Poll

How many games should Season 4 of Safe Words consist of?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
Q
1 (10%)
I was told there would be no voting. What is this? Mafia?
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 02, 2022, 11:03:31 AM

Author Topic: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)  (Read 36341 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 7)
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2022, 08:02:20 PM »
Folks here know that Khush’s dedication to the forums is solid, but not something you would win an award for. Khush on the other hand was willing to believe such recognition was deserved when the camera crews arrived at his home with an over sized check for his ersatz “Best Poster” award.
The joke seemed to go over so well, ShyGuy continued to do the same thing year after year. Since Khushrenada never visited YouTube he didn’t ever catch on that it was a prank,

Wait! WHAT?!?!

These Best Poster Awards and other Forum Trophies look pretty real to me....

Am I the one who's been wrong this whole time?

No! It's obviously the host who's wrong!

Phew! I was worried there for a moment.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »

I am going to save this quote for future games. ;)

Also, we are ready to start the next round by asking Khushrenada, which streaming service is the most widely available?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »

I am going to save this quote for future games. ;)

Yep. I was wondering if that little remark may end up becoming a highly quotable phrase around here. ;D  I suppose time will tell…  :-X

And, aw geez, Rick! I gotta choose another Safe Word again? So soon? I just did that like 4 turns ago. :P Can’t I take a break and some other people take a chance at choosing some safe words? Order.RSS has been quiet for awhile and I don’t think I’ve seen Stratos select one yet. Why do they get to take it easy?  ??? Khushrenada always has to do all the work around here….  >:(

Hmmm, well, ShyGuy selected YouTube both times for his safe word and then was eliminated by that choice when he had the opportunity to turn it into a bomb word. Luigi Dude selected YouTube in the first round but has since gone with Twitch twice as his choice of Safe Word. Surely he wouldn’t make the same mistake as ShyGuy and make the last item on the list that he’s been choosing with regularity into the bomb word now….. would he? We all know you don’t throw out the streaming babe with the bath water.

Plus, it’s obviously the most widely available since anyone can access it unlike these other paid subscriptions so on the basis of the question alone, I guess I’ll go with twitchy-twitch Twitch.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 02:25:17 PM »
Khushrenada can watch all his favorite Twitch streamers (Twitchers?) right from the Nintendo switch! Now that is safe.

Perhaps NWR_insanolord can take over this question and give Khushrenada a much deserved break from making decisions. What streaming service is the most widely available?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2022, 02:35:44 PM »

Woo!! Who just punched their ticket to the Final Four? This Game Master!  8)

Time to celebrate!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2022, 06:17:10 PM »
Going with AppleTV+ because I BELIEVE!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 08:29:46 PM »
Are you telling me you are also subscribed to Apple TV and that's what you last used?!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 09:20:54 PM »
I am subscribed to Apple TV+ but it's not the last one I used, since that particular one has already been eliminated.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 10:46:52 PM »
NWR_insanolord is watching Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app, which it is safe to assume is already on all his favorite Apple devices.

How will Mop it up answer the question "Which streaming service is the most widely available?'"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2022, 02:40:37 AM »
C'mon, people! If I controlled the Bomb Word, Insanolord would be out of this game already!  >:(

But that's because in order for me to gain control of the Bomb Word, Insanolord would have to have chosen the non-safe word and been eliminated. Still, it does mean my above statement is accurate so hurry up and give me control of the Bomb Word!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2022, 12:45:38 PM »
Amazon Prime Video!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2022, 05:57:10 PM »
With an Amazon Fire Stick safely in her pocket, Mop it up is ready to watch Amazon Prime Video on any TV with an HDMI input.

I think we have time to ask one more panel member which streaming service they think is the most widely available?. lights, camera, MASB.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2022, 08:41:01 PM »
When I'm sitting next to a crackling fire, I always think of Julie Andrews and  that one special night. Really! One Special Night (1999), a CBS-TV movie we made together.

So beautiful. So talented. So good to be around. Julie's a special lady. I had worked with her previously on The Americanization of Emily (1964) and Victor/Victoria (1982). We seem to make a movie about once every two decades. Getting about time again!

I played a cantankerous construction contractor and Julie was a pediatric cardiologist. They were going for an opposites attract sort of thing and it worked wonderully. Whenever I want to relive that special time, I tune into Peacock!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2022, 10:53:22 PM »
The Americanization of Emily. That's a good one. Everyone should check that one out at some point.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
The Office (NWR edition)
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2022, 04:59:25 PM »
The Office NWR edition

Starring:
  • Bungle4 as Michael Scott
  • Luigi Dude as Jim Halpert
  • Khushrenada as Andy Bernard
  • NWR_Insanolord as Dwight Shrute
  • Mop it up as Pam Beasley
and guest starring James Garner as "Bob the Cable Guy"

Every year Michael gets a few thousand dollars from corporate to improve company morale. I suggested we get some new chairs since these are really uncomfortable but he insisted that the TV was the better idea. The truth is he just really got into that show Entourage. I don’t think he knows that it won’t even have HBO Max. Also, why is Jim always looking at me when I am eating an orange?

Michael says that putting a TV in the break room will increase productivity which just demonstrates how brilliant of a manager he is. I figure the TV will be there 2 weeks before Jan finds out and has it removed. But that is plenty of time to have some fun. I rigged the TV to give an electric shock if someone starts up the Peacock app. Then I told Andy that there is a Cornell Acapella competition on Peacock and I told Dwight that Battlestar Galactica is on there. That last part is actually true by the way.
Pam? Yeah, have you seen the way she eats an orange? It is so cute…don’t tell her I said that.

Big tuna thinks he can trick the Nard dog but I think we all know the Cornell Acapella playoffs don’t start for two more weeks. No, but I am planning to use the new TV. Back at Stamford I was quite the COD player. Ever since I routinely watch players on Twitch to try and beer myself some new techniques. Once I show Angela that I am better than Dwight at first person shooters, she is bound to go out with me.

I was an electrician for 17 years, but had to stop because my heart just can’t take the mild electric shocks you get in that line of work. I am now a cable service technician for the greater Scranton area. I mostly uninstall cable these days. When I asked Mr. Scott what he wanted, he just kept giggling and saying “Skinemax”. Is he really the manager? Oh well, in 4 more days I will retire and none of this will matter.

Michael is way too coddling with the staff. If it were up to me none of these people would even be allowed to watch TV at home. Jim did tell me about Battlestar Galactica, like I would actually watch that through streaming when I have the whole series on Blu-ray. No, the only streaming service I use is Apple TV and that is because it came free with my iPhone. I have been watching the Great Bear Stakeout and laughing at how little everyone knows.

Dunder Mifflin is like a family, and the cable guy was like our adopted child that died while trying to fix the TV…which was his only job. I mean kids shouldn’t be doing such dangerous work. But I think that death is a part of life…maybe the most important part, and that is why we really gave the cable guy life today. I think the real lesson to learn here is that you need to watch where you stick your fingers…that’s what she said.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:15:16 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 8)
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2022, 06:41:54 PM »
Top 4!!!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2022, 07:37:01 PM »
I told my son Bret that there are times when life is good. Money. Women. The world is your oyster!

But there are also times when you are down on your luck, alone and the world seems to be against you.

Then I gave him the best advice possible: Remember that you're a Maverick and as long as you have a good hat to wear, you can face anything and survive until the good times come along again!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2022, 10:14:57 PM »
Before we get started with the next round let's get to know our remaining panel members:

Khushrenada has hosted Safe Words a whopping 12 times! Because of this he has not had that many chances to win as a player. Of the seven games he has played, this is only his second time making it to the final four. His best game was Safe Words 11 where he made it to second place, only to loose to nickmitch. With no nickmitch, perhaps this is Khush's time to shine.

NWR_Insanolord is our returning champion having won Safe Words 18. In addition he has made it to the final four seven times, ending up in second place four of those. Will the reign of insanity continue or is this another 2 to add the pile?

Mop it up has hosted Safe Words twice and came in first place with Safe Words 8. She has also made it to the final four six times. Will this be a second victory for Mop?

This is only Luigi Dude's third game and his first time in the final four, but if the final four rounds are anything like the earlier ones, watch out because Luigi Dude has already taken out 3 other participants.

It is now time to begin our final four questions for the panel. First up, I would like to know what Luigi Dude thinks about this. Which streaming service has the best audio/video quality?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 01:45:11 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:45 PM »

Andy Bernard?! I think I should have been Creed...

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2022, 03:10:50 PM »

Andy Bernard?! I think I should have been Creed...

Good casting was tough because I wanted the story to make sense in terms of the show and the choices people made in the round. Creed is a great character though.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2022, 10:22:42 PM »
I only watch my e-girls in the highest quality so it's got to be Twitch.  That way I can be sure to hear them thanking me for each generous donation I make.  They really do love me, and it's only a matter of time before one of them becomes my real wife.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2022, 11:56:01 PM »
As Luigi Dude grew older his adult responsibilities got in the way of his gaming. After working all day he didn't even have the energy to play games, so he decided to start watching other people play on twitch. The variety of personable people, retro gaming, and the community of other followers drew him in instantly

As Luigi Dude spent more and more time on Twitch, his desire for IRL human connection subsided. He no longer went to bars or night clubs to hang out, but like most single people he longed for a connection. There were a couple of other twitch users that had caught his eye and he flirted back when it seemed appropriate but he always wondered if these people were even real.

When Luigi Dude received a DM simply saying "Let's try Twitch!" from a user named Sweep it down his heart started racing. He was especially interested in them based on common interests in Nintendo games. They started having private chats and she convinced him to start streaming himself. Luigi Dude figured nobody would watch and it would be over quick so he humored her and started streaming. Sweep it down was always there first and seemed like a magnet for other users. After a few weeks of nightly raids, courtesy of Sweep, his subs were in the hundreds.

At this point the fact that these users could all be bots was buried under Luigi's ego, which had been inflated by the accolades he was showered in nightly. With his confidence the highest it had ever been, Luigi Dude proposed that he and Sweep meet IRL. The response he received "Let's try tomorrow!" left him vexed. After cursory inspection of all their previous communications he noticed some strange patterns and was starting to doubt if Sweep was even real. Desperate for answers, Luigi Dude started investigating all the subscribers on twitch and even had a PI hired to look into Sweep it down. Everything he found seemed to support his fears that they were all bots. "How could they do this to me? I'm a human being?" he thought.

In a fit of rage he smashed his monitors and streaming equipment and crashed to the floor like all his hopes and dreams. In the midst of this fracas Luigi Dude acquired some serious cuts and yet somehow there was no blood. Questioning the nature of reality is dangerous for any human, but for an artificial human it is downright catastrophic. Seeing the wires and circuits below his skin, Luigi Dude fell into an existential wormhole. As advanced as his artificial intelligence was, it could not process the most basic fact, that he was just a bot.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Channel 9)
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
That's actually somewhat accurate to my real life. :'(

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2022, 04:08:31 PM »
Luigi Dude is that your actual twitch channel that Bungle linked?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2022, 05:00:00 PM »
Luigi Dude is that your actual twitch channel that Bungle linked?

No I don't have a Twitch channel myself.  I've thought about making one but I just don't have the time and energy to devote to something like that right now.