Author Topic: RFN at E3 2013: Nintendo Direct Reactions and Cloudberry Kingdom Interview  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile

This isn't even all the content we recorded on Day 1 of the show.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/34598

Note: AAC link is broken, and we're working on that. The subscription feeds will be updated soon, too. We wanted to at least get the MP3 version out for you as soon as possible. PLEASE UNDERSTAND

To kick off RFN's coverage of E3 2013, we experimented with Nintendo's new format by turning on a recorder while most of the NWR crew jammed into a hotel room to watch a Nintendo Direct at 7am. Things did not go well. Even if you're completely satisfied with the content (most of us were not), the viewing experience was abysmal. Still, we kept up our commentary the whole time, and now you can hear what it's like being Nintendo-centric media at E3, shut out of even the most biggest announcements as they happen. Thrilling!

Also included in this episode is a brief interview with Pwnee Studios from the show floor. They're the guys making Cloudberry Kingdom, which is coming out soon on Wii U eShop (and other platforms, thanks to Ubisoft). Learn about why this 2D platformer is so different from others you may have played.

There's much, much more RFN coming soon from at the show and back home, as well.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Great job as always guys. You captured the world'd frustration with the Nintendo Direct perfectly. I also enjoyed the Cloudberry Kingdom interview. I can't wait to play that game.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
The content of the ND was not the best, but it was pretty good. As for the streaming problems, I didn't encounter them since I didn't watch it live (I watched it when Nintendo uploaded it to their YouTube channel).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I love that this immortalizes the way all of us who (tried to) watch it live felt.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline zeeroid

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I can only hope this experience teaches Nintendo once and for all that they need to ditch USTREAM. So shitty.
Literally rewatched the entire 40 minutes immediately after it ended, on youtube. In fact, I might just skip the livestream in the future, and wait for Youtube instead.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:12:43 PM by zeeroid »