Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Wild World  (Read 70942 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Animal Crossing: Wild World
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2006, 09:22:23 AM »
Sable is cute ;__;

Blathers was depressed a while ago, something about hating bugs.  I just ignored him.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:Animal Crossing: Wild World
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »
I've gotten more storyline stuff from Blathers, the Able sisters, and Coffee pigeon. I hear Tom Nook has a back story to share as well.  How do I get him to open up?

...wow, reading that last sentence really sucked all the macho right out of me. I need to go play some RE4 or something

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
ShyGuy wears pink undies...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
ShyGuy wears pink undies...

Hey! that's only cause a red bath rug got mixed in with my whites!

I wonder if Tortimer, the Guard Dogs, or the Pelicans have back stories...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2006, 12:22:10 PM »
I've seen Phyllis in the bar right before her shift, but she just whinges constantly all the time... >=|
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2006, 07:35:54 AM »
anyone's stalk market going to save me? I need to get rid of some turnips, anything above 120 will do and you can have 30 to sell for yourself.
I'll shut up now...

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2006, 08:23:47 AM »
My brother made a killing by selling them for 550 in some town after a lot of dealing on the GameFAQs boards.  Problem is, the GameFAQs Animal Crossing: Wild World board moves too fast.  When he finally had his chance Nook's was about ready to close...but for every full shipment of 15 x 100 turnips he managed to bring in, he was getting 825000!  That's, like, more than twice of the most I ever had.  For each go!  He was flooding the house with turnips so now I'm wondering how I can get into the action without making a mess of my town.

I guess I'll just have to save up a lot of money and get up before him on Sunday mornings.

Maybe a group of us should start a high turnip prices club...you want a good-sized club for that, but not too many that it becomes difficult, seeing as how you can only have a few people in your town at a time...

Anyway, I finally had Pascal visit me yesterday. Apparently honesty is not the best policy, like it was in A Link To The Past.  Pascal wouldn't give me the Golden Axe when I said I didn't know what he was talking about (since I couldn't have dropped one) but after resetting and trying again (Mr. Resetti hates me), I lied about the Golden Axe.  He knew I was lying but gave it to me anyway, because my desire was "real".  Great Faerie he's not.  

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2006, 05:32:54 AM »
So what exactly is the deal with Lyle...  
Do you have to puchase from him every week, or is it buy once and it lasts forever?  I purchased last week for 3000 and now he's offering something else for 6000.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2006, 06:03:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
So what exactly is the deal with Lyle...  

The 3,000 bell insurance is what gets you money (a whopping 100 bell) when you get stung/fall down.  The 6,000 bell insurnace gets you money for fake paintings.

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »
So while were on the great mysteries of ACWW....

"Bell" Trees...

Besides the golden shovel, hole, and bags of money... what's the trick to these trees?  
I planted 1000 bells once and got nothing.
Friend of mine planted 6000 bells and got 3 bags of 30000 bells each.  Quite the investment.
I haven't heard any of my residents talk much about them...
1) Is there a magic amount to put in, and is there a point where burying more yields no extra benefit?
2) Does the amount affect the amount yielded?
3) I'd be able to answer this once I get one to grow of my own, but do they yield more than once?

Oh and funny thing happened to me today.  I saw a present fly over head, and in my rush to shoot it down, I didn't quite pay attention to my overall location.  Plop!  landed right in the drink (water).  You character actually emotes shock when it happens too (I think I emoted a bit of shock as well )

Offline PaganPoet

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2006, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi everyone,
I live in the UK, and I have got AC!
my friend code is: 4510 3248 3118
my name is Remus
my town is Nocturn

Thanks very much.
Have a lovely day!  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2006, 07:17:26 PM »
Hey guys

http://www.nintendopower.com

Check out "current issue" and the ACWW page, pretty amazing stuff.

Is this issue out yet, can anyone post what it says? I'm guessing its just a million pattern tiles layed down.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky  Plop!  landed right in the drink (water).  You character actually emotes shock when it happens too (I think I emoted a bit of shock as well )

whoa whoa whoa,, you landed in the river?  how? I've been trying all night and nothing happens!
I'll shut up now...

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2006, 03:45:54 AM »
lol, the present I shot out of the sky landed in the drink, not I.  Sorry for the ambiguity

Offline burninator1992

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »
Hey i just added you to my friends roster so add me.  my name is sam.  my town name is petoria.  and my friend code is 455330317976.  Well im looking forward to meeting you.
I have acww so if you want my info ask me and ill send it to u in a private message.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2006, 12:00:01 AM »
I have a few questions to ask about AC:WW. What can be acheived by donating to the neighbouring town? How does the cross-breeding of flowers work? Is there any reason why my lost and found is 90% pitfall seeds?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2006, 01:57:01 AM »
No idea about the first two (flowers are for girls), but the last one I think it's so when you're travelling to another town there's conveniant pitfalls right near the gate just before you head off there. Nintendo is encouraging mischief!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2006, 04:36:51 AM »
I have a question. (I don't feel like reading back to see if it has been answered, so be nice, and just answer please =D)

Just about every citizen in my town has tried to move out at least one so far (I think the exceptions are Alli and Punchy)  I talk to my citizens everyday and stuff, but they still try and move.  Since I am not wanting to be free and stuff I don't let them move, talk to them and mail them stuff so they stay.  

My question is... if I were to let them leave, will they ever come back? or once they are gone, they are gone?

I'm pretty much getting tired of babysitting some of the citizens that I don't like, especially Cyrano who is an ass.  Alli is a snob!
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2006, 05:38:32 AM »
What can be acheived by donating to the neighbouring town?

You get feathers you wear in your hair...And I think that's about it...

How does the cross-breeding of flowers work?

It's pretty random...I find that if I have a bunch of a certain flower right next to each other, a new color of that flower will appear right next to them after a while...(This is how I've breed a nice batch of black roses)

My question is... if I were to let them leave, will they ever come back? or once they are gone, they are gone?

Gone forever!  But a new neighbor will move in after a day or two, so it's not a big deal...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline burninator1992

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »
hey bill can i have ur friend info? mine is in my sig.
I have acww so if you want my info ask me and ill send it to u in a private message.

Offline burninator1992

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2006, 08:04:13 AM »
k if ne has acww plz send me ur info in a private message so i can add you.  my info is in my sig.  thx.

Offline burninator1992

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2006, 08:05:23 AM »
peganpoet add me to your friends roster.  my info is in my sig.  im going to add you to mine right now.  thx

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2006, 09:10:44 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Gone forever!  But a new neighbor will move in after a day or two, so it's not a big deal...

Okay, so they are gone, but what happens when you reach the end.... is there an actual end to when people stop trying to move away and then new people move in?  Or is it a forever cycle with random names and species?  I mean, you would think, at least I do, is that after a while it would have to start over again or the game just stops after a certain number of moves/move in's have occured.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »
Nup, Animal Crossing just don't stop.  Play on playah.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
I have a few questions to ask about AC:WW. What can be acheived by donating to the neighbouring town? How does the cross-breeding of flowers work? Is there any reason why my lost and found is 90% pitfall seeds?

Believe it or not GameFaqs has a good guide that will answer anyone's questions: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/animal_crossing_ww_c.txt

Did you know that for every shooting star that you see you can get a present the next day, for this to work is as it shoots across the screen touch your character, at least I think that's what I read about it.