Poll

Endgame to break $1B Worldwide in it's Opening Weekend? (2 Polls in 1)

Whatever it Takes!! - I'm on that HYPE Train #$1BWW OW
No way, but it might get close (less than $1B but more than IW)
.... (don't pick this option - but DO VOTE in the 2nd Poll too)
(2nd Poll) This will beat Avatar in B.O. Gross
(2nd Poll) Won't beat Avatar, but will beat Titanic
(2nd Poll) Won't have the legs to top Cameron, but sit in a nice 3rd place

Author Topic: Endgame to take ALL the Records (50% not enough) Fastest to $2B WW!!? 11 Days!?  (Read 10786 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
First it was Fandango, and we know how crazy Pre-Sale ticket day was with sites crashing repeatedly

found a graphic for AMC specific sales to support the craziness

Here are some Over Seas Pre-Sales Records being broken...
ALL ABOARD!!!!! HYPE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION!!!

Next stop.... $1B WW OW #Endgame

In China: Endgame does in 1hr of ticket presales what IW took 24hrs to accomplish
In China: Endgame does in 2hrs of ticket presales what IW  took 48hrs to accomplish
In China: Endgame sells more presale tickets in 6 hrs than IW did in more than 5 days!!!?

and China releases Endgame on Wed April 24th..... it's a LOOONG WEEKEND FOR ENDGAME!!!

oh... and one more thing. China hasn't even opened up all the seats on the HYPE TRAIN yet!!!?

More seats opening up on China's HYPE Train to Endgame!!!

Endgame about to do some serious money in China.
I just wonder how much of all these pre-sales turn in to "opening weekend" viewing $$
vs just movie being sold out for the first few weeks of 24hr round the clock viewings. LOL

edit: ...oh, well then. OW it is then.

edit 5:

edit 2: and the Philippines ain't missing this train. LOL

according to Reddit, Philippine theaters are even offering perks for this Opening Weekend 24hr a day run, such as Buy 3 Tix get free Popcorn and Soda or unlimited refills for either.

edit 3: And we all know how much S. Korea LOVES them some Marvel

total ticket sales chart

Quote from:  boxoffice reddit
Tomorrow will see the release of Premium formats, providing a further boost which should propel Endgame to over a 1 million tickets, joining Infinity War as the only other movie to pass the mark. Difference being Endgame will do it in its 3rd day of presales, not the night before release! It will therefore also surpass Age of Ultron's final take tomorrow.
Barring a massive slowdown, it is currently on track for 1.8 - 2.0 million tickets presold, which is an absolutely phenomenal number given Infinity War had the previous best at ~1.15m tickets.

edit 4: Brazil breaking records too - Endgame HYPE is critical right now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/beg7t6/other_avengers_endgame_hit_record_in_brazil_900/
Avengers Endgame hit record in Brazil: 900 of 2700 sessions are already sold out, double of total Infinity War pre-sale
Highlights:

Avengers Endgame has already sold double the tickets compared to all the anticipated sale of Infinity War;

In the first hour of pre-sale, Endgame sold more than the first full day of Infinity War;

In just 3 DAYS, Endgame surpassed the total amount of tickets sold throughout the pre-sale Infinity War;

1/3 of Endgame sessions are already sold out.

Here is some numbers for Spain:

and more early Hype
Avengers: Endgame..... $1B opening weekend!!?

ENdgame Pre-Sale ticket outpace Infinity war 5 to 1
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-advance-ticket-sales-set-new-record-1200866?utm_source=Direct

Avengers: Endgame’ has sold nearly twice as many advance tickets as ‘Aquaman,’ ‘The Last Jedi,’ ‘Infinity War’ and ‘Captain Marvel’ combined
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/09/avengers-endgame-is-smashing-box-office-records-advance-ticket-sales.html

Some theaters have expanded showtimes to 24 hour runs.... probably using all available screens, at least for opening weekend.

Anyone think this will top the B.O. All Time Highest Grosser list? Will this best Avatar?
Will Endgame break $2.8B?

So who is on the $1Billion World Wide Opening Weekend HYPE Train!?
Who thinks this could sit atop the All Time Highest Grossing Movie List?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:10:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and the "hand of Thanos" demands that you vote in more than 50% of the 2 in 1 poll.

quickly now.... before he SNAPS!!!

edit: and in Vietnam.....
https://old.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/beyzj4/international_in_less_than_24h_of_presales/
In less than 24h of presales, Avengers Endgame sold 200K tickets in Vietnam, quadripled Infinity War 3-day number of 50K

I believe that's around $16M (100k in tix = ~$8M)
several more days of pre-sales to go.... could double up.
I don't know what their record is out there, but I'm sure it's likely to broken next weekend. LOL
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:05:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The fact that the Endgame curve isn't even the same shape is ridiculous.  Like, it's a log curve and not a parabola.  That's insane.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Some pre-sale news from S. Korea

Yesterday:

Today: New S. Korean Pre-Sales Record #Endgame

and an update to the CHINA CHART!!! The Snappening Part 2
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:30:52 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I watched the entire Kakao Talk Avengers End Game celebration.  It was really nice, but Jeremy Renner looked high the entire time.  Like he didn't know where he was or what he was doing.  It was hilarious.  Brie Larson and Robert Downy Jr. were the highlights. 

What was really amazing and shows how amazing a person he is.  Was after the event, they were being led off the stage to their next event.  He actually went back on, and had an unscripted message to give the fans.  He basically said, 10 years ago was his first visit to Korea and many people were just kids then.  But now they are adults and he can see them following their dreams with a passion and not to give up.  This is a message Korea really needs to hear now. He said he loves this country and I actually believe him.  It was a great message and it makes me want to support him and Marvel more. 

Way to go. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
India getting in on the Endgame HYPE Train

and China's Pre-Sales Record continue's to grow!!!
Pre-Sales = „500M [$74.58M]

Every „100M = ~$15M
Previous record was F8 w/ „62.71M [$9.11M]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm just gonna leave this here....
https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-box-office-advance-ticket-sales-opening-weekend-records-1202599744/
‘Avengers: Endgame’ Presales Estimated At $120M+; $300M Domestic Opening In Play

TFA was estimated to be at just north of $100M a t this point prior to release.
some outlets estimating Endgame at +$140M......

#ALLTHERECORDS

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

Its happening. The Snappening.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:41:55 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
https://gfycat.com/eagerfewafricanwildcat

Can't post as a gif, but very relevant to the thread.

Another record.... the amount of screens for a movie opening:
https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-global-box-office-opening-projection-1-billion-1202599885/
Disney reports that Endgame will play on an industry record of 4,600 theaters coast to coast in U.S./Canada with screenings kicking off on Thursday at 6PM.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:56:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Final Pre Sales from Korea (pssst is a new record)

(pssst.... Doubled the previous record 😉)

edit: news from China....

(pssst record SHATTERED)

but the good news is that.....

The SNAP never happened!!!! The SNAPPENING is NO MORE!! LOL

But Holy **** China O_o
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-first-day-box-office-china-1203196389/

About 9 p.m. local time in China, the Marvel finale had hauled in $102 million (RMB681 million) at the box office, including midnight and wee-hour showings that began Tuesday night and into early Wednesday, according to China Box Office. That easily gives it the record for the biggest opening day in Chinese history
Update....
https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenge...-weekend-international-box-office-1202600409/

As of just before 10PM local time, early estimates were coming in at RMB 719M ($107M), including midnights, for the first day

edit: Opening Day Record broke in the Philippines
http://cnnphilippines.com/entertainment/2019/4/25/Avengers-day-one.html?fbclid=IwAR3wW53EyWbEWSfDz7EwGccdMYrajAM5MvMe_FBpnN0PuVA-cH1-MvJ5SE8
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:09:38 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I was going to try watch Avengers: Endgame on Saturday, May 4 to avoid the first weekend crowd, but I suspected it’ll be the pretty busy for the first few weeks anyway. I already almost saw a couple spoilers because The Youtube keeps suggesting spoiler videos taken on smartphones. I just went ahead and bought tickets for this Saturday because I just can’t risk it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I was going to try watch Avengers: Endgame on Saturday, May 4 to avoid the first weekend crowd, but I suspected it’ll be the pretty busy for the first few weeks anyway. I already almost saw a couple spoilers because The Youtube keeps suggesting spoiler videos taken on smartphones. I just went ahead and bought tickets for this Saturday because I just can’t risk it.

Another ticket for Opening Weekend. Surprised you found one. Must not've been assigned seating though. I don't think I will ever not do assigned seating again for movies like this. NO more waiting in line for me.

#1BWWOW  #dontspoiltheEndgame

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Another ticket for Opening Weekend. Surprised you found one. Must not've been assigned seating though. I don't think I will ever not do assigned seating again for movies like this. NO more waiting in line for me.

#1BWWOW  #dontspoiltheEndgame
Two tickets! And it was assigned seating. There were tons of tickets. No idea what happened.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Probably a bunch of people that snapped up every available ticket they could get, and then when they realized that their didn't have that many friends, nor did they know that many people that would either want to go with them or just buy the tickets off them.... they cancelled the order leaving a bunch open seats at the last minute.  Greedy bastards.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
From this morning....

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Probably a bunch of people that snapped up every available ticket they could get, and then when they realized that their didn't have that many friends, nor did they know that many people that would either want to go with them or just buy the tickets off them.... they cancelled the order leaving a bunch open seats at the last minute.  Greedy bastards.

I have no doubt it’ll be a packed theater regardless.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
It set the record for opening Thursday ($60 million)...$1 billion is totally in play
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
There's an estimate of over $100M for Friday as well.
We looking at $300M+ OW US, $325M OW China, and possibly $1.1B WW OW

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:28:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
“Ow” indeed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
So, I had to watch the movie this afternoon because when I went to watch it last night I could not find a seat. It was a "seat taken" Forest Gump shitshow. So, I got a refund and watched it today.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm playing catch up... As work commands 150% of my attention all day, but DAAAAYUM GINA
https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $140M+ Opening Day; Unprecedented $315M-$330M Weekend – Midday B.O. Update

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ok... midday update has been slapped down with a late night update instead.... 0_o

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/
same link.... updated headline.

3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $157M 1st Day; Unheard Of $349M 3-Day; Overall Weekend B.O. At All-Time $392M+

and we only in Friday... wait till the Sunday estimates come out.

another update from Deadline:
Industry estimates as of last night for Friday stand at $157.5M (including $60M record previews), which is $38.4M more than Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ opening and single day record of $119.1M. And as for the weekend, this morning the range is between $349M-$356Moff the widest theatrical release ever of 4,662. Saturday is expected to ease between -30% and -35% for a take between $102M-$110M.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:44:00 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
As of right now.... Endgame is set to make more this weekend BY ITSELF, than any other collective of movies on any other weekend ever.

Top 12 Gross = Gross Box Office of the Top 12 Movies ranking that weekend
New Movies = # of new movies that released that weekend
#1 Movie - obviously the top grossing movie of that weekend
Gross = Gross of the Top grossing movie
% of Total = percentage of total Top 12 gross that #1 top grossing movie of the weekend made

ENDGAME is about to ECLIPSE all of them.... all by itself.
and in some theaters.... Endgame is the only movie playing. LOL
and also know that, Captain Marvel is the #1 grossing movie for movies not released this week.....

edit: and Deadline updated again....
same link as previous post:
3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $158M+ 1st Day; Unheard Of $349M-$356M 3-Day; Overall Weekend Biz Nearing $400M
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:01:00 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Final update for now....

"Day 1"

International / WW