Author Topic: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread  (Read 187729 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2020, 12:43:33 AM »
You in Alameda county?
Or SoCal?

I forget.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2020, 12:41:20 PM »
You in Alameda county?
Or SoCal?

I forget.

Alameda County, Oakland specifically.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2020, 01:01:33 PM »
America's **** Show 2020 continues after a this message from our sponsor.

Corona Time, kids edition vol. 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-cases-lead-over-800-quarantine-georgia-school-district-where-n1236364

Just one week after schools reopened in a northern Georgia school district, more than 800 of its students and staff have been told to quarantine.

Last week, the Cherokee County School District, about 44 miles north of Atlanta, told 20 people to quarantine when one 2nd-grader tested positive for the virus after the first day of school. That number grew fast, and as of Monday night, the school has ordered 826 students to quarantine due to possible exposure, according to a list the district created.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said in a press conference Monday that he is happy with school reopenings across the state.

“I think quite honestly this week went real well other than a couple of" viral photos, the governor said.

Just make mask a part of the damn dress code and we avoid most of these problems.....
It's already become a kind of fashion statement.... Sell some school branded ones as a fund raiser.
make a contest for best face mask to make it fun..... why is this so difficult?

Do we really need to have these kids mourn the needless loss of a classmate and/or faculty member because some adults have picked mask as a moral high ground to literally die on?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:10:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2020, 03:53:57 PM »
The difficulty is that folks who are pushing to reopen schools are not the same people who are cool with "forcing" masks on people.  There's this political machismo that makes some people thing that forced normalcy will just work out despite all the evidence to the contrary.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
On the bright side cases in my area are trending downwards again (Washington State). I don't like our governor for a number of other reasons (primarily his stance on traffic and taxes) but his virus response seems to be one of the better ones thankfully.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »
Georgia still at it..... Corona Time, Kids Edition Vol 2 part 2

https://www.businessinsider.com/georgia-school-district-closes-second-high-school-over-covid-outbreak-2020-8

Same county as before.... 2nd school shut down with mandatory 2 week quarantine..... all partially because they won't just make wearing a mask part of the damn mandatory dress code.

They plan to re-open in person classes Aug 31st... :facepalm:

The commitment to stubborn stupidity on display is just so beyond my level of comprehension.
The schools bitch about the budget, but I have to assume that constantly having to close the school, and the potential for the school district itself to be sued, is going to be very fucking expensive.
Providing the school with medical grade mask (which are pretty cheap) and some hand sanitizer kiosk in every classroom has to be a cheaper upfront cost in the long run....
(although distance learning may have been the smarter option, at least through the end of the calendar year)

and all of this after knowing that kid cases and hospitalizations are on the rise. How are these kids supposed to self-quarantine when lots of them need their parents to watch them?

not to mention this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/us-reports-highest-number-of-covid-19-deaths-in-one-day-since-mid-may/2020/08/12/4cafe146-dcae-11ea-8051-d5f887d73381_story.html

As the United States reported its highest number of deaths from the novel coronavirus in a single day since mid-May, President Trump on Wednesday continued to press for the nation’s schools to bring children into classrooms, for businesses to open and for athletes to fill stadiums.

“We’ve got to open up our schools and open up our businesses,” Trump said at an evening news conference at the White House, adding that he wanted to see a college football season this fall. “Let them play,” he said.

[..............]

On Wednesday, the country reported its highest number of deaths in a single day since mid-May, at nearly 1,500. The country has now seen its seven-day average of newly reported deaths remain above 1,000 for 17 consecutive days.

College sports have been shut down for the season since it's apparently not safe to gather these kids in such close physical quarters OUTDOORS.
America is reporting a 9/11 amount of American death every 2-3 days for over over the last 2 weeks, and climbing.
and the people in charge just don't seem to give a **** about anyone or anything except the appearance of normalcy and the fucking economy, all due to re-election purposes.

I just seriously hope that going forward, people realize how important it is to express your rights towards representation, starting at the local level, but also on the national one as well. please VOTE.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »
America's **** Show 2020 continues after a this message from our sponsor.

Corona Time, kids edition vol. 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-cases-lead-over-800-quarantine-georgia-school-district-where-n1236364

Just one week after schools reopened in a northern Georgia school district, more than 800 of its students and staff have been told to quarantine.

Last week, the Cherokee County School District, about 44 miles north of Atlanta, told 20 people to quarantine when one 2nd-grader tested positive for the virus after the first day of school. That number grew fast, and as of Monday night, the school has ordered 826 students to quarantine due to possible exposure, according to a list the district created.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said in a press conference Monday that he is happy with school reopenings across the state.

“I think quite honestly this week went real well other than a couple of" viral photos, the governor said.

Just make mask a part of the damn dress code and we avoid most of these problems.....
It's already become a kind of fashion statement.... Sell some school branded ones as a fund raiser.
make a contest for best face mask to make it fun..... why is this so difficult?

Do we really need to have these kids mourn the needless loss of a classmate and/or faculty member because some adults have picked mask as a moral high ground to literally die on?

I'm gonna have to get off this carousel of stupid....
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-high-school-viral-hallway-photo-reopens-again-after-35-students-teachers-catch-covid-1524871

They really just don't give a ****. I have to check out on this, as there is literally nothing I can do, and it's just gonna continue to frustrate me.
we all gonna look back on this once it's all over..... and hopefully everyone is ashamed. I hope some people in charge face criminal negligence cases of some sort. crippling fines and jail time need to be handed out like halloween candy. it's just beyond ridiculous.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2020, 08:53:22 PM »
crippling fines and jail time need to be handed out like halloween candy.
Speaking of, is anyone planning to give out candy on Halloween? Things like candy apples are obviously out. However, I feel weird about handing out wrapped candy and more importantly, people ringing my doorbell and being within arm’s length which is decidedly not six feet. I guess I could leave bowl outside? The whole thing sounds like a bad idea this year.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2020, 11:28:42 PM »
Not sure what will happen there but it seems candy manufacturer's are angling for people buying more for families to get their own and do personal consumption. The Daily Show did a little news bit about it here:

Be like BnM and skip to the 3:10 mark for relevancy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 03:32:14 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
No one ever came to our place when it was an apartment or our new home in a tucked away cul-de-sac (well, we got one guest for our first Halloween in a house...). So this is probably a dilemma for all the fancy neighborhoods everyone drives their kids to to get the best candy. There has already been a push in some of my circles to go to local town/church/festival events for Halloween, and it felt like the old fashioned door-to-door method was dying out for the average person. I could see some of these communities that are popular for the crowds banding together and coming up with something that works with distancing, but then some communities will clearly disregard all guidelines and just do it normally. At least with costumes you can easily find clever ways to add face masks to them.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 27, 2020, 02:57:51 PM »
Won't someone PLEASE think of the got damn children.....

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/513962-university-of-alabama-ordered-faculty-to-keep-quiet-about-covid

basically, an email was sent out to faculty to not just not disclose the identity of an infected student to the rest of the school, but to not tell anyone at all that someone tested positive....

because I guess if you don't test, then there wouldn't be any additional cases!? SMFH :facepalm:

I see a lawsuit incoming. neglectful and purposeful endangerment or something.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2020, 08:33:22 PM »
On the one hand, if a student in a class tests positive, it may end up being obvious who it was even though the professor didn't name them, and the kids do have some right to privacy.  On the other hand, this is counter-intuitive to the concept of "contact tracing", which is pretty important.

There's also the notion of students flooding any on-site testing centers when maybe the exposure was limited.  If you're six feet away, and you're both wearing masks, the logic has been that exposure risk is minimal, so I understand the university's logic there considering they may have limited testing capacity.  This is a tricky situation for the school, and I don't think most things a school with an active campus does will look good.  The kids aren't fully controllable and are likely getting exposed at bars, house parties, and the dorms.  And being that age and having been cooped up all summer, I think it's hard to blame them.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »
California got new guidelines on re-opening
https://deadline.com/2020/09/california-coronavirus-governor-gavin-newsom-reopening-guidelines-confusion-1234572869/

and Iowa is refusing to follow suggested safety guidelines, even after significant rising cases and College students requesting more testing....
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/09/iowa-coronavirus-cases-bars-masks-stay-open

Good Luck Iowans..... stay safe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2020, 01:34:45 AM »
ANd a new report on our favorite kind of Corona, Coronavirus!!!!

oh and it's affects or related effects on children...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid19-kids-half-million-test-positive-united-states-cases/

Summay: Over 500k cases in kids.
rarely is a kids case fatal, but they are very good at spreading it to adults where is likely to be much more fatal.
BUT..... there is rare but, related disease that seems to be piggy backing this COVID outbreak in children that happens to be fatal.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control has issued new data about a deadly and mysterious pediatric illness with apparent links to the coronavirus. Since mid-May, the CDC has been following an outbreak of Multisystem Inflammatory Illness in Children (MIS-C), which is also or sometimes referred to as PMIS.

The CDC describes it as "a rare but serious condition associated with COVID-19" that sometimes presents after a COVID illness or after contact with someone with COVID-19. Instead of attacking the lungs like the new coronavirus disease does in adults, this syndrome, while seemingly very rare, can trigger serious, even deadly cardiac complications in kids.

So be careful out there. Watch your children, and your loved ones and yourselves.
Don't let a single "social" event in 2020 affect your possible future or lack there of one.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2020, 12:37:31 PM »
My wife's grandma has Covid. She's in another country and turns out most of the family there are either deniers of the risk or using that as a veil to avoid spending money to help her. We've footed most of the bill until one of grandma's sons felt "offended" that we were not asking him (we did) or including him in the process (we tried). We sent money for the cousins to take her and while waiting for a Covid test before she was admitted an aunt showed up drunk and created a scene in the hospital. What a mess. This family basically follows the person who is the most belligerent and loud. Its so dysfunctional.

This is the woman who raised my wife from birth to age 12, so this is very hard for her and she can't fly down there due to quarantine. So she's basically losing her real mother.

Was going to rant more, but have decided against it. Lets just say we have already come to terms that she may die and I suspect the aunts/uncles down there may want her to pass because they are horrible greedy selfish people who would rather inherit her very humble home than put in the effort to keep her alive.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2020, 12:41:16 AM »
When not trying to cause a panic, goes wrong. (and causes something far worse)
Or when "Not lying" to the public, somehow becomes retroactively altering the facts to fit the narrative?

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1304611043428139011?s=20

But you know, if just ignore the facts, and pretend like nothing is happening, eventually, everything will suddenly just go away and be normal again.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1304615538669297664?s=20

https://twitter.com/jallepap/status/1304616525907849216?s=20

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »
[...]

Sending good vibes Stratos, everything fucking sucks.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »
Welp, Hope Hicks, President & FLOTUS, and the RNC chair have now all been confirmed to have COVID-19.  The internet has handled this about as well as you can expect. 

It does kind of feel like a "you played with fire, no wonder you got burnt" moment though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2020, 11:40:33 AM »
Since it was brought up, and since this likely started with Hope Hicks.... I think Obama may have said it best:
https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/1311961928961466369?s=20

Jokes aside....
Not only did he know he was heavily exposed to a person that tested positive on Wed, but that same day he held an event in Minnesota where he threw his hat to the crowd and claimed "whatever we have, we have it together"

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1312011953439756288?s=20

That alone should lead to some sort of liability lawsuit if whoever caught that hat gets sick.

Not only did he know he was heavily exposed to a person that tested positive on Wed, but neither the Whitehouse nor the Trump Campaign reached out to the Biden Campaign to inform them of possible exposure and begin contact tracing.

The WH is now doing Contact Tracing since the news is out. We can only hope Joe Biden and fam/friends all test negative. (Kamala tested negative)

Not only did he know he was heavily exposed to a person that tested positive on Wed, but he held another fundraiser on Thursday where he was in close contact with about 100 people. Even though some on his staff saw that he was showing mild symptoms prior to and during the event, they allowed it to proceed.... likely without a mask in sight.

New Jersey has since started Contact Tracing for all that were at the event.

and the internet has probably handled this better than I expected them to so far considering that this was DJT exactly 1 YEAR AGO TODAY....

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/782673397952094208?s=20
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:43:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »
So there spread continues....

Add Senator Ron Johnson
And Kellyanne Conway to that list

Edit:
And Chris Christie

So apparently there was 2 ways this became an issue....
First the Republicans decided to have a super spreader event to nominate a supreme court judge....

And then had a debate prep where those infected earlier in the day at the super spreader, could get in closet and spread it to those that weren't

And according to Kellyanne's daughter, her mom lied about being negative so she could spend the day with her daughter before her daughter found out her mom was actually positive. Smfh

And in unrelated news. Cam Newton has also tested positive.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:13:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »
And this raises some serious questions.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edit: gross negligence... Attempted murder... What can and should he and all his accomplices be charged with here?

and add one more of the crew to the list.... WH Press Sec Kayleigh McEnany
She's asymptomatic, but I think she's been maskless talking to the press over the weekend.
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1313138387994509313?s=20
(and her husband is a pitcher in the MLB?)

edit: add another one.... and another one
White House spokesman Chad Gilmartin tests positive for coronavirus - ABC
and he apparently tested positive 2 days prior to the above.

and Karoline Leavitt, another WH comm aide

this is starting to sound like the White House is having an outbreak all it's own.
I hope more people close to the president that keep enabling him don't also get sick.... that would be so bad. /s

edit: and theres more...
Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed.

and as of this morning, the WH has yet to do much if any contact tracing with the ever growing list of people coming out of the WH infected w/ COVID.... not even the CDC has been tasked to help, even though they stepped back and stood by, waiting for the call.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:35:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
I was looking up what year it was in the Chinese Zodiac

It is the Year of the Rat. The last time it was the Year of the Rat was 2008.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #347 on: October 06, 2020, 12:17:14 AM »
Kellyanne Conway's diagnosis was first reported by her daughter, via TikTok.  Chris Christie lamented that he wasn't told to get tested or that he had even been exposed.  Either the administration was incredibly reckless or incompetently tried to cover it up.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 06, 2020, 12:56:58 AM »
Either the administration was incredibly reckless or incompetently tried to cover it up.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #349 on: October 06, 2020, 01:49:12 AM »
I mean, yeah. Almost certainly both.