Author Topic: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Drops In December 8  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Drops In December 8
« on: August 26, 2020, 06:24:32 AM »

Good news: 4 player online. Bad news: The story mode is back.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/54727/puyo-puyo-tetris-2-drops-in-december-8

An early Switch puzzle game is getting a sequel this holiday season.

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 was announced in the Direct Mini Partner Showcase for release on December 8, with preloads available today. New additions to the game are expanded online (including 4 player games) and a Skill Battle mode, as well as a new story.

The first run editions of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 will come with skill cards to be used in the Skill Battle mode, including Sonic the Hedgehog themed ones.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Drops In December 8
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
Is there still a market for this with Tetris 99 on Switch? I was interested in picking up the launch game at some point if the price was right but with Tetris 99 now I no longer saw the need for it. There's also a Puyo Puyo game on SNES Switch Online if you want your fix for that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 04:55:25 PM »
I recall holding off on the first title around the Switch launch. Then after Tetris 99 was released, I removed it from my Wish List. For those who want it (that online 4 player looks like a good time), cool. I think I'm gonna pass though.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 06:32:30 PM »
I was hoping for a brand new, standalone Puyo game since I find the series a whole lot more fun than Tetris, but I'm happy for this too.  Also, the first game's story mode was pretty funny--don't go dissing it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 07:10:47 PM »
Tetris 99 is fine for online, but I do eventually want to get a local multiplayer version of Tetris for playing with friends at home, as the dynamic of local 4-player Tetris is much different. Puyo Puyo Tetris can still fill a niche spot in some people's libraries.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 09:51:08 PM »
I was hoping for a brand new, standalone Puyo game since I find the series a whole lot more fun than Tetris, but I'm happy for this too.  Also, the first game's story mode was pretty funny--don't go dissing it.

Did you grab Puyo Puyo Champions, by chance? I know it's been ludicrously cheap before.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
Did you grab Puyo Puyo Champions, by chance? I know it's been ludicrously cheap before.

That was online-focused. I was hoping for a full-blown new entry with lots of modes, kind of like the Puyo Puyo 15th and 20th Anniversary games. But I'm still glad to see this coming.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »
Four-player support definitely felt like something missing from the original, so it's good to see that. I hope there are some more new modes like Fusion, which was the most interesting part of the first game.