rid of Metal and get back Petey, only thing is his head is to darn big to see whats up front!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
Yeah, I mean looks at all the clones in other popular racing games like Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3!

I mean seriously, this is a racing game. Mario is clearly going to handle differently to Metal Mario, so it doesn't matter what they look like. We already have useless characters like Lakitu getting involved so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of characters, especially if they're already scraping the bottom of the barrel for guys like him.

It is true that how they handle is most important in a racing game. But it is nice having completely different characters to race as. Even Dry Bones or Dry Bowser have an awesome unique look to them compared to standard Koopa Troopa and Bowser. Metal Mario is just a big shade of silver which is so boring. And for people like me useless characters like Lakitu who have never been playable before have me jumping for joy. I'd say get rid of Metal and get back Petey, only thing is his head is to darn big to see whats up front!
Mouser and Wart from Super Mario  Bros. 2
That get the Young'ns scratching.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 7
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
Pauline or Wrecking Crew Mario would probably be more obscure in this day.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 08:20:06 AM »
Ceric, I think Wart and Mouser would be great choices.

I kind of wish they'd put in at least some of the Koopalings, though that would mean too many new characters.  My personal favorite was always Lemmy, mostly because the way that he was portrayed in the old SMB3 Valiant comics was kind of funny.

Lakitu was a good choice, but they still could have put in a Hammer Bros, Magikoopa (particularly Kammy),  or even Tatanga. 

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
Pauline is in other more modern games.  The Koopa kids really should have been in for a longtime.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
but they still could have put in a Hammer Bros, Magikoopa (particularly Kammy),  or even Tatanga.
If you're going to request a character, at least spell his name right. ;) It's Kamek. Also, Magikoopa and Kamek are the exact same character, he was just named Kamek in the English translation of Yoshi's Island for an unknown reason. I don't know why the name hasn't been used since.

Hammer Bro seems possible, though. Recently, he's appeared in Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers, and Mario Super Sluggers, whereas Magikoopa has just been in Mario Super Sluggers (although he was a cut character from Mario Kart 64, interestingly). I don't think we'll ever see Tatanga again though... even if it would make some sense, seeing as Daisy shows up in everything.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »
Kamek has been used I'm fairly sure because I've read that name before in game and I haven't played Yoshi's games. 

Looking real quick he's in quite a few games.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about a couple of those references. Still, point being, the Kamek name is an English name, and Magikoopa and Kamek are the same character so it shouldn't matter which name is used.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about a couple of those references. Still, point being, the Kamek name is an English name, and Magikoopa and Kamek are the same character so it shouldn't matter which name is used.
That's like saying all the Ninja Turtles are the same Terrapin.   Magikoopa is just what Kamek is.  He has a backstory and in Japan Character relation is HUGE so, I'm fairly sure he's Kamek over there as well like Mario isn't Jump Man.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
In Japan, they are both known as Kamekku, implying they are one and the same.

http://www.mariowiki.com/kamek#Names_in_Other_Languages

http://www.mariowiki.com/Magikoopa#Names_in_Other_Languages

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »
but they still could have put in a Hammer Bros, Magikoopa (particularly Kammy),  or even Tatanga.
If you're going to request a character, at least spell his name right. ;) It's Kamek. Also, Magikoopa and Kamek are the exact same character, he was just named Kamek in the English translation of Yoshi's Island for an unknown reason. I don't know why the name hasn't been used since.

I was actually thinking of the character from the Paper Mario series (http://www.mariowiki.com/Kammy_Koopa), but Kamek would be the more logical choice.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:17 AM »
Oh, ha ha, I guess I should have looked up to see if there were a character by that name. Sorry about that.

Paper Mario characters are certainly interesting. I don't know of any characters from that series ever appearing outside of it, and that's probably why I wouldn't recognize them. It's kind of like a whole other universe...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 07:18:37 AM »
The Star Spirits from Paper Mario were the hosts in Mario Party 5. Both Dry Dry Desert and Dry Dry Ruins appeared in the Mario Kart games.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
Oh, ha ha, I guess I should have looked up to see if there were a character by that name. Sorry about that.

Paper Mario characters are certainly interesting. I don't know of any characters from that series ever appearing outside of it, and that's probably why I wouldn't recognize them. It's kind of like a whole other universe...

To be fair, I had also thought that Kammy was the Magikoopa featured in Yoshi's Island and NSMB Wii, but I think I had gotten the roles muddled in my head.  That apparently was Kamek. 

It's just been a while since I've played either game. 

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:22 AM »
Played the demo.

Fell asleep. But we'll see, the track they picked was too easy. Game is generic Mario Kart right now. To bad.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
No Lakitu pics yet. but... SHY GUY!  And Metal Mario pictures too.  Oh, and Tanooki tail item.

http://kotaku.com/5847249/mario-kart-7-screens-pull-up-throw-turtle-shells/gallery/1

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »
Shy Guy able to picked at will and Tanookie tail? I'm sold completely now!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com

Offline scraff

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »

Offline DonnyKD

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »
Played the demo.

Fell asleep. But we'll see, the track they picked was too easy. Game is generic Mario Kart right now. To bad.

Apparently it's the game's fault that you decided to play a game sleepy.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 02:10:40 AM »
Played the demo.

Apparently it's the game's fault that you decided to play a game sleepy.

No? Game was wayyy to easy and generic mario cart. Not an exciting level really. But I know there will be better.  I just don't think the additions to MK7 will be nearly as good as the ones to Wii.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »
We all knew someone was going to do it:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:24:09 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
Can't see it. Re-upload it imgur.com.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
Yeah, that's badass. I can see myself buying one of these.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).