Author Topic: Mafia LXXV The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Madam MeowMeow's BowWow Hunt.  (Read 13094 times)

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
So, a quick note. Near the end of Day 5, a player made a guess and won 50 rupees. With other stuff going on and no one else making any guesses, I didn't update the yard at the time but I want to make sure it is noted now before beginning the Day 6 hunt so here is how Day 5 ended:

"SMOOOOOOOCH! You got a reward from Madam MeowMeow... ... ... L-l-lucky!"

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
With that technicality out of the way, I'm pleased to let all you wacky characters know that the BowWow Hunt is now open for Day 6. Look at that fresh field of possibilities!

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
Oh my! Apparently people are realizing that winning these prizes might be the key to victory and now there are more players trying to find my little dearies. Here's the recent guesses so far for Day 6.

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
Using my dowsing ability I have located BowWow at last.

But apparently you people don't want my help so I won't tell you where he is.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
There's been some more activity in the hunt for my sweetums but no major discoveries have been made since the discovered 20 rupees of this morning.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
More guesses have been made!

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
More hunting for BowWow but BowWow continues to stay hidden.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
We have some more guesses and look at that! Someone has discovered something!

It's Bow BowWow! This means a new game is now about to commence. I will now explain what happens with BowWow's sis.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
The finder of Bow BowWow means we get to engage in a bit of Let's Make A Deal Mafia Style.

The Treasure Chest Auction Game!

The finder of Bow BowWow will now get to choose 4 treasure chests. After choosing 4 of the numbers, this person will then select one chest that they want to hold on to. They will then select two other chests to be put up for auction. All players will pm Madam BowWow their bids on the treasure chests but only one chest can win the auction. As for the fourth chest, the finder of Bow BowWow will be told what it is and then will have to make a decision. When the auction ends and the chest with the highest bid total is claimed then it will be decision time for the finder of Bow BowWow.

The first decision is if they want to switch the treasure chest that was won at auction with the opened treasure chest that they know the contents of. If they do, then that is the chest that the winner will ultimately get but the auction winner will then get to make a choice of their own. The auction winner will be told the contents of both the chests that were not won in the auction. They can then decide if they want to switch one of those chests with the one the Bow BowWow finder is holding. If they choose not to switch then Bow BowWow finder keeps their chest and the other two opened chests and their prizes are eliminated from the game. If the Auction winner does switch the prize then the unopened chest of the Bow BowWow finder will go to the player that had the highest bid on the second chest that was up for auction, the other opened chest is unclaimed and eliminated from the game and this minigame is over.

On the other hand, if the finder of Bow BowWow does not switch the Auction winner's chest then they have another choice to make. The other chest that was not won at auction will be opened and revealed to the Bow BowWow finder. They can then stick with the original choice they made but don't know what is in the chest or they can swap that original choice for one of the opened chests. If they do swap it out then they keep that prize but the remaining two chests will go to the player with the highest bid on the second chest. If the Bow BowWow finder does not swap their original choice with one of the two opened chests then they get the prize they have selected from the start and the two opened chests are eliminated from the game and unclaimed.

Players are free to collude together in how they want to bid.

In regards to the auction, it is a secret auction. Players will submit their bids to me as to what they want to pay for either chest. What if two players make the same bid amount? Then it will go to the player who sent in the bid first. What if both chests have the same amount at the end of the auction? Then it will go to the chest that reached this equal total first. What if both bids came from the same player for the same amount in the same pm for both chests? Then I will flip a coin to decide which chest is the auction winner.

Hope you understand. If you have questions then pm me or ask them here. First up, we will have the Bow BowWow winner choose the 4 chests they want involved in this game.

How long does the Auction last? It will end four hours before the deadline. Hopefully that will give us enough time to sort out the final decisions on prizes. If the day ends early by majority vote then the auction will end at that time but we will wait until the final decisions are made before starting the night action phase.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:04:41 PM by Madam MeowMeow »

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
I received a good question that I think is relevant for everyone to know.

I do have a question about the auction and the bidding.  Does any rupees one bids gone from the player no matter what the bidder does or do you get your rupees back at the end of the minigame?

Unless you win the auction, you lose no rupees for bidding. However, any rupees that are bid can not be spent on the BowWow Hunt since you need to be able to pay for the auction if you win. You are also free to cancel a bid if you wish to. However, if the auction ends and you are the highest bidder then you must pay and can not cancel that bid past the deadline.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
The Auction is now open. Players can submit bids for either Treasure Chest 2 or Treasure Chest 13. Submit your bids in a pm to me with the amount you want to bid and which chest the bid amount is for.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
You can bid anything from 1 rupee to 299 rupees or whatever amount you have and desire. It doesn't have to be increments of 10.

As well, the BowWow Hunt is still on if you want to play that.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
Speaking of the BowWow Hunt, we've got some more action going on there. Things are getting heated for treasure chests today! People must be getting desperate.

2 heart pieces discovered and some more rupees! That leaves 2 heart pieces left, 30 rupees still in there and my little BowWow with only 15 squares remaining to choose from.

Hunt for BowWow or bid on a chest? Players are really getting tested with decisions now.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
More hunt action!

Another heart piece and 30 rupees discovered. That means there is just one heart piece left and BowWow himself with 10 squares to go. My, what a good little hide and seek player he is! Will someone find him today and, if so, who will do it first?

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
Oh look at that! My little BowWow has been found! He was pretty clever but not as clever as one lucky individual. That person gets to choose one of the chests still remaining under the heading How to Claim a Prize in the original post of this thread.

Well, there's still one heart piece left out there if someone wants to go hunting for it. I don't seem to have much of a yard left after today, that's for sure.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
I guess someone wanted that last heart piece since there was a bit more grass cutting in my backyard.

There's nothing left to find now.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
The Auction is over. It is now time for those involved to make a decision. I will be in contact with the necessary people.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
Well, it is time for some information on treasure chests and prizes.

We had a player find BowWow today. This player selected Chest 10 and won 150 rupees!

Another player was able to finish collecting 4 heart pieces today. With this feat, they chose Chest 1 and won a Fairy!

In the Treasure Chest Auction game, Treasure Chest #2 was the chest with the highest bid. There was no swap made on the chest and the player with the high bid won the prize inside. It was Link's Wallet.

The player who found Bow BowWow selected Chest #7 and held on to it choosing not to switch with Chest 13 or 17 which this player could have swapped for. Chest #7 contained the grand prize of 2 Golden Arrows that could work in a Savage Lynel Bow.

Because there was no swapping of chests, Chest 13 which contained a prize of 50 rupees and Chest 17 which contained the Ocarina of Time were left unclaimed and are now eliminated from the game as potential prizes.

Now you are up to date on what can still be won for prizes in treasure chests in the future and what items/powers you may encounter going forward.

Offline Madam MeowMeow

• View Profile
I think it is safe to say that BowWow Hunt is now closed for the day.