Author Topic: If You could put something in Zelda 05, what would you?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline AennilQ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
If You could put something in Zelda 05, what would you?
« on: March 27, 2005, 04:25:31 AM »
If you could put any feature you wanted in the new zelda game, what would it be? Ex. Destructible enviroments, Co op, Multiple playable characters... Something you wish would be included, to make the perfect game.
Yeh its me. Dont get all excited.

Offline AennilQ

• View Profile
RE: If You could put something in Zelda 05, what would you?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 04:29:34 AM »
VOICE OVERS!!!!!!!  Since there was also the shots of the enimes going over the orange hill in the first trailer, maybe "Minas tirith" Esque battle sequences that have you on the wall of the castle town, shooting down enimies with your arrows, running back and forth across the wall... Protecting the town from the approaching horde.... battle sequences... Too bad nintendo will never go for it...
Yeh its me. Dont get all excited.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 04:52:54 AM »
Voice overs suck.  
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »
Voice overs are great, they help the atmosphere and can express things written text cannot (one that comes to mind is more subtle sarcasm). The way a character talks already says a lot about them. Also, hearing what they say means you don't have to take your eyes off the action.

What I'd like to see is proper combat. I mean, in Windwaker you pretty much never needed to block or dodge, you could just mash 'em into oblivion (somethmes you needed to press A, though).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 05:52:15 AM »
We *do* have a Zelda topic right above this...

(Voiceovers should be kept OUT, unless Ninty can get some very good ones or you can turn them off)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 05:56:38 AM »
KDR, I agree. More strategic and harder battles, is  a must, if Zelda is going to get any harder. Battles should be "mini-dungeons" in a way. You should have to figure out what item is best to be used, as well as the proper time to attack, dodge, block and such. AI should be more adapting and more random though, making them harder and more fierce. They all around shouldn't be so predictable. When I'm faced with 4 or more enemies, I want to feel like death is definitely possible.

With harder battles, comes tatics upgrades, and items to help the player along. They could have a move upgrade, such as a special parrying, and a magic upgrade akin to Naru's (sp) flame. Plus, these items or upgrades can be recieved through trade quests and such, making more side-quests/mini-games more than just a rupee GET.

Not to mention, it would slow down the coasting through dungeons, giving you a sense that dungeons are more than a brain tease. Instead of easily going from puzzle to puzzle, you would go from puzzle, to fierce battle, to fierce battle, to puzzle. While not making the dungeon longer, it will feel longer.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 06:23:42 AM »

We *do* have a Zelda topic right above this...

And I believe most people have already gone over this dream game stuff.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers