Author Topic: Revolution slogins  (Read 9930 times)

Offline Koopa Troopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Revolution slogins
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »
Damn it, Nemo. It's "Slogan," slogin isn't even a word. Every time I see it I wonder what an "S" Login is.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Revolution slogins
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2004, 06:04:19 PM »
grammar is for people who aren't lazy
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2004, 07:01:55 PM »
We have pr0n games!  Buy them!  Or the Seattle Mariners will beat you with their bats.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2004, 08:06:42 PM »
"The reason I want to get rid of the dpad is because there are many left handed and handicaped gamers out there who would benefit having face buttons on both sides. Of course people who have a handicap may find the more face buttons there are the better. More face buttons benefits them most since they may not be able to play games that keep their buttons on the shoulders of the controllers. I would like Nintendo to be the first controller and console maker to step up and say, they aren't going continue the descrimination that the entire industry endorses."

That's a nice thought in theory.  But even though it sounds kind of selfish I would rather not compromise the controller design.  I think it would be better to keep the d-pad and design the controller assuming people will be right handed or comfortable with the traditional design and then sell reversed left-handed controllers online for those that want it.  That way no one is stuck trying to use face buttons for directional input.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004, 12:05:23 AM »
It would be cheaper to just have one standard controller produced.  The only type of alternative controller I might be interested in is one with a ten foot cord (if wireless is standard).  I don't care for batteries.

Imagine an ad in a mag with a white background and a white controller with black and grey buttons and black text that says, "Touching is good.  Feel the Revolution." There would be no cords so the point that it is wireless is gotten across.  

here are some more slogAns

"touch the revolution, feel the freedom"

"touching is free, you want to feel free don't you?  so feel free, touch the revolution"

"the revolution is free, you want to feel free don't you?  so touch it, go ahead, feels nice to be free doesn't it."

"you want to feel free?  feel the revolution"

"touch the revolution, feel free"

"touch the freedom, feel the revolution"

"do you feel it?  the revolution is free.  touch the freedom.  feel the revolution."

"freedom is revolution"

"touch it, feel it, freedom is revolution"

"feel free, touch the revolution"

"feel the freedom, touch the revolution"

"feel the revolution"

"feel the revolution, feel the freedom"

"feel the revolution, touch the freedom"

"freedom is free, feel it, the revolution is in your hands"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2004, 08:44:24 AM »
Lefties don't need a special controller. They adapt to being able to use any hand for directional control, like everybody else.

Offline GeneralTraag

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 02:28:06 PM »
Nemo, those are some good slogans you have thought of. Here are a few of my ideas for slogans.

"Nintendo plus Revolution equals the Nintendolution."

"Gamers of the world unite, the Revolution is here."

"Are you ready for the Revolution?"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »
"Nintendo plus Revolution equals the Nintendolution."

"Nintendo offers the Final Solution to all your gaming problems!"

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 07:30:18 AM »
Some of these are pretty good, but a slogan has to be short and sweet - otherwise they will be ignored.
I think "the Revolution is here" in that whisper Nintendo likes to do would be a great slogan.  Until we can confirm the system's name, the best slogan can't be made.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2004, 04:04:29 PM »
"touch the revolution, feel the freedom"

"touching is free, you want to feel free don't you? so feel free, touch the revolution"

"the revolution is free, you want to feel free don't you? so touch it, go ahead, feels nice to be free doesn't it."

All these sound like ads for the DS. : )

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 07:25:52 PM »
I still like my idea for an N5 commercial.  BUT NO.

Some of those are good.  I like "Between 6 and 4, there is a 5" because it makes absolutely no sense.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 06:28:22 AM »
"Nintendo offers the Final Solution to all your gaming problems!"

Isn't "final solution" what the Nazis called the Holocaust?  That's not exactly the sort of publicity you want to have.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2004, 11:16:29 PM »
Yes, thank you, Captain Obvious . I just thought "Nintendolution" sounded too much like "Solution"...

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 12:27:42 AM »
Paradigm shift, quotable in a comical, inside joke way.  I like it.  You don't hear people say some off the wall stuff like that but once or twice a year.  I feel we may be seeing paradigm puns and allusions until at least E3 in conversations.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 04:00:03 AM »
Paradigm puns? What can you pun paradigm with?
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 07:57:18 PM »
one could make an allusion to the coment by saying someone or something has suffered a paradigm shift

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2005, 07:29:14 AM »
"He's been shifted into imaginary space!" "Damn! Sister, bring me the 400er quaternions!"

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2005, 06:42:41 PM »
Imagine a black and white commercial with footage from the fifties of people doing the twist or some other revolving dance to modern music.  Then have a slogan or voice over about the Revolution.

The rummored slogan is now Touching is good, feeling is better.  I'm a prophet or have suffered intellectual theft.  There is a saying, "You have not made it until you have been stolen from."  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 08:47:31 PM »
Could use Public Enemy songs as well.

The Revolution will be televised.

I still like the commercial I spoke about a while back...with the Rage song.  I'll just make it myself.  Nintendo should just have contests for the best commercials fans submit, and then use them.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2005, 07:31:34 AM »
Beatles eh?

Jai Guru Deva ohm
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2005, 08:03:16 AM »
"The Revolution comes. Will you join it or the wall?"
"We are the Revolution. Resistance is futile. You will be amazed."
"It is time for gamers to stand up to their corporate overlords and demand what they have always been denied: Innovation!"
"Take the world back from EA! Join the Revolution now!" (now that would be nasty and not bode well for their relationship...)
"It is a revolution of the mind. Feel the freedom. Nintendo."
"The world revolves around you. Feel it."
"Counterrevolutionaries will not be tolerated! EA Games." (sorry, had to do that)
"You were playing with power, now use it!"
"Don't try to bend the spoon for that is impossible. You must bend the Revolution around the spoon!"
"Being trapped in a virtual world really sucks. Break free. Revolution."
"Don't be like your friends, be yourself."

Yeah, might be a few dupes in there but I didn't want to search through the whole thread.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2005, 02:51:14 PM »
I haven't been following this at all, but I heard the Beatles mentioned and stuff.  Woah, ummm

I think Nintendo should stick with the "Revolution" idea, even if the final name is completely different.  If they're confident enough that it is truly going to be a revolution, then I think they could use some taglines and put some "commercials" up on the internet (you know, like if you go to gamespot.com you sometimes get lenghty animated ads before the homepage, or if you go to ign they're.....well, you can't miss 'em).

It could start off with like the Beatles playing, and then they show some popular retro game to catch the viewer's attention (mayhaps in a faded style like in the old "Hiding under your table will save your life in a nuclear attack" videos), and then they could switch to some newer, umm, (hardcore?) music and some shots of the Revolution in action (mayhaps the remake of the retro game shown in the begining) and some slogan like "Join the Revolution."

The only (well, the biggest >_>) probelm I see here is that it could potentially turn off alot of older gamers who don't want the beloved classics to undergo a "revolution."  Oh, and my ad idea sucks.  I just like the use of lots of internet ads and some Revolution tags :hurrah:
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 08:23:28 AM »
Perhaps rename it to Revolver?