Author Topic: Mafia 74: The NWR Gameshow Day 7: Cancelled/ Endgame  (Read 10772 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Mafia 74: The NWR Gameshow Day 7: Cancelled/ Endgame
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:34:47 AM »
LADIES LOOKS LIKE THIS WILL BE OUR FINAL EPISODEEEEE!!!!!
I KNOW I KNOW ITS DISAPPOINTING!
But it turns out a real blood bath has happened with the two remaining mafia members dead!
ONE WAS VOTED OUT AND THE OTHER WAS STABBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POOR POOR LolZ AND MOP!

And with the final push the killer decided in an act of mercy to spare Khush and let him walk away!

THAT MEANS LADIES AND GENTS THAT! BEAUTIFULSHY WINS!

All in all a decent game not my best but not the worst only one **** up this time and that was not realizing that silenced was alive whoopsie poopsie, but that's what u get when you're not active! *shrugs*.

I hope you all enjoyed the game. Until Mafia 7, THATS ALL FOLKS!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74: The NWR Gameshow Day 7: Cancelled/ Endgame
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:36:18 AM »
You know what I am going to send out a mass PM to the remaining people.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:37:17 AM »
And with the final push the killer decided in an act of mercy to spare Khush and let him walk away!

THAT MEANS LADIES AND GENTS THAT! BEAUTIFULSHY WINS!

Townies might as well not show up tomorrow. It is clear they don't want to win the game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 02:37:53 AM »

All in all a decent game not my best but not the worst only one **** up this time and that was not realizing that silenced was alive whoopsie poopsie, but that's what u get when you're not active! *shrugs*.

I hope you all enjoyed the game. Until Mafia 7, THATS ALL FOLKS!

Yeah well live and learn.I still have some things to learn.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
For those not in the know and outside of the few people I could trust with this info I am leaving the forums. I have been planning this for about 2 years but I wanted to finis hosting the 2 Mafia games I had planned from back then.So this has been a long time coming for me and I have been very emotional writing out this post.

My reasons for leaving are many and mainly have to do with the forums. There is also a few other members who have left from here and I share the same issues and concerns.So lets get to the first.

Bullying is a major one and at times I have seen people on the forums go and rail on a person just because they were posting a certain way here. Tendoboy's posts are a good example of people who did this. I personally think he was just trying to bring up conversation on the forum with his posts. Also there were people who were bullied at times in the past who became the bullies to fit in with the in crowd so they themselves would not get bullied. It can become an endless cycle.

This next one is one of the reasons I left the forum for a month during E3 this year. It just happened each year at E3 and also happened all through out the year from many people and it just got to much and that is Entitlement. This has more to do with being patient with Nintendo but also have to do with your fellow gamers. Nintendo sometimes can't release some info right away because their competitors will steal it. As for our fellow gamers it is usually a good idea to embrace all gamers no matter who they are because once we do that games will be ore accepted then they already are by everyone and not just something gamers keep to themselves while clawing at anyone else that doesn't fit in with the gamers mold whatever that is.

One of the most important things when keeping a good forum is to know how much moderation on the forums is enough and this forum has tons of topics that breaks the rules on the forums. There is a certain amount of tact needed to run a forum as a mod while enforcing the rules while keeping the members happy. I find the mods here are not very good here at doing this. I am a mod at 2 and I guess it comes down to the people there. Mods on the forum here can be condescending at times of the forum members.

This goes with the condescending as well. This isn't a good place to be a fan of Nintendo anymore. You have to temper your posts with qualifiers. In other words you can not be a overly positive Nintendo fan you have to put in some small negative that Nintendo has done and this also goes for Sony and Microsoft. You are singled out and put in SUPERs Fanboy euthanization station topic. I kinda joked in one of the topics here that I hoped that this place doesn't become a hive mind but in a way it has. It has become a place for negativity more then anything little by little until there is hardly any positivity left on the forums.People will be tired of it and then leave like I am and then it will be more pessimistic then anything else.

Final issue/concern I have and then I will get to how I would fix this and then positive stuff.You are a trooper for reading this far.

Final issue is that the site is having like many other big sites is that it is starting to have misleading titles for the talkback threads and or blog posts that have a headline that just is there for clicks and or to cause the reader to get emotional upset and post a comment and keep the discussion going. I know I have seen in the past there have been articles like this in the archive but when I went to go back to look for but they were gone from the site. There was a Rick Powers one that was pretty off base and got lots of comments but I can't find it anywhere on the site. Few others come to mind but that was the most forefront in my mind at this time.
I know some people get their jollys posting in these type of topics to feel like the thoughts are justified but if you need to find a better way of getting hits then posting these type of pieces or click bait.

I would personally do three things that will solve most of these things.

One get rid of the Karma system or modify it so that is just positive points.Maybe have it so that you can plus a post kinda like how it works in Miiverse.  It indirectly causes division and is a passive aggressive way of dealing with people how it is set up currently. Also if the mods come back with that it is dumb for people to complain and the mods and admins came up with it then isn't it just place back on the mods. Just saying that that that it could use some work or be done with altogether.

Get better mods that can enforce the rules of the forums and can stay on the forums most of the time. I'd like to stay to mod but I can't for obvious reasons. 1. I am leaving as per this post. 2. I am a mod on two forums. 3. I have many other things I need to take care of in real life.

Finally if you have read that then congrats you are halfway through. The above is for the mods and admins the rest below is for everyone else.

I will say my most fun time I had here was when I was playing with people on the forums and actually talking about games and what they were doing in real life. In games like Animal Crossing: City Folk, Tri,SSBB, and Mario Kart Wii. I liked just chatting with people in Animal Crossing:City Folk and the generosity as far as sharing my time and items and helping out people and any stories from real life we had. For Tri it was just the loyalty and kindness to all I played with and that I stuck with them and worked with them in the game. Super Smash Brothers Brawl I can honestly say that that it made me a better gamer skillwise because I didn't really care much for competition type stuff but I worked at the game and for the most part I do pretty good at it and many other games since. As for Mario Kart Wii it made me enjoy gaming again and it brought the community aspect to games again.

The Brony part of this story actually started for me on this forum and it wasn't because of that topic that I like to post in a lot these days but from someone from these very forums and he faved a video back in I want to say February 2011 or at least that's when the episode came out for Sonic Rainboom. I didn't really click on the video at the time but I just saw the thumbnail and I thought hmm this person on the NWR forums faved this well that's interesting. I put it out of my head for a while but then I heard about the show through other outlets that I watched like a Monster Hunter podcast and it was near the end of the cast but didn't get it.

After a while at the start of August 2011 the word meme pops in my head for some reason so I look it up and I find the Know your meme channel on YT. So I was interested in memes so I did a marathon and pretty much watched all the videos that night and the newest video they had uploaded was about the show. After I finish watching the videos I go check out Ponychan and Equestria Daily and check out if there was any games and there was one that intersted me and it was a mix of Zelda and MLP and it was being made. I look up the name of the game and then I find this 300 page topic about the show and I lurk through the topic while watching each episode and then watching any fan content that was in the topic till I was caught up after about 2 weeks season 2 was about to start and I have been more happy since. It took many months from when I got into the show from August 2011 to December 2011 to come back on here and post about it because I wasn't to sure how anyone was going to respond to it. Part of the reason I decided to become a Brony was because a I have a niece so we can bond together with it, there was just to much negativity on here and this was just another way of me injecting positivity on here, the other is that it is a darn good show and everyone should at least give it a chance. It has relatable stories anyone can relate to.One of the newer episodes called Too Many Pinkie Pies is pretty much me nowadays to many things I want to do but not enough of me to go around. Also the characters are people that you probably would know in real life if they were actual people.

If for some reason after that wall of text you want to get in touch with me well I am on twitter under two accounts. @NintempleMaxi and @Knuckleshy the former is my personal one and the latter is my brony account so you can talk to me based on who you are.

I will end with this.

Sit back and smile.
Not worth the fight.
So just remember that it's all alright.
Though it seems dark
On this cold black night.
The sun has set, lets bring it back to life.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 02:39:43 AM »
so are you still maxi?
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »
Yeah it is funny how that happened.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 02:41:35 AM »
SO THE MEME ROLE WAS HOSTESS, GET IT YOU CAN SEE SOMEONES VOTE????
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 02:42:53 AM »
Yep I can see them too.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 02:43:51 AM »
SO THE MEME ROLE WAS HOSTESS, GET IT YOU CAN SEE SOMEONES VOTE????

I guess whatever makes you happy dude.
*Slowly takes a few steps back than runs off*

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:35 AM »
so are you still maxi?

Alright. You got me to change my mind and become someone else.

FFFFFOOOOOCCCCUUUSSS BBBLLLAAAAAASSSSTTTTT!!!!!!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 02:51:59 AM »
Okay first of all I was wondering when that final post of mine was going to show up Khushrenada since you had my final avatar when I left.   Secondly I won as the killer.   That is rare in the game of Mafia.  I will say a little bit of it has to do with luck and happenstance in that me and KHush were teamed up because we were roleplaying as each other and Khushrenada contacted thatguy who happened to be the detective.   So I was getting info to make kills from thatguy and I could be protected once via Khushrenada or he could revive himself which he did but be without protection. So Khush was open to be killed for 2 days.  I guess the Mafia thought he could protect himself and if he could this game would of been a stalemate today and not a Killer win so thanks for that Lucario.

I will talk a bit more I am just elated that I managed to win as the killer and I think I killed the majority of townies either accidently or purposely. I think the fact that the Mafia was intact for the whole game was a benefit to me because Mafia could of thought I was to their benefit.  Okay so it is Midnight for me so talk in the morning.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 02:53:44 AM »
Ha ha, I knew you two weren't going to stick to your word! But it's okay, this is already what I expected, and I wasn't going to be a jerk about it by going after BeautifulShy. We made many mistakes and didn't deserve to win this game, especially since we would have been found out much sooner without the host mistakes. On the other hand, BeautifulShy took good advantage of these situations. Congrats, mate.

I'm still a little disappointed that you didn't take my suggestion to just not act and endlessly tie votes. Or maybe it's just me who thinks that's funny.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 03:02:57 AM »
Ha ha, I knew you two weren't going to stick to your word! But it's okay, this is already what I expected, and I wasn't going to be a jerk about it by going after BeautifulShy. We made many mistakes and didn't deserve to win this game, especially since we would have been found out much sooner without the host mistakes. On the other hand, BeautifulShy took good advantage of these situations. Congrats, mate.

I'm still a little disappointed that you didn't take my suggestion to just not act and endlessly tie votes. Or maybe it's just me who thinks that's funny.

Well I think we decided to vote out Silenced and then let the night actions decide the game. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 03:07:42 AM »
Trust me, my only goal was to make sure Khushrenada didn't win.

FFFFFFOOOOOCCCCUUUSSS BBBLLLAAAAAASSSSTTTTT!!!!!!!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 03:09:13 AM »
CONGRADULATIONS DAHLING!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 03:11:31 AM »

And I didn't kill him or send a single vote his way.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:27 AM »
I honestly never really had any idea what was going on with this game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:56 AM »

And I didn't kill him or send a single vote his way.
Yeah, because he had an invincible role that nobody knew about.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 03:15:10 AM »
I honestly never really had any idea what was going on with this game.
I still don't.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 03:54:20 AM »

Back to BeautifulShy for a moment: "I will keep that in mind Mop_it_up for next time."

Yeah, because he had an invincible role that nobody knew about.

Not quite invincible. Here's what Lucario told me in a pm when he sent me news of the role:

HEYO
Yore gonig to be playing acting as Bshy.
Your role is the "hostess" aka u can save one person once. you wont be told who though, so you'll have to use your own wit. and if you pick wrong? too bad.

I later asked him if that person could be me since he didn't say otherwise and he said sure. So, it was a one-time protection. At first I thought it was great because I had this secret protection for myself that no one knew about it since Lucario forgot to list it in the Day 1 thread. I thought I might need it to save myself from a hit early on. But then I made a deal with BS to reveal roles since I had a feeling she had one and learned she was the killer. Thatguy just sort of came along and told me he was the detective so I was thinking things were going to go along pretty smoothly in this mafia game and we'd be rolling.

Unfortunately, the partnership came undone in Day 4. There was frustration at not finding any mafia members (although I had been recommending a Stratos vote or killer hit of him Day 3) and when Thatguy asked Lucario if there was a hostess role, he said no or something along those lines so Thatguy and BS thought I was messing with them and was mafia. I couldn't get them to listen to reason and that this was Lucario hosting. So, as a last ditch effort, I sent a pm asking Lucario if I could use my ability to save myself in the vote since the role message was unclear how the power worked (and for added appeal, I mentioned that I was in this situation because he told people I didn't have this role). If that didn't work, I was seriously thinking about protecting Stratos in an effort to get revenge on Thatguy and BS for kind of ditching me but decided to protect BS because she'd probably take a betrayal at that point pretty seriously and not work with me again in a future game.

As it was, Lucario did save me but then I kind of regretted it as the game limped on to this messed up ending. With thatguy's compromised investigation results, it really buggered things up in figuring out who the mafia was. I didn't try and elaborate on my ability to make people wary of voting or hitting me after that but I was vulnerable after that. The only person who knew was BeShy because she was running scenarios of how to vote or hit and some involved me blocking a hit. Most abilities in this game only had 1 use but I wanted to let people think I was a sort of doctor with unlimited protections. Shame since it seems that bluff cost me the game. Thanks Mop.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »
So, day 1, I messaged a few people saying I was investigator, seeing what I could find. I investigate TOPHATANT, who is this townie. Day 2, stevey. No luck there, as he was killed.

I'm at work, so I'm not going to go through the logs, but I believe it was day 3 where things went sour. I sent a message to Lucario to investigate BeautifulShy, and don't hear anything back for a bit. I take things into my own hand, and message her. Eventually, she confesses she's the killer and has been working with Khushrenada.

I changed my investigation, since I still didn't have an answer back, to Mop it up. I got a one word response of "townie" after this.

I start putting pieces together in my mind. Khushrenada has claimed a role that's not in the rules thread, BShy and Khush are working together, a missed hit on Day 2, and a large number of townie results in investigations. In my mind, it's likely that TOPHATANT is the godfather, as he was absent on Day 2 and there was no mafia hit. Khushrenada is likely working as a liason to the killer from the mafia, and I encourage BShy to make a hit that isn't disclosed to Khush up front. We kill TOPHATANT, and though he's a townie, it looks like Mop it up was suspicious. But due to the dual hit on nickmitch, I had more evidence of mafia/killer collusion via Khush, as my interference appeared to have an effect.

I asked Lucario if there were any hidden roles or if there was a hostess role, to which he says "No."

And so it's time to vote out Khush. At the same time, I'm confident Mop it up must be the godfather, and so I spread around various messages.

The last day I'm alive, I sent out messages to a few players left saying I've investigated everyone else, and that these players left had to have roles by process of elimination. This was a small trick. There was room for one more townie. One of these players had to be a goon, and one had to be the double voter. The goal was for one of those players to confront me and say I was mistaken because they had no role. If someone would do that, it would have narrowed the goon hunt down. It didn't work.

Anyway, I sent out a lot of information to the lot of players this game. I just assumed at the end of each day, I'd be hit, and so I didn't sit on the information I had. Some of the information I provided to some players wasn't entirely true, for example, I told Khush Mop it up claimed to be the double voter, and that never happened, to play off reactions, but it didn't pan out.

For the record, I really believed that BeautifulShy and Khush were going to keep their end of the deal. It's too bad they didn't. I would have liked to see how that would work.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »
I forgot this game existed and didn't really care in the end

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »
Okay so a few things. There wasn't a kill the first night because lucario didn't get back to me on how much time was left before starting day 2. I was a little miffed about that. So I had the idea of sending my kills in advance on the second day going forward. I basically put everyone on my hit list in a certain order with instructions to kill the next one in line if they were voted out but I was planning on staying online unlike Khush that fast food game. Silenced was 2nd on my list and I was going to ask lucario if I could do something like this and never got word. So with Khush and thatguy in my ears I was going back and forth which I admit was not their fault but mine on my choice of hits.  So I told Khush a list of 4 different players who I might kill and stevey was one of them. So I sent in a kill of stevey. I don't think I heard from thatguy that day on who he was going to search so it was just bad luck that thatguy searched stevey and I killed him. So the next day I am getting irritated and I was going to start to do my own hits and so we get the nickmitch double kill. Thatguy says since I killed someone without Khush or thatguy in instruction that meant that the days previous that my kills were being guided so I think we voted out Khush the next day because of leading my kill and a unknown role not listed in the day 1 thread. So we got out Khush and I guess Khush. told lucario to either protect me or if was possible to revive Khush from being voted out and Khush revives.  Next day I think we. Voted out stratos and I killed pokepal think him
 a goon but no was a townie. So silenced had to be the goon. So yesterday was a day of mind games, roleplaying and endless confusion because the host was trolling us.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 11:28:24 AM »
This is the kill list that I had after I didn't send in a kill the 1st night.     

Quote from: BeautifulShy on June 06, 2017, 03:24:36 AM
Okay Lucario I figure I should send in my hits in advance. 

Okay so for my hits I want you to do the hits in this order.

Tophat, silenced, stevey, Nickmitch, Insanolord, Stratos, Stevey, lolmonade, mop it up, thatguy and then finally Khushrenada.

So basically I want you to go down the line and kill that person in that order. If someone is killed and they are next on my list then I want you to go to the next one. Same with vote outs. If say tophat is voted out today you go and kill silenced. Understand?

This was my original hit list that I had before I decided to just send in kills each night. I guess I had stevey in there twice for some reason and left out pokepal.   Looks like just going by the days and how they  unfolded I would of killed Silenced and Stratos by the end of the 3rd day. Mop it up would of come later.
Alexis, she/her/Miss