Author Topic: Episode 694: Super Mario's 3D Package  (Read 928 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 694: Super Mario's 3D Package
« on: October 11, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »

Let's-a go!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/55199/episode-694-super-marios-3d-package

This week we start the show with a quick review of the Treehouse Live video on Pikmin 3 and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Only Greg actually watched the thing, so it's a pretty quick review.

After that, we dive into the mailbag. This week we: determine if a chastened Ubisoft is still a valued partner, breakdown who is responsible for all our bad episode titles, identify sequels that made us rethink the original game, name three redeeming qualities of Super Mario Sunshine, and kidnap a dev team from the past and bring them to the present.

You can plot our heists by sending an email.

It's RetroActive time. We're talking on Super Mario 64 on October 22. Posting your thoughts here.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 694: Super Mario's 3D Package
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:05:20 AM »
I liked the Ubisoft discussion.

This episode made me realise I don't pay enough attention to episode titles.

Offline willmcdono

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 694: Super Mario's 3D Package
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
Thanks for the ongoing examination into both the seductive facets of Mario's 3D Package and also the areas where, shall we say, the sun don't shine? Personally, I am enjoying all three and looking forward to hearing more discussion about the divergence in Nintendo platformer design, and games in general, which Mario ushered in with his 3d debut.