Community Forums > Movies & TV

SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)

<< < (2/124) > >>

Evan_B:
I just felt the movie was one of the most mature perspectives of superheroes we've seen in cinema- actual superheroes, not the madmen of Gotgan seen in Nolan's Bat-flicks. These were men and women of great power dealing with matters that would apply to superheroes in a real-world setting. This is not heroes realistically portrayed, this is super heroics adapted to reality.

Anyway, my previous comments on Spidey are really my greatest complaint with the movie, although I also think the airport fight was a BIT too long for its own good. The beginning of the movie truly felt like a Cap film, but it lost itself somewhere in the middle, before neatly tying itself up. I really enjoyed the film and I think, in retrospect, the Cap trilogy will be remembered as the best films of Phases 1-3, and the most grounded films in the MCU.

But it just couldn't beat The Winter Soldier.

Shorty McNostril:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on May 06, 2016, 02:41:42 AM ---
I really think that Widow could have her own movie... maybe a lower-key Netflix Original 2hr spy action flick. Her action was pretty bad-ass in this movie as well.

--- End quote ---

Well it looks like you'll have your wish.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684411-kevin-feige-says-marvel-studios-is-committing-to-a-black-widow-solo-movie#/slide/1

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Shorty McNostril on May 07, 2016, 02:26:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on May 06, 2016, 02:41:42 AM ---
I really think that Widow could have her own movie... maybe a lower-key Netflix Original 2hr spy action flick. Her action was pretty bad-ass in this movie as well.

--- End quote ---

Well it looks like you'll have your wish.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684411-kevin-feige-says-marvel-studios-is-committing-to-a-black-widow-solo-movie#/slide/1

--- End quote ---

and I hope she teams up with Bucky and Hawkeye, on an off the books mission for Fury.
And just for good measure, a little help from Cap in his Stealth Suit with a "small" assist from Ant-Man in his new Black Ant suit.

nickmitch:
I LOVED Spider-Man.  All of his dialogue was hilarious.  I couldn't stop laughing.  He even made other characters funnier.  "Is this your first fight? Usually there isn't this much talking."

I also liked the budding romance between Scarlet Witch and Vision.  Hopefully that builds to something.

One thing that really stood out: Cap's objective became to stop the other Winter Soldiers to wreck havoc.  Then Tony came in to offer the assist.  I couldn't help but think that's how BvS played out.  The two heroes threw hands then teamed up to fight a greater foe.  But the movie did a classic bait-and-switch where you see the soldiers dead, and Zemo's plan was to make them fight again.  It was as if the film said, "NOPE! The theme of this is heroes fighting eachother, that's what you're gonna get!"  Whereas with BvS, well, you know.

However, that part of the movie made the scene where Zemo was trying to get that Hydra guy to talk pointless.  It was only there to kind of trick the audience into thinking you know what his plan is (and it worked on me).  But it didn't seem like he needed to get the location of the Winter Soldiers from that guy since he seemed to have this elaborate plan to get it out of Bucky.

Also, kind of ironic how Thunderbolt Ross was like, "Do you know where Thor and Hulk are? If I lost two nukes, blah, blah, blah. . .", since he was the one in charge of bringing the Hulk in, in the first place and totally failed at that.

Overall, fantastic movie. Definitely a fave.

Wah:
SW and vision romance, oh it builds to something alright...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version