Author Topic: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 w/ M+  (Read 42501 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 w/ M+
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »
A better comparison would be Kobe Bryant.  He is a fellow sports superstar who cheated on his wife and was even accused of rape, something Tiger is not, and he is back on the ad train after laying low for a bit.
This is a speed bump for Tiger and while companies may avoid him in the very very near term that is it.

I can't remember the last Kobe endorsement I saw.  Maybe a Sprite commercial like 5 years ago?

You're obviously not paying attention.
A quick google search for "Kobe ads" gave me more than three different American ads with big companies like Nike and Vitamin Water (I even searched on Chinese google).  Some of the ads are even with Lebron James, another huge star that wouldn't sully his ad name with an unpopular player.  I can certainly tell you he is in a ton of overseas marketing first hand as well.

People stopped caring too much about infidelity after the Clinton years.  It just isn't that big a deal anymore (at least outside the beginning gossip phase).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:19:16 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
How many marketable black people are there in the PGA?
Why does TAG Heuer, Gillette, Cadillac or Accenture need a black golfer as a spokesperson?  Tiger's not likely to lose his Nike sponsorship, but there are lot of others that are likely to be on shaky ground.

You're obviously not paying attention.
A quick google search for "Kobe ads" gave me more than three different American ads with big companies like Nike and Vitamin Water
A sponsorship doesn't count for much if there aren't any ads to go along with it.

People stopped caring too much about infidelity after the Clinton years.  It just isn't that big a deal anymore (at least outside the beginning gossip phase).
There's a difference between having an affair and cheating on your spouse with over a dozen partners.

EDIT:  OH HAY, LOOK AT THIS

As a result of his infidelity, Woods' U.S. popularity has plummeted according to a USA Today/Gallup poll taken in December 2009. The poll found that his "favorable" rating fell to 33 percent in December from 85 percent in June 2005, and 88 percent in 2000, and his "unfavorable" rating climbed to 57 percent in December from 8 percent in 2005.
Source.

Granted, this is public over-reaction, and the after things calm down his image will improve, but it will never return to where it once was.  Once you lose the respect of the public at large it's not easy to get it back.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 06:49:57 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »
Tiger's new title is officially, "Blaster Master."
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »
Now that Tiger is taking a year off of golf, if I had to bet, I'd bet on no Tiger 2010 next year.  Which really isn't a huge deal, considering aside from the Wii version, its basically the same game each year.

Maybe they'll give us a full fledged Disc Golf game instead.  Pleaaaaaase!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »
We don't know how long he will be out (he never said how long he will be out). Even if he is out though, i'm not sure EA Sports would shelve the game for a year. EA Sports hasn't stopped releasing Madden NFL despite John Madden retiring (and they have even said they may keep the name after he dies).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »
And Nike hasn't stopped releasing Air Jordans even though MJ don't play no more.