Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186309 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »
Cheaters 7/10

I'm sad I've never actually seen this show.. the most I've seen were clips on Talk The Soup and I've LOVED 'em. My favorite was when they caught this one guy in the middle of his bondage fetish. The dominatrix had him bent over on the bed and was in the middle of whipping him when they burst thru the motel door and his/her (they were debating whether or not the dominatrix was a woman lol) reaction was PRICELESS. I think the gimp had a gimp mask on, but i'm not positive, but i'm sure the look on his face was just as epic. He runs out after his gf/fiance, with his hands tied and his little bondage outfit, and begs for forgiveness. He also tried to claim that he was doing those acts for the benefit of the relationship, claimed he had some intimacy issues he had to work out lol
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
Cheaters 7/10

I'm sad I've never actually seen this show.. the most I've seen were clips on Talk The Soup and I've LOVED 'em. My favorite was when they caught this one guy in the middle of his bondage fetish. The dominatrix had him bent over on the bed and was in the middle of whipping him when they burst thru the motel door and his/her (they were debating whether or not the dominatrix was a woman lol) reaction was PRICELESS. I think the gimp had a gimp mask on, but i'm not positive, but i'm sure the look on his face was just as epic. He runs out after his gf/fiance, with his hands tied and his little bondage outfit, and begs for forgiveness. He also tried to claim that he was doing those acts for the benefit of the relationship, claimed he had some intimacy issues he had to work out lol

I saw that one when it aired on Cheaters. Classic TV moment and the guy is lucky he was wearing a mask. It was so obviously a tranny dom that it was just disgusting. So many great TV moments have been had on that show. You chould check it out if you get the chance. It comes on G4tv all the time and Fox Reality channel too i think.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
How many times do you guys have to make me feel inferior for not having:

-"good" cable channels
-tivo/dvr service
-netflix
-a decent computer with the ability to use sites like hulu

???
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »
Some other good moments from cheaters is when this guy finds out that his girl is sleeping with her male cousin, or when some girl gets caught and flips the whole thing back onto her husband and gives him the guilt trip to where he started apologizing. There was also another one where some old school playa (black man) got caught while with the other woman and basically told his woman to either get with the program or bounce. He really put her in her place, it was kinda funny.

Then there where these two episodes that involved same sex cheating. The first one, this guy finds his fiance tied up to the bed with three other girl massaging her with oils and dildos and getting really really kinky. She tried to say it was for him or some bullshit, but I don't think she invited him to join in.
In the next one, this guy finds his girl sleeping with another woman, he confronts her and both women invite him to join in and he can have 2 women. I was surprised to see him say NO. You just never know what you're gonna see on that show.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »
How many times do you guys have to make me feel superior for having better things to do than watch TV all day?

???
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
How many times do you guys have to make me feel superior for having better things to do than watch TV all day?

???

Like armchair mod the forums and post here all day?

Lucky for me I get to do 3 things all day long.
Work(mostly from home), watch TV(or movies) & surf the net. all at the same time.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »
Since i don't watch tv all day long, does that make me superior too?

???

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »
So taking the vudu route; Yes, I am superior to everyone here that watches too much tv ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:38 AM »
The only drama I could give an unqualified 10/10 would be Star Trek: Deep Space 9. If you're not a Star Trek fan you may have some kind of preconceived notion of what the series is, and chances are you're way off when it comes to Deep Space 9. DS9 is unlike any other Star Trek; it's by far the best written, and somehow manages to simultaneously be the darkest Trek and the funniest Trek. There's so much more story depth and character development in DS9 than in any other Trek series or movie. I'd say that there are fewer than 5 episodes of the series that aren't at least very good, and the Dominion War storyline that takes place over the latter half of the series is amazing. I'm a big fan of Star Trek in general, but I'd put Deep Space 9 head and shoulders over anything else the series has ever done.

Nope, sorry, lifelong Trekkie here, and urong. The best show, by far, was Next Generation. It basically laid the foundation for every Star Trek that came afterward. TOS has its place, but it's almost too campy to revisit. Star Trek is about diplomacy, peace, and exploration: Next Generation basically defined each term. DS9 tried and succeeded for awhile, but when the Gem'Hadar/Founders/Federation war started dragging beyond two seasons, things quickly went downhill. Religion was also a heavy theme in DS9 (Bajoran gods) which didn't gel with the rest of the series (or franchise). It eventually turned into something of a soap opera.

Voyager inhereted Next Generation's mantle and, for a time, provided a worthy follow-up. Then the Borg thing happened. Always with the goddamn Borg in Voyager. Toward the end of the show, it was Borg Borg Borg. That annoyed me. The first four (maybe five) seasons were great. The exploration of Seven as a disconnected Borg was great, but they didn't need to, afterwards, Borgify the entire show.

Anyway.

I just started Home Movies. You'll only like this show if you liked Dr. Katz (which I did): it's by the same people, but a little more plot-driven. My favorite part of Katz was the interaction between Dr. Katz and his son, I ddin't so much like the therapy sessions, which were just comedians doing their routines. Home Movies removes that aspect of the show and focuses on the characters, which I like.

The Next Generation is very overrated. At it's best it's unbelievably great but most of the time it's probably my least favorite Trek series.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:47 AM »
the big bang theory 3/10, l had to change the channel its like a really long star trek geek snl skit that isn't that good. I didn't even stay to see if they leave the house, but i doubt they do.

...wait i thought this was a new show...i just wikipedia's it and its been on for 3 seasons....Tv guide totally made it out to be new.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:25:19 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
The Middleman: 9/10

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 12:48:29 AM »
Defying Gravity 8/10 pretty good, a little slow...i just hope they don't cancel it!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2009, 12:22:21 AM »
I haven't seen mention of Ghost Whisperer yet.
The premise is a girl can see ghosts and she tries to get the ghosts to cross over. I've seen a few episodes and I like what I have seen thus far. 8/10
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »
The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien infinity/10.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »
The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien infinity/10.

That's not nearly high enough.

NewsRadio - 9.5/10

I just recently finished watching through the whole series and it's a great one. A really great ensemble cast featuring the great Phil Hartman and the very underrated Stephen Root along with some other very good actors and actresses. An extremely well-written show, I'd call it the greatest live-action TV comedy ever.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »
News Radio was the ****, so was "Working" with Fred Savage. I can't believe that show got canceled so quickly.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »
News Radio was the ****, so was "Working" with Fred Savage. I can't believe that show got canceled so quickly.

:thumbs up; x2

The office attraction episode of Working was so true.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
It's Seinfeld that's the greatest live-action sitcom ever.

I just watched the pilot of "Glee." It's got real potential. Loved the ending (DON'T STOP...BELIEVING!), but the all-vocals soundtrack bothers me. It's what kept me from enjoying "10 Items or Less" (well, that and the writing), and I don't like it here, either.

I'm liking the third season of "Mad Men" so far, too. Christine Hendricks may have the best figure on television today.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »
Seinfeld's a great show, but there are definitely a couple I'd put ahead of it. Maybe it's just because I've seen every Seinfeld too many times but that hasn't stopped me from putting The Simpsons in the number one slot.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »
The Simpsons sucks hasn't been good for more years than it's was good.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »
That's irrelevant and also depends on where you put the line for where it stopped being good. Personally, while I think it stopped being great around season 10 I'd say it was still good until 12 or 14. Even then, seasons 3-9 are the 7 best seasons of any TV show ever. No one's forcing you to watch the newer stuff.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
I don't even watch the older stuff.

I've never really been a Simpsons fan. It can be entertaining, but I never really found it funny all that often. There are definitely episodes that I like, but those were far and few inbetween. Not enough to keep me into the show for the last 18 or so seasons.

I've read threads of Simpson fans talking about the show, and most of them have agreed that the show has been lacking for atleast 8 or more years. So while I haven't watched the show(outside of an episode or 3 or 4) in more than 6-7 years, I know I'm not the only one to feel the show has not been what it used to be for quite a long time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:08:52 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »
No, it hasn't been good for a while. Like I said, I'd say it was good through season 12 or 14, season 21 starts pretty soon.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »
is it really upto season 21 already!?

I can't wait to see what the complete collectors edition is gonna look like and cost whenever this show finally decides to end. I can't wait till Futurama comes back. It was like the Simpsons only funny since they didn't have to be grounded in reality. I'm sure the Simpson writers have run out of fresh ideas a long time ago and are just running on auto-pilot. I'm sure they could really use something different like Futurama to allow a little more creative freedom to bring the funny back.