Author Topic: Wii Fimrware Upgraded to Version 3.0  (Read 7071 times)

Offline trip1eX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Firmware Upgraded to Version 3.0
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »
Nintendo needs to use the news interface for the Shop Channel.  Man that interface is way nicer all around.  Plus they could something graphically with the globe and game systems and games.

Why is the weather not updating to be current?  KInda worthless.

Why isn't the news channel updated more often?  They also could use another source for articles besides AP.  Otherwise the news channel interface rocks.

I used my Apple usb keyboard with no problem in the memo/addressbook section.  Of course there should be an option to get rid of the onscreen keyboard when using a real keyboard so you have more real estate for the text.

Anyway nice little update.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Firmware Upgraded to Version 3.0
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 05:54:48 AM »

Originally posted by: Nemo

Originally posted by: PartyBear

Originally posted by: Nemo
After updating it, I can't seem to get online with my Wii anymore. I'll have to look into it more after work, though.

If you have more than one network connection set up, the Wii resets back to connection 1 after an update.  If you're like me and used the USB dongle for a while before getting a wireless router, that might be your problem.

That was it. Thanks PartyBear!

hm im still having trouble connecting online. i never had a problem after any of the other updates either. i'll be honest im not that smart when it comes to network issues or the like, it took me hours to set up my wii because it wouldnt auto obtain the IP so i had to figure out what my IP was and give it a new one... then i realized i made a small mistake when i wrote down my DNS number (my computer is too far from me wii so i wrote down all the information i think i would of needed on paper) that was preventing me from actually going online.

anywho i keep getting two error messages; one says to power cycle thru my modem and router, which if done countless times with no luck. the second says to try a different network cable. I wish it were that easy. i have 100ft of cable from my router to where the wii is, and unhooking my wii just to bring it to the tv in this room is way too much of a hassle because of the way my tv is set up as well as the one in here. so im  stuck offline for awhile, and this sucks.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 07:30:13 AM »
Apple keyboard hate FTL wow. I never had a problem with my keyboard getting worn out. in fact I just cleaned it the other day and it's pretty much as good as new. On the flip side I hate the new keyboards that resemble the laptop keyboard. I just don't like em.

Offline Klapaucius

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 07:38:41 PM »

Haha. Serves Datel right, IMO, for creating a way to bypass the release dates for consumers. I suspect Datel will just make a new Freeloader, if they havn't already, and maybe replace it for a small charge to people who bought the old version. Hey, maybe Datel wanted this so they could make more money. Not too far a stretch.