Author Topic: Episode 70 - NXMAS AWAKENS  (Read 2475 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 70 - NXMAS AWAKENS
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »

It's long...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/41691/episode-70-nxmas-awakens

Welcome to a special Christmas edition of the Famicast where we barely even mention Christmas at all! Though if two special features and a bonus special feature aren’t Christmas presents for you lucky, lucky listeners then I don’t know what is. As usual we kick things of with what we’ve all been playing recently. Danny seems confused to find he was playing Lost Reavers, James once again shocks by playing Splatoon and Mario Maker, Sairus gives himself carpal tunnel syndrome on Kid Icarus Uprising and Ty tries out the indie hit Undertale.

In a relatively quiet news week we touch on Nintendo finally giving into James’ demands for a WiiU edition of Minecraft and Sairus rambles on about Pokken Tournament updates. The whole crew also give their opinions on the recent and final Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct announcements of new characters and costumes.

In the first of two special features we look back on the history of Nintendo’s consoles and how so many of their design decisions were shaped by a focus on the Japanese lifestyle and not Western markets. Will this trend continue with the NX?

The second feature sees us going through our Nintendo gameplay logs to see exactly what games had our attention this year. Ty also gives us a profoundly disturbing look at his Xbox habits. We also encourage all our listeners to do the same and let us know how your year panned out!

In a final bonus segment, the Famicrew are joined by a guest host from a long time ago in a prefecture… actually quite close to everyone else, to talk about the 2nd most popular movie in Japanese cinemas this Christmas - Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Famicast 70 - NXMAS AWAKENS
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »
You don't HOLD 3DS when playing Kid Icarus. Stand should have been a hint.

Put it on a table, or on a lap.

7 difficulty and up simply wouldn't work with slow and inaccurate dual analog controls.

It's elementary.

If you can't handle you can always put it on 3 difficulty.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Cellsai

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:23:49 PM »
Unfortunately I do virtually all of my 3DS gaming on cramped Japanese trains, so if it's actually unplayable outside of table/laps I'm never likely to really play Kid Icarus again.
Playing it with analogs would just make the game feel awkward so I'm not going that route. Oh well~

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 10:50:10 PM »
Unfortunately I do virtually all of my 3DS gaming on cramped Japanese trains, so if it's actually unplayable outside of table/laps I'm never likely to really play Kid Icarus again.
I can play Kid Icarus on a bus to work by putting it on a lap. It's a very spacious bus though.

Too bad playing ANY game (let alone stereoscopical 3d) while on a transport gives me a headache but that is another problem entirely.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
In case some of you skipped the Star Wars bit (or are saving it for after you've seen the movie) we asked for your top 10 WiiU/3DS lists from 2015 based on your activity logs!
Feel free to post them here on the forum or email them to us at the usual address (famicast@...)

Famicrew OUT till 2016!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.