Author Topic: No Revolution loving from the analysts.  (Read 25575 times)

Offline burninator1992

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: No Revolution loving from the analysts.
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2006, 06:17:56 AM »
hey  odifiend this is kinda off topic but if you have acww can u plz post ur friend info so i can add you? mine is in my signature.  thx.  
I have acww so if you want my info ask me and ill send it to u in a private message.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2006, 09:20:17 AM »
This is completely off topic and I think the way you're acting noone WANTS you on their friends list.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
RE:No Revolution loving from the analysts.
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2006, 09:22:08 AM »
ok well I wasnt being serious I was just having fun. I was just messing aroudn this morining making abunch of random psots, read my other threads nothign I said this morning was meant to make sense. so dont take it personal ok. But Um theres nothing wrong with buying as game system for your friends as presents, if youw ant Ill tell you when my birthday is so yu can buy me one will that make you feel better.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2006, 08:00:58 PM »
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »
GameSpot has like the WORST AFD jokes ever. They're not even funny and usually they're rather rude to their readers.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
Good news that unbiased analysts like "Miyamoto_Mojo" think the rev will come out on top.

edit: the Nintendo fan can't spell and the Sony one can? pfft.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2006, 08:35:36 PM »

IF teh damn thing is going to be as cheap as the GC, then what we do is says crew all the idiots who cant make up thier mind based on HD or whatever, just BUY a Revolution for yor self, at launch preferabley, and then buy as many GOOD games as you can possibly afford, then when yo have the extra dough, or if you must use Christmas or B-Days as an excuse, go out and BUY one for your best friend,

I had an idea a while back for a sort-of grassroots revoltion campaign. It involved making red spray-paint style revolution posters, putting them on the internet, and then having people print them out and post them and such.

I decided that, as much as I loved the products they provide, there were probably better things I could be doing than putting a lot of effort into a free marketing campaign for a very profitable business. *shrug*
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2006, 09:13:12 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Heh
obvioulsy a AF joke

"Sony has yet to come out of the pit stop after the first lap. Folks, when this race started naysayers said Nintendo would not have enough under the engine to compete with Microsoft and Sony. Trying to one up Nintendo like they did with them wanting to make a Revolution-style controller after it was revealed and 'oooohed' and 'aaaahed' over... Sony won't let anyone else have time in the light. Down with Sony. I am going to take a bat to my PS2. Nintendo is back in a big way, I think Nintendo will own them all. I believe they are on the path to domination once again. I think they finally are giving people what they want, and continuing to give them things they never thought of."

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2006, 09:25:37 PM »

obvioulsy a AF joke
Yeah, that's why I wrote "Heh" :
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »

It's a very very rough extension, mainly in name only. You can buy all the Superbits you want but they're not High Definition. If you don't get HD cable then it's really pointless owning an HDTV (or if you have an XBOX) since DVDs look just as good on a really nice SDTV. That being said, a really good DVD transfer looks fantastic, and more isn't that necessary.
I know this is a few pages late, but the main reason people are currently buying HD-TVs isn't decause they want higher resolution pictures. It's because they want widescreen. At least, I think that's the reason my parents and a few of their friends have gone out and bought them. I know that's not technically the definition of HD that the industry wants spread, but its the one they put out. The two are synonymous among the public now, and my parents are perfectly happy watching non-high res content in brilliant stretched out widescreen.

I think the most interesting thing about the games industry has been the way "pure power" hasn't really ever played a role in what sells. People want games in the end. A lot of games. A huge variety, and some of them even have to be good. That's what the NES, SNES, PS, PS2, and now the DS all have had in common. It's never been about DVD playback or cartridge formats (although the cartridge format directly effected what games were released for the N64). It's just about how much and what you can play on the system. Games drive console sales and console sales drive development. I firmly believe the same will take hold in this generation, and it really looks like Sony hasn't lost any of their support, so I really doubt their market share drops any time soon. Microsoft doesn't really have a whole lot to put them over the top in that sense.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

I know this is a few pages late, but the main reason people are currently buying HD-TVs isn't decause they want higher resolution pictures. It's because they want widescreen.

You are correct sir.  Movie geeks like me must have widescreen.  HD(HDMI input) is nice to have since the future almost forces us to upgrade at some point, but initially, this early on, I only care about widescreen for my DVDs.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »
Aren't analysts supposed to have their minds in the future? Applying current trends and assuming everything will stay the same is something some guy on the street could tell me. Whoops, just noticed I said the same thing on the first page.

That Gamespot article sucks too, but hey, funny joke!

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
Well, screw the analysts is what I say....they didn't have anything nice to say about the DS either, and now it's tearing their beloved "be-all-end-all" PSP up!  Sometimes I thinks these guys get paid off, like politicians or lobbyists or something.