Author Topic: E3 2011 Predictions  (Read 56575 times)

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2011 Predictions
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2011, 05:01:38 AM »
LOL, I meant if they made the WII as powerful as the xbox 360. Of course have extra res wouldn't mean much if the system couldn't handle it.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
HD graphics alone would not have made the Wii as powerful as its competitors. Imagine an HD Wii that still has the same problem of friend codes, low RAM, a weak processor, only 512MB of internal storage, and so on. How would everyone here feel about the Wii if it had HD graphics but still was exactly the same in every other respect? If anything adding HD graphics might have made the console even less powerful, because it would have sapped what limited processing ability the hardware had into HD graphics and left even less available for other things.

Although HD would be a nice feature, it is far from the only feature the Wii is in need of, and in my opinion among the things the Wii is lacking HD output ranks pretty low on the list of priorities. I'd rather see the processor and RAM seriously beefed up and I would also like to see an internal HDD provided so that 3rd parties can actually bring multiplatform games without having to water them down and strip stuff out as with COD Black Ops where things like Killcams and certain zombie modes and various other things were stripped out just because the hardware couldn't handle it. Merely being able to display in HD would not solve this problem whatsoever in any way shape or form.
I believe when people say they want a HD Wii, it means a system that's up to par with the 360 or PS3 -- not just by having HD graphics and everything else stay the same.  Sheesh... you people read into things way too literally. :P

On that note, as I've said before. Nintendo has oompa-loompa mounds and mounds of money now because of the Wii. They have the ability to take a bit of a risk if they want to now. I wanna see something from them that blows the PS3 out of the proverbial water. Seriously.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »
But I feel for the odd core gamer who only owns a Wii.  Maybe none exist anymore

Nope. I exist. You're talking about me. :(
And probably me. I'd likely get called such even though I don't like labels. Though technically I'm not Wii-only since I own non-current systems that I occasionally buy games for. There's been plenty on Wii I've enjoyed, and I buy games for an older system when I want something else. Unfortunately I'm a bit of an oddity... with both of those points, so I can understand the complaints.

Nintendo, MS and Sony all throw a party... [snip]
Excellent post, mate. It's funny but true.

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
A 25th anniversary zelda edition 3DS bundle. That comes with Ocarina of time 3DS

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
A 25th anniversary zelda edition 3DS bundle. That comes with Ocarina of time 3DS

Now picture a Triforce on the top cover with the words "25th Anniversary" just below it.

I could see it happening.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2011, 05:49:46 AM »
That would be worth waiting for. Makes me kinda glad I'm waiting a bit to get one.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2011, 01:52:13 AM »
Here are mine in a nutshell:

• Xenoblade and The Last Story will be given North American release dates.
  • Retro Studios will be making a new Star Fox game.
  • The 3DS Mario game will be called Super Mario Galaxy 3DS.
  • Zelda: Skyward Sword WILL meet its Holiday 2011 release date.
  • No word on Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.
  • Pikmin 3 WILL be at the show.
  • Project Cafe won't be given a final name.
  • 3DS price drop and a new color for Holiday 2011.
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 for Cafe.
  • No Pokemon Gray Version.
  • Nintendo will "win" E3.
Now for my "Non-tendo" predictions...

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed III will be announced for this fall.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 will (finally) be announced.
  • The Halo remake will be revealed.
  • The HD remake of Final Fantasy VII will be shown.
  • Microsoft won't bounce back from their showing last year.
  • Sony NGP will have 2 versions: one that's 300 and a "full" 400 dollar version.
  • No console announcement from Sony or Microsoft. (Perhaps just an announcement of the announcement...)
  • A new Capcom fighter will be revealed.
  • Mega Man X9 will be announced.
Bold? Yes. Feel free to agree/disagree with me.  :P:
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2011, 05:26:06 AM »

They won't announce that at E3. If they did it would have a terrible effect on sales between now and when the cut actually occurs, because people would anticipate it and hold off on buying a 3DS until then. That said, I think a price cut will happen for the holidays, but we won't hear a thing about it until just a few days before it actually happens.
is your sanity...

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:06 AM »
Some of these predictions are pretty cute, some are close, others are outrageous. As per usual I will be revealing Nintendo's E3 conference on Pietriots this weekend. I promise this year's will read less like Reggie fan fiction.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »
Here are mine in a nutshell:

• The 3DS Mario game will be called Super Mario Galaxy 3DS.
  • Zelda: Skyward Sword WILL meet its Holiday 2011 release date.   
  • Project Cafe won't be given a final name.   
  • No Pokemon Gray Version.
Now for my "Non-tendo" predictions...
  • The HD remake of Final Fantasy VII will be shown.   
  • Microsoft won't bounce back from their showing last year.   
  • Mega Man X9 will be announced.
Bold? Yes. Feel free to agree/disagree with me.  :P: :
I disagree with the above. 

I think it needs the brand delineation and to hearken to the slightly different portable Mario of Yore. (Coin picking up Fireball anyone?)
I've just accepted that Zelda: Forever is never coming out. 
A name is the only thing I be guaranteeing we'll get for Cafe.
We won't get a 3DS price drop so soon.  This would set a bad precedence and we did not see it with the less successful at this time DS.  You don't want people thinking when the New Console comes out that within a year they'll be a price drop.  This is how you get people to forever put off adoption.  I know I've done it with different Tech.  Though we will see new colors earlier I believe.
Pokemon Gray I think will be coming and coming for the 3DS. (Like I'm fairly sure one of the originals where for the GBC, Yellow I think.)

I think Square knows that FFVII is worth more to them as a Cock-Tease.  Though I wouldn't mind the battle system coming back.
I don't think MS will have a bad E3 but, Sony I think will.
I don't see another direct entry  into the X game series but, I do see a new Megaman game that is very much in the same spirit as what they  did going from Megaman to X.

The rest I can get behind.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »
It's way too early for Retro Studios to announce their newest game. DKCR was announced three years after Metroid Prime 3.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
Oh man, I'd love a Retro produced Starfox.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
I think Treasure should do StarFox
whoever did the last F-Zero should do F-Zero (Sega dev)

Retro should work on something else. I'm sure they can find another franchise to revive that would suit them better. I keep hearing that StarTropics would be a good fit, but I've never played that game and I don't know what it's all about, so I can't say one way or another.

I stil haven't played through MP3 yet, but an HD Metroid from Retro could be a good thing.
Only let them run wild this time. 1st person, 3rd person, side view, 2.5D. Throw it all in there.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
I think Treasure should do StarFox
whoever did the last F-Zero should do F-Zero (Sega dev)

Retro should work on something else. I'm sure they can find another franchise to revive that would suit them better. I keep hearing that StarTropics would be a good fit, but I've never played that game and I don't know what it's all about, so I can't say one way or another.

I stil haven't played through MP3 yet, but an HD Metroid from Retro could be a good thing.
Only let them run wild this time. 1st person, 3rd person, side view, 2.5D. Throw it all in there.
You haved played MP3 yet... a shame.
A Japanese Dev has to do StarTropic.  Everything I've ever read about it is a lot of its charm is trying to make something American from a team of people who are decidedly not.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
Well... I'm was stuck the boss of MP1 and somewhere near the end of MP2, so I never felt that I deserved to start MP3 until I atleast see the final boss of MP2.

but since that is on the GC and I haven't forgotten most things about it by now, I guess I could start MP3 and/or M: Other M just to say that I have infact played them... since i own them both.
and since I actually own the MP Trilogy, I could play all 3 from the start to refresh my memory, but who has time for that? I'm too busy scouring the internet for rumors to post pre-E3 so that the HYPE train ahas plenty of fuel to carry us all to the land of disappointment hopes & dreams!!!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »
Somehow Dixie Kong will appear at this years E3, either a new DK for Cafe or in a new Smash for Cafe. This avatar does not go down until I get some Dixie Kong action!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
Somehow Dixie Kong will appear at this years E3, either a new DK for Cafe or in a new Smash for Cafe. This avatar does not go down until I get some Dixie Kong action!
The Funhouse thread almost writes and fills itself.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
How about some Candy Kong action? At least she is over 18 (I think).
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
Banana Republic Pictures Presents

Dixie & Candy Kong in
Donkey Kongdom XL
A Grindhouse Production
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:19:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
LOL

Reminds me of Dave Chappelle

"Do you know how strong a monkey is? It'll snap your dick off like a celery stalk, throw it into tall grass and it'll never be seen again."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:36:22 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
Well... I'm was stuck the boss of MP1 and somewhere near the end of MP2, so I never felt that I deserved to start MP3 until I atleast see the final boss of MP2.
Just watch a speedrun of the game.  It'll still give you the final boss and the ending as well.  I could not beat the final boss for some reason on MP2 and went with this route.  I felt perfectly fine playing MP3 afterwards. :)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
Just watch a speedrun of the game.  It'll still give you the final boss and the ending as well.  I could not beat the final boss for some reason on MP2 and went with this route.  I felt perfectly fine playing MP3 afterwards. :)
I'm fairly sure I beat MP2.  Though the most I remember from it is some flashback like scenes and hating switching between worlds eventually.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »
Well, I have heard one good announcement from E3 so far. I'm going. yay
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »

You are going to physically be at E3?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2011, 01:11:59 AM »

You are going to physically be at E3?

Yesh. I'm working at Gazillion Entertainment,  they got me a pass :)
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.