Author Topic: Episode 169: C-Nubbin'  (Read 2158 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Episode 169: C-Nubbin'
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »

Connectivity, now with "super-stable" audio!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/39683/episode-169-c-nubbin

Hello there loyal listeners. The day has finally come. The New 3DS is available world-wide, and we're going to talk about it. Specifically, Mike, Daan, and Nick are going to talk about it. It's an international panel of joy!

After that, it's the return of The Music Segment with Scott, Mike, and Zach. This time, they're chatting about the best winter level tracks submitted by our loverly listeners. We haven't decided on what the next music topic will be, but when we we'll be asking for more of your submissions.

Speaking of submissions, why not submit some listener mail by clicking here? The mailbag is running low and we could use some more. Also, if you have a moment please rate and review the show on iTunes.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 169: C-Nubbin'
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »
Another solid music segment, gentlemen! Hats off to those who requested the Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime -- that song had completely slipped my mind. Also glad to hear some Kirby's Epic Yarn representation. Also, thanks to Scott for covering Xenoblade. If I could have included one more song, I would have given the nod to Ducktales (Remastered?) "Himalayas".

I actually submitted the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze track "Frosty Fruits". I forgot to include my forum handle when doing so, and the one I provided is indeed my real name. When I suggested the game, it was originally going to be accompanied by an e-mail praising its soundtrack and how criminally overlooked it was. However, as I neared the end of the e-mail, my iPhone decided to simply erase the entire thing, and I couldn't recover it. That being said, you were correct in assuming that the track is a pseudo-mix of a Donkey Kong Country 2 classic. I strongly urge folks to check out some of the games other songs via youtube, as there are so many that stand out, such as Wing Ding and Cannon Canyon. If DKC 2 has the best soundtrack in the series, I would be so bold as to say that this game's is easily the second best.

Offline Chariblaze

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 169: C-Nubbin'
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »
To start a new game in Diamond/Pearl onwards, you first have to erase your old file. You do this by holding a set of buttons while on the title screen. In Diamond/Pearl, that combination is Up + Select + B.

Yeah, they caused a bit of confusion in the Gen 4/5 games with the "New Game" option that you can select. It's an artifact from the earlier games; that option was how you generally started a new game, though you could also use it if you felt like playing a the beginning over again, so long as you didn't save and overwrite your old file--then things got disastrous.

They finally changed this in Diamond/Pearl, where you could still start a New Game, but couldn't save at all. Even though this was a good thing for having that go at playing the game from the start, it really made no sense to have it there for people who actually did want to start a new file. They made it a bit clearer that you couldn't save right off the bat if you selected New Game in Black/White, but they still didn't tell you that button combo you actually needed. It was a bit stupid, and they finally removed "New Game" in X/Y.