Author Topic: Should nintendo host developer events to get more people on too their platfoms?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
So with AAA's mostly ignoring Nintendo platforms its up to Nintendo along with indie and mid range platforms to hold the system down. With that said should Nintendo host some sort of developer event too entice these types of developers to do more with the Nintendo platforms
I pose this question after seeing the good response on Twitter to Nintendo at GDC and the Ideame event as a whole seemed to be a success. Nintendo has been doing a lot of indie and Mid teir development but it seems that it hasn't been adopted as much as it could have. (kickstarters aside) I was pretty dumb founded while listening to this week's 8-4 play podcast and Chris Kohlar and Ryan Peyton were railing against the Wii U and seemed to ignore or not know of all the good Nintendo has been doing around the eshop.

So with that in mind I think Nintendo hosting a 2-3 event based upon getting more developers to the platform would be a success. Many companies already do this and even the smallest companies usually get good  support from these.

So something similar to ideame with more Nintendo GDC input could be really cool for getting the ecosystem a boost in developers. Doing something like this Nintendo could postion themselves as the console where Mid Teir and indie development could thrive. Have an event in each major region and it could do a lot of good for getting the word out their.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile

Offline Fjurbanski

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
Well it certainly wouldn't hurt.
Add me on Wii U. : ) --> FJUrban

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I believe they just did one in Spain.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Everything I know about Spain I learned from Resident Evil 4.

Lord Saddler...

¡Mátalo!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:08:32 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Everything I know about Spain I learned from Resident Evil 4.

Lord Saddler...

¡Mátalo!

Well my friend as an Spanish descendant, there is a lot more than creepy villagers up in the Iberian penninsula :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308