Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Anyone else buying the new Smash controller for actual GameCube games?

(1/4) > >>

SpiritMask:
So, the most exciting news lately for me is the announcement of new 1st party GameCube controllers! I have been using my one GC controller for both my GC and N64 (with Raphnet adapter) backlogs, and I've been getting worried about what I will do when the controller wears out, or if I need more for multiplayer games. New GameCube controllers are like $100 on eBay! So yeah, this announcement is the best ever, and they are only going to be $30! Now if they would only make more N64 controllers...

nickmitch:
To be honest, I'm more likely to use the ones I got for Smash 4 than my old controllers, which are still in good/ok shape, should the opportunity arise to use them on a GC. 

That being said, I probably won't get a Smash U controller unless they put them out in Spice Orange.

Khushrenada:
I probably will if they have rumble included. If not then I'll pass. I can still see used GameCube controllers sell for $10-20 in my area so if I need another I can always try that source. However, if these new ones do include rumble, my hope is that Nintendo (or a third party) will make some with character specific types. For example:

I was seriously thinking of buying these when I first saw them only to learn they connect into a Wiimote so they can't be used for a GameCube system and that they didn't have rumble. I got the Mario character specific Wiimotes that Nintendo released (although I really wish they had released Wario, Waluigi and Daisy themed controllers instead of so much green with Luigi, Yoshi and Bowser). I like to have different colors in controllers. Or maybe some new Spice colored controllers. After all, he who controls the spice controls the universe!

Khushrenada:
Ha ha ha! I just read nickmitch's post after making mine and see that he also agrees about new Spice controllers. That's great! The spice controllers must flow!

nickmitch:
And Purple!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version