Author Topic: Should Square-Enix remake Final Fantasy VI for 3DS?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should Square-Enix remake Final Fantasy VI for 3DS?
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
Just wanted other people's opinions on this one. Final Fantasy III for the SNES is my all time favorite game so part of me really doesn't want a remake. I'm just too afraid that it would turn out to be a disappointment. Another part of me is just a sucker for these kind of things and would totally buy it if it were to be made. Any thoughts on what could go into a 3DS remake for FF6?
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Should Square-Enix remake Final Fantasy VI for 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
Yes.

They should remake FFV first though. Honestly, I'd love to see them cel-shaded and use a similar art style to Dissidia where Tetsura Nomura based the designs on Yoshitaka Amamo's original artwork. In fact, I'd rather see this on a home console. I love Final Fantasy VI. I'd buy a remake day one.

Offline Pajamas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »
Personally, I think they shouldn't let Nomura anywhere near this one. I don't want to see my favorite characters covered in zippers.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »
But his designs in Dissidia weren't covered in zippers. He stuck pretty close to Amano's designs and they looked awesome. He's also been involved with the Final Fantasy series since IV so he worked on both V and VI.

Offline Pajamas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »
With the exception of FFVII, I've just never been a fan of his character design. The ones in Dissidia weren't as bad as other games he's done, but just didn't do much for me. Also, I'd rather not see FFVI characters pulling off stunts like the ones from Advent Children. Shudder.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
Who says that would even happen? I'd imagine if the games were to be remade for 3DS, the development duties would be handled by Matrix Software since they developed the remakes of III, IV, IV:The After Years and then made The Four Heroes of Light.

I, personally, love the art in Dissidia. I'm a huge fan of Amano's work, but I can't see it working in in-game graphics. Nomura did a good job of keeping Amano's work intact and making them into something that could be made into a videogame model.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »
I was surprised that they didn't follow up the DS Final Fantasy IV remake with V and VI as well. They haven't been seen in a while so I do think they will be remade soon enough, the only question is if it'll be the 3DS or the PSP/PSPita. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it were released on both company's platforms this time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:28:20 PM by Mop it up »

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »
I'd imagine if the games were to be remade for 3DS, the development duties would be handled by Matrix Software since they developed the remakes of III, IV, IV:The After Years and then made The Four Heroes of Light.

Oh man, I would love that.  I'm glad I'm not the only one ready to sing the praises of Matrix's remakes.  They are good, and I would love to see more from them on 3DS.  Adrock, if you could see me now, you would see me touching my nose and pointing at the virtual you.   The art style they did III, IV, Heroes of Light, and Nostalgia with, in 3D?   

I'd also like to see them make it hard, like with IV, which was so hard that I almost cried at times.  I like that, because I'm messed up that way.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:26 AM »
I want V. I've wanted to play FFV for a long time now, but I skipped the GBA one because they'd already made FFIII for DS and announced IV, so I just naturally assumed V was coming.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent