Author Topic: the apprentice  (Read 5805 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
the apprentice
« on: April 08, 2004, 06:53:20 PM »
has anyone here been watching the Donald and his new nbc show??? i have a love hate relationship with reality tv. some are done well and some are done poorly, but this one is pretty well i think. whats the deal with omorosa's stupidity?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:the apprentice
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 11:17:24 PM »
I would love to shoot the person who invented reality television. Does that count?

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: the apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 03:02:16 AM »
I have heard of the show just for the fact that he is trying to get "You're Fired" copyrighted.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 03:36:53 AM »
I don't know about shooting the inventer of the TV, but the moron that created Survivor and started the reality TV craze certainly deserves a painful death. He should be tied to a large tree and then tickets should be sold to viewers so they can take 3 swings at his person with the weapon of their choice.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 04:24:46 PM »
Reality TV is teh suXX0rs, d00ds.  Though the VH1 look at Fear Factor was decently decent.  Not the best I've seen on VH1, though, probably among my favorite channels.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 11:54:53 AM »
I think it was us Brits who started the reality TV craze with the first Big Brother. WE also stared Who wants to be a millionair, and mad cow's disease.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 12:45:17 PM »
You are giving me reasons to hate the land of Tolkien's birth. Stop now, or I'll kill ya. I know where you live. And if I don't, you live on an island. I have to find you eventually.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 01:03:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Jale
I think it was us Brits who started the reality TV craze with the first Big Brother. WE also stared Who wants to be a millionair, and mad cow's disease.

Actually, I'm very sure Real World has several years on Big Brother.  Real World dates back to about 1992.  

As far as wanting death to the creators of reality tv, the work is half done as the co-creator of Real World, Mary-Ellis Bunim died earlier this year.  

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 04:30:58 PM »
What began as an edgy, in your face pseudo documentary-style show that was "The Real World"; that once went against the grain, has become part of what I call "Cultural Erosion." The network suits are still scratching their heads why Television viewing is down? Because I'm sick of whiny, sleazy, young adults bitching and moaning(And live in fabuously furnished homes), when they really have nothing to bitch about. "OMG I soooo cannot stand [insert name here]. They like, cramp my style."

[Cue footage of said people cursing at each other, bleeped of course.]

If you were homeless, hungry, and on the verge of death, yeah you have some Sh!t to bitch about.

Its as if people are hell-bent on getting their 15 minutes. I'm not going to look down on people who watch it; that's not fair.

Its times like these I'm glad I have my 'Cube; take that Survivor! Take that Newlyweds! While Jessica Simpson is still trying to figure out if tuna is made of out chicken, I'm basking in the glory of MGS or Eternal Darkness.  I can only hope that this is just a phase...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 08:55:41 PM »
I said this in another thread:

I consider reality TV to be one of the worst inventions, ever....

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »
I watched one episode of the Apprentice, the finale
and it was really good.

of course that doesn't take my hatred away from Trump,
the egomaniac of the world, who spends 250 million just to renovate
for building a golf course with his name on it, while millions
of children starve to death everyday.

he flies around in his personal helicopter with his name
displayed all over it, and thinks he's a good guy because
he donated 25,000 to charity, a charity which of course
had his name at the beginning of it.

it just makes me sick that people worship the ground he walks on
when he is one of the worst people in the world.

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 03:33:28 PM »
Well, the show has been renewed for a second and three season.

Edit: Here is a link  just incase anyone is interested....

Offline TrailerMan

• View Profile
Re: the apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »
I'm so glad they finaly took this show off. The plotlines were getting extremely outlandish. All these new characters, All these characters constantly getting fired. It was getting hard to keep up.
The virus plotline they added to the show towards the end was very reminicent of The Stand. And then wow that season finale. The writers had hinted at it, but I didn't think they would actually make that the plotline.
The name change for the show was one of the most jarring things. Also, many of those things said above are soo soo true. Especially the quote from Joeamis

I watched one episode of the Apprentice, the finale
and it was really good.

of course that doesn't take my hatred away from Trump,
the egomaniac of the world, who spends 250 million just to renovate
for building a golf course with his name on it, while millions
of children starve to death everyday.

he flies around in his personal helicopter with his name
displayed all over it, and thinks he's a good guy because
he donated 25,000 to charity, a charity which of course
had his name at the beginning of it.

it just makes me sick that people worship the ground he walks on
when he is one of the worst people in the world.

You're such a prophet. You said this way back when the show started 17 years ago. You were way ahead of your time. This is one
of the greatest characters to break bad in the history of television. A far greater villain than Walter White. Innovative show. The use of Kayfabe. It was like
a cross between curb your enthusiasm and WWE. The viral marketing campaigns were genius. All good shows must end though.

I said this in another thread:

I consider reality TV to be one of the worst inventions, ever....

QFT. Who knew reality TV would be the best way to create an alternate reality exploration experience?

Remember folks. No political talk. This is a discussion strictly about the show The Apprentice.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: the apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »