Author Topic: Nintendo World Championships 2015 Speculation: What will the 3 games be?  (Read 10606 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I think you're grossly overestimating the amount of people that are interested in this function, and I think that starting small and conservative is a better choice, especially if they plan on taking this somewhere in the future.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.  I just remember seeing photos of the line ups when people were trying to get access to E3 demos from a select number of stores in previous years, and feel like that's going to be even worse if there are prizes attached.

The point remains though: it would have been harder and more expensive to make this inclusive, but it also would have gotten more people actively involved. I don't see how that could be a bad thing.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
"The games are going to be Ulitmate NES Remix Championship mode. So Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, and Dr. Mario. I feel that is a stupid decision and nostalgia pandering myself, but it is what it is"

Not even going bother watching this crap.  Man, disappointed to say the least.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The press release says the LA round will be "a multi-round competition with a variety of Nintendo games".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
The press release says the LA round will be "a multi-round competition with a variety of Nintendo games".

Which all has to be true, given what we already know. So... yeah, don't get your hopes up for anything interesting or innovative.
NNID: ejamer

Offline hhgjf

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Lame and uninspiring game selection as expected. That’s just a lazy and cowardly move that serves absolutely no purpose in promoting their current games which desperately need attention. And don’t get me started on the miserable inclusion of only 8 sites. All these and the short notice in advance make me believe that it was all just a last minute thing. It is like,
“We've got not enough stuffs for E3, what can we use as fill-ins?â€
“How about a half-assed NWC?â€
“Great idea.â€

Anyway, that said, I’m still hoping that the actual tournament at E3 will feature more relevant games like some of you are suspecting.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:15:17 PM by hhgjf »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Given the short time frames and need to chew through the allotted entrants, The limited sites and use of pre-existing content makes utilitarian sense. It's not splashy or extravagant, but Nintendo just needs to find 8 people to fly to LA for a PR shindig.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Wait you want them to promote their current games which NEED attention? In that case the line up would be;
1). Code Name S.T.E.A.M : Lincoln Vs Aliens
2). Code Name S.T.E.A.M : Lincoln vs Aliens
3). Code Name S.T.E.A.M : Lincoln vs Aliens

With the grand final being a head to head of the upcoming unannounced hotly anticipated virtual console release of Disaster : Day of Crisis.