Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 611971 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1400 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »
Can't wait to hear how everyone else pisses on it. I wasn't too excited at the first 2 trailers but this looks and sounds great! Finally got exactly what I wanted in a Zelda game, a brand new way to explore in flight!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 07, 2011, 02:51:43 PM »
I wonder if we'll get a horse and boat again (even if the boat is just for fishing).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
I thought I saw a horse and boat... maybe I day dreamed.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »
I'd find out but the damn press kit won't download!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »
I downloaded some of the press kit. I can't extract it though. I tried it on both PC and Mac. Yes, I have programs that extract zip files. Boo-urns.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 07, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »
Like one big dungeon?  So they really did make it more like Metroid?

I do like having non-dungeon areas as well but if they can break the usual formula and do something a little different that would be cool.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 07, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4BHmFDBzMk

Trailer. Didn't notice the end and some of the bosses. Looks amazing.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 07, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
Hey, I be very interested if its not as  barren as  the other 3D Zeldas.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
http://gametrailer.de/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715120

Zelda Montage trailer with EPIC orchestra giving me goosebumps every 10 seconds.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
I abstained from watching the videos as I don't want to get myself hyped just yet. From what I see in this thread though, it sounds pretty awesome. Looking forward to it.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 08, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
I'm digging the environments this time around. TP just played it so safe in terms of non whimsicle places to visit. These areas are by no means at a galaxy level but it is something different. I wish the majority of the clouds didn't look like toxic polution clouds but that could just be from the time of day, it still is refreshing to see Link above them.

The typical rocky mountain land has an interesting look as well with the big old tree growing through everything. And 2 of these dungeon like areas have really colorfull locations that I really wanted to see in TP. It was just too earthy for me in that game, the pure earth tones are here as well but at least there is an example of instant bright change. Seeing the lava boss in that area looks a bit fresher than usual as well.

And that little thing with a bulbusaur/ivysaur back side appears to be the new Oocoo. Not creepy at all, this guy I wont mind seeing throughout the game. Look for plushes of that thing to turn up at every anime convention next year.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 09, 2011, 01:25:30 AM »
i forgtt caterkiller lives in LA lol, and gets into e3 because he is a Ninja
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 09, 2011, 01:48:28 AM »
Yeah I do, but i'm only describing what I see in the trailer. The studio I worked on Star Wars and Dragon Age with told me to call them monday or tuesday about a possible ticket, I waited way too long. By tuesday morning I had so much fun in the chat with NWR guys I was too lazy to attempt to get my ticket. Chances are I would have been left out anyway, next year for sure.  Though I was looking forward to using my secret haunted parking spot.

http://gametrailer.de/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715120

Look for E3 2011 Live Demo, can't link directly for some reason.

Of course you'll be looking for dungeons and be expecting to be finding items in dungeons, but this entire game is practically a dungeon... Just to get to the dungeon is a practically dungeon in and of itself. There are puzzels everywhere within the dungeouns without the dungeons... Every aspect of this game is sort of infused with puzzleness... The structure of dungeons is very different, you'll find yourself coming back into a dungeon that you were in previously...

Listen to this guy talk about Zelda! He also addresses stupid treasure chests with nothing but rupies.

BlackNMild, this guy confirms Sky Loft, who came up with that rumor and what else did they say? Maybe they know of other things that just werent shown at E3?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:23:14 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 09, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Miyamoto thinks the Zelda Wii U will be difficult.

However it is safe to say Nintendo is working on a Zelda title for the new console.  Zelda Informer quote Shigeru Miyamoto discussing the difficulties he faces in making a Zelda title for the Wii U.  In the News Corp interview he rather simply states that it will be more difficult to make and not elaborating any more on why.

My paste button isnt working but its at www.n-europe.com

My belief is that if Skyward Sword goes over well and it most likely will, he wont know if he should support buttons and the pad, or motion plus and sword fighting strategies. I think it should be multiplayer, and the tablet controls some kind of fairy that can fly around and do stuff. I da know.

RomanceDawn

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 10, 2011, 02:29:53 AM »
Watching video feed of the game on Gametrailers, one thing really stuck out to me: man, Link's sword animations are terrible.  I remember reading a lot of complaints about this in last year's E3 demo, but I thought they'd be fixed by now.  Watching footage, when he swings his sword only his sword arm seems to move and it moves extremely jerkily when slashing, leading to a very unnatural swinging motion.  Is anyone else bothered by this?  I find it really distracting.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:56 AM »
I really like Zelda's design, it is lovabley innocent.
I keep seeing this GIF of the bad guys tongue sticking out but I can't find the video.  Is there a video of it somewhere?

"Ian Sane's dupe account" has to be the most appropriate title I've ever seen

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 10, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »
Miyamoto:
If this wasn't the best Zelda ever, then maybe we'd be done making Zelda games.

He laughs while saying but still he said it.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15722

Cool footage as well of things we havn't seen.

RomanceDawn

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »
Watching video feed of the game on Gametrailers, one thing really stuck out to me: man, Link's sword animations are terrible.  I remember reading a lot of complaints about this in last year's E3 demo, but I thought they'd be fixed by now.  Watching footage, when he swings his sword only his sword arm seems to move and it moves extremely jerkily when slashing, leading to a very unnatural swinging motion.  Is anyone else bothered by this?  I find it really distracting.

No I am not bothered, I didn't even notice it, nor really care.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 11, 2011, 02:29:22 AM »
Wonder how many people are going play this on the WII or wait for it in HD on the WII U?

Kinda sitting on the fence on this one myself.  My aunt wants an WII for her kids so I might just give mine up.  I would have to wait a year but at least I'll have an good reason to buy the U. 

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 11, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
Wonder how many people are going play this on the WII or wait for it in HD on the WII U?

Kinda sitting on the fence on this one myself.  My aunt wants an WII for her kids so I might just give mine up.  I would have to wait a year but at least I'll have an good reason to buy the U.

I'm not convinced at the moment that Nintendo will make 2 versions.  Unless their Wii U launch lineup is pretty pathetic, I think they would view a dual-release as confusing.  This is a game heavily leveraged on Wii MotionPlus motion control, so there really wouldn't be a benefit to having a version with tablet controls for the new controller.  They'd have to redesign the game's puzzles and combat to incorporate traditional controls for the tablet controller, and at that point why bother?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 11, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
This game will be out at least 6-8 months before the WU,  so I wouldn't count on an HD update at all. Well especially since they said over and over this game will only come out for Wii.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
It wasn't until this latest trailer that I actually started getting excited for this game.

I'm LOVING the art style, and Zelda's new look!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 12, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
I forgot to mention I saw one enemy afraid of a bomb. Some of us were discussing that realism that was in the WW, well I'm certain I saw it in one of the many videos floating around.

RomanceDawn

Offline EternalRain

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 12, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
wow, im really excited for the new zelda since it reminds me alot of ocarina of time/majoras mask, i guess its finally time to buy a wii :D
I make life decisions on the toilet :3

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »
I really thought the motion controls didn't help the game. They were frustrating, added difficulty and just did stuff you wouldn't expect.

It didn't help that the boss they made lasted way too long, was ugly, did nothing "cool" and seemed out of character for Zelda. Felt like a turn based, slow paced, predictable, boss fight that TOLD ME when I could do damage. Seriously, when he would jump away, I clearly hit him, but they was like, nope, thats a dash. 

The "dungeon" they made was not very interesting. Lots of a dead ends which ended up with constant, tedious use of the Beetle. It was allll one room >.< with uninspired little caves around the edges filled with rupees.  Sucked 'cause you'd burn 1 minute looking through each cave only to get 20 rupees. 

It was the e3 disappointment for me. Even though the booth babes said I was beating everything way faster than other people, I still felt the enemies needed more tweaking and should have been easier. For example, those directional flowers shield themselves wayyy to much, I spend 30 seconds+ trying to kill one before I learned my lesson and just ignored them.  It was another case of thinking it'll hit and work, but the bastard dodges/blocks your **** anyway.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.