Author Topic: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!  (Read 52509 times)

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2011, 04:10:12 AM »
You know who would be an absolutley pimp addition to the roster? Ray MkIII from Custom Robo Arena. Or any other of the Ray models from the older games.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
You know who would be an absolutley pimp addition to the roster? Ray MkIII from Custom Robo Arena. Or any other of the Ray models from the older games.

This. Yes!  And also... Jill from Drill Dozer! She'd make a great addition, too!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Agreed.  Jill would be great.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »
For possible Mario characters my bets are on Bowser Jr, Daisy or Waluigi.  I mean, those are the three major characters that have appeared in all the Mario spinoff games since 2002 that haven't been playable in Smash Bros yet.  If there's going to be a new Mario character, it will be one of those 3.
What makes them major characters? I mean, Waluigi hasn't even appeared in a mainline game in either the Mario or Wario series, he was created for a spin-off and appears only in spin-offs. They're certainly not on the same levels as the characters already in Smash Brothers, though Bowser Jr. might be close since he's become a recurring villain in Mario platformers. As for the other two, I'd argue that Toad is higher up than them. He's been around since the original Super Mario Brothers and has appeared in nearly every Mario game since, plus he's starred in his very own game before. That's more than I can say of the other three.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »
Bowser Jr. probably has the best chance especially since he was pretty much the main villain in both Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. At the same time, Browser Jr. is fucking awful. I'd prefer Daisy though.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
For possible Mario characters my bets are on Bowser Jr, Daisy or Waluigi.  I mean, those are the three major characters that have appeared in all the Mario spinoff games since 2002 that haven't been playable in Smash Bros yet.  If there's going to be a new Mario character, it will be one of those 3.
What makes them major characters? I mean, Waluigi hasn't even appeared in a mainline game in either the Mario or Wario series, he was created for a spin-off and appears only in spin-offs. They're certainly not on the same levels as the characters already in Smash Brothers, though Bowser Jr. might be close since he's become a recurring villain in Mario platformers. As for the other two, I'd argue that Toad is higher up than them. He's been around since the original Super Mario Brothers and has appeared in nearly every Mario game since, plus he's starred in his very own game before. That's more than I can say of the other three.

Ugh, Toad? Really? I couldn't think of a blander character choice. At least with Waluigi you know you're going to get a fun character to use. Just like ROB and G&W, these character additions don't really make a ton of sense, but they're fun and different additions to the roster. Toad would be as bland as Mii character, but without the idividuality.

I seriously don't get the Bowser Jr. hate, and I'd like to see him in the new iteration. Again, I can see the fun aspect in using a character like that. I can see them making a unique moveset apart from just turning him into a Bowser clone.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
I just said Toad would make more sense, since he appeared in more games. I'll not comment on anything else since you like Bowser Jr.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »
I expect to see:
Mario: Bowser Jr(dont like em, if he takes off that scarf I might find him cool)
F-Zero: Samurai Goro(like him)
Yoshi: Kamek(love him!)
Metroid: Ridley(LOVE HIM!)
Pokemon: Zoroark and Mewtwo
Star Fox: Crystal(not sure how I feel about this one, but she would bring a fun moveset to the game)
DK: Dixie Kong(I will repeat this until confirmed, I figure if you keep saying something long enough it comes true)
Punch Out: Little Mac(He better be in this game)

Anyone else not sure, but these guys are most deserving. Yes I think Kamek deserves a shot, he went from cool looking enemy you see in castles to a constant nemesis for Yoshi with dialogue! 
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
Bowser Jr. probably has the best chance especially since he was pretty much the main villain in both Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. At the same time, Browser Jr. is fucking awful. I'd prefer Daisy though.
I just said Toad would make more sense, since he appeared in more games. I'll not comment on anything else since you like Bowser Jr.
I like you both. But Mop it up more because she's a birdo :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »
I don't care for Bowser Jr. entirely because he looks like young Bowser in Yoshi's Island and I have a theory that Nintendo is so indifferent to their own continuity that they forgot that Yoshi's Island is a prequel, assumed the last boss is Bowser's son and threw him in Super Mario Sunshine.  Hell his reveal in Sunshine even seems like we would already know who he was when was a new character.  I think at some point they thought Bowser Jr. was the final boss from Yoshi's Island and didn't realize the mistake until it was too late or they just didn't care.

It also seems odd that Bowser would name his YOUNGEST child after himself and how Bowser Jr. was absent in the games where the rest of the Koopa Kids were bosses.  He's like the Cousin Oliver of the Koopas.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »
To make matters worse, there is also a "Koopa Kid" character who has appeared in some of the Mario Party games and looks like Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr, yet is apparently a different character as well.

As for Kamek, he's just Magikoopa. They gave him a unique name in North America versions but in Japan there is no distinction between him and any other Magikoopa. So even though he plays a role in the Yoshi games, I don't see him making the cut in Smash Brothers since he's still a generic enemy.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »
To make matters worse, there is also a "Koopa Kid" character who has appeared in some of the Mario Party games and looks like Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr, yet is apparently a different character as well.

As for Kamek, he's just Magikoopa. They gave him a unique name in North America versions but in Japan there is no distinction between him and any other Magikoopa. So even though he plays a role in the Yoshi games, I don't see him making the cut in Smash Brothers since he's still a generic enemy.
You know him being a generic character I think would make it more likely to get one.  What would be more interesting is a Koopa that changes between the varieties.... His save being wings and do shell things but, be able to shift to a Magi-Koopa with a different move set.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
Kamek would make a sweet assist trophy though. He could zip across the screen and power you up with some crazy rainbow magic.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »
The question I have is who is Bowser Jr.'s mother? Perhaps Kytime's old avatar has the answer.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
Yeah, an Assist Trophy would make more sense, though I personally don't like those and turned them off.

The question I have is who is Bowser Jr.'s mother? Perhaps Kytime's old avatar has the answer.
Why do you think Bowser keeps kidnapping Peach? I just wonder if Mario's figured it out yet...

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
Bowser Jr would function best as an assist trophy. Or at least that's what I think. I wouldn't be surprised if they did make him a character of his own though; look what happened with Diddy Kong.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2011, 12:12:48 AM »
Yeah, an Assist Trophy would make more sense, though I personally don't like those and turned them off.

Why do you think Bowser keeps kidnapping Peach? I just wonder if Mario's figured it out yet...
But it was proven that she is not the mother of the Koopa Kids.  Maybe Bowser is like Godzilla.

Offline figure8Atej

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:14 AM »
I want to see Little mac, kid Icarus, and Olimar

LEGO City Police Station should appear on the Wii.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:51:59 PM by figure8Atej »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2011, 02:25:38 AM »
I want to see Little mac, dixie, and Ridley

Fixed. We know those other 2 will be there, just in HD.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
So yeah, a new Smash Bros was announced for both the 3DS and Wii U.  Of course we won't see it for quite a while because according to Sakurai in the newest Ask Iwata interview, development hasn't even begun yet.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Of course there's some interesting stuff in here.  It sounds like the 3DS version is going to be more of a single player focused game while the Wii U version will be more multiplayer focused.  Of course if you link both games together, people will be able to play as their customizable characters from the 3DS version in the Wii U version, which will be a way of rewarding people for buying both games.

Actually, it sounds a lot like Smash Bros will become like Mario Golf and Mario Tennis were.  The handheld versions on the GBC/GBA were for single player while the home console on the N64/GCN were for the multiplayer.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:14 PM »
Regarding planners, Sakurai noted that he's headed up all areas of game balance and character strength settings for past Smash Bros. This time, he's hoping to leave this area to the staff.

YES YES YES! Let the staff who will be composed of some smash bros fans figure out the character balance. No wonder King Dedede and Metaknight were epic beyond human comprehension! Seriously why in all the tier lists do the Zelda and Mario characters come out so low every time? So glad he is letting that aspect of the game be handled by the team, no one man should be god in character balance am I right?

Now my E3 is complete!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:50:05 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2011, 04:48:05 PM »
If the 3DS version doesn't support online/local multi....
then why bother.

And yes, I know that isn't what was said, but no one really likes playing Smash alone and they certainly didn't prefer the single player game over the actual game either.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »
It sounds like the 3DS version is going to be more of a single player focused game
What the **** is the point of that? The only reason I played the single player mode in past Smash Bros. games was so I could unlock ****. The vast majority of Smash Bros. fans only care about Free-For-All and possibly the Special Multiplayer Modes. In Brawl, the Subspace Emissary was utter garbage and since that was the easiest way to unlock characters, that made the Solo Mode even more useless. Just focus on multiplayer, online and local, and they stand to please 99% of the fanbase.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
If the U version focuses almost entirely on Multiplayer I don't care what the 3DS does. My guess is that there will probably be more EVENT type modes than say another big story mode.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:21:42 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »
IGN interviews Sakurai about working with Capcom.

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.
"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

One more thing I dug up just so we can site it later.

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

Sakurai knows very well he can do it and he knows Ridley is freakin popular! Since there are very few A List Nintendo characters left I think he has a huge shot now. Being a boss wont be nearly as interesting now, time for Ridley to get pushed into playability.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:55:06 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn