Poll

How many games should Season 4 of Safe Words consist of?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
Q
1 (10%)
I was told there would be no voting. What is this? Mafia?
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 02, 2022, 11:03:31 AM

Author Topic: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)  (Read 36340 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)
« on: May 09, 2022, 11:42:19 AM »
Welcome Premium Panel Members to NWR's exclusive TV streaming service focus panel. I want to thank each of you for volunteering for such a bold initiative and I am pleased to say that all your credit cards passed our check and now have a substantial hold on them. That is just temporary of course as we decide the fate of the streaming wars right here. See folks, the TV landscape has changed, and with nobody watching cable anymore the data from existing ratings organizations is unreliable. Since the NWR forums are so popular and active, it was obvious that these folks are the real influencers of the day and so we value your opinion and your financial commitment. We will now ask you a series of questions (rounds) and all you have to do is answer by selecting one of the streaming services from the list available. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:50:54 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Answer Selection, Turn Order, and Final Ratings)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 11:46:03 AM »
Final Ratings
  • Khushrenada
  • NWR_insanolord
  • Mop it up
  • Luigi Dude
  • MASB
  • ShyGuy
  • Order.RSS
  • nickmitch
  • BeautifulShy
  • Stratos
  • TOPHATANT123
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 03:36:19 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Terms and Conditions)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:51:07 AM »
Terms and Conditions
All panel members agree to the following terms and conditions
The panelists were assorted into a selection rotation based on the order in which they signed up. In order, they are given a list of possible streaming services to subscribe to and must select one of them. Unbeknownst to them, one of these streaming services will bomb and take all subscribers with it. If you selected that streaming service when it was your turn to choose, then you lost. That streaming service will no longer be available, and a new one will be selected by the panelist that went right before the bomb was selected. If none of the remaining panelists choose the bomb service, then the panelist who selected it to start the round is forced to choose their own bomb service and is eliminated. This process is repeated until only one streaming service remains and is declared the winner.
Message reminders
The administration will send panelists a pm alerting them to the fact the survey has begun. After that, it is up to the panelists to remember to check in on their own unless they notify the administration to send them a reminder when it is their turn.
Waiting for a selection
A generous time of 2 days (48 hours) is given for a panelist to select a service. If they've requested for me to send them a reminder when it is their turn, a message will be sent to alert them of that fact once it is their turn and 24 hours before their time to choose is up. If a choice has not been made by the end of the total 48 period, the panelist will be automatically given the bomb service and removed from the panel. The 48 hours begins from the timestamp of the post I make in this thread asking for their selection in the round.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Round 1)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 11:57:17 AM »
Order.RSS has chosen the first streaming service to be added to NWR's Safe.TV Words+ bundle.
That means it is time to begin round 1 of our exclusive focus panel.
Khushrenada, which streaming service will you subscribe to?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 04:36:12 PM »
Well, the random number generator came up with 9 so I'll play the odds that it is safe. Surely Order.RSS wouldn't hate the offerings of the Peacock and The Office reruns....

..isn't that right, Bungle4?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 05:06:24 PM »
That is right Khushrenada!
Jumping into an already oversaturated market in 2020 might have seemed risky, but with Comcast backing Peacock it is a safe service to subscribe to.

Up next we find out which streaming service NWR_insanolord would like to subscribe to?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »
That is right Khushrenada!
Jumping into an already oversaturated market in 2020 might have seemed risky, but with Comcast backing Peacock it is a safe service to subscribe to.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »
Comcast is anything but safe as their customer service is pretty bad.  However for the purposes of this game they seem to be safe at the moment.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 09:50:56 PM »
I'm going to go with one of my most used streaming services, Paramount+.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2022, 11:15:48 PM »
Live Sports. Breaking News. And a Mountain of Entertainment makes Paramount+ a safe bet for NWR_insanolord.

Passing the remote to Mop it up for the next selection.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2022, 10:28:14 PM »
HBO Max to the max!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 10:27:24 AM »
People have been paying extra for HBO since the days of cable, so a streaming service containing that great library is safe for Mop it up.

Coming up next on Safe.TV Word+...MASB's selection!

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 11:15:49 PM »
I'll pick Hulu. They show my show! But only the first season, so the fans can't see my character development over six years!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »
Enough fans are hooked after one season for Hulu to be safe for MASB.

What will Luigi Dude choose after the next commercial break?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 04:21:53 PM »
Why bother watching TV shows when I can watch people complain about these shows on Youtube instead.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2022, 05:12:33 PM »
Luigi Dude is safe watching videos of people complaining at the second most visited website on the net (only second to Google which owns YouTube).

Where will BeautifulShy stream her video entertainment from?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2022, 05:27:28 PM »
Probably the best place for Anime.  CrunchyRoll

I choose you CrunchyRoll!     In the name of CrunchyRoll I'll punish you!   Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Crunchyroll who believes in you!”   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2022, 08:51:58 PM »
As interest in Anime and Japanese Otaku culture continues to rise, so does the safe feeling that BeautifulShy gets when watching CrunchyRoll.

How will TOPHATANT123 do before a live studio audience?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 12:58:01 PM »
Let's get this over with. This is a huge risk because it's been in the collective consciousness as of late.

Going with Netflix. Been getting a bad rap recently and has an unsustainable business model, but it puts out enough stuff to keep me satisfied.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2022, 03:31:08 PM »

"At one point it seemed like all we needed was Netflix" TOPHATANT123 thought. What started as a business that would send DVDs through the postal service created the model for TV streaming and with it took the lion's share of subscribers. Slowly but surely other media giants all began to create their own streaming services and take many of the popular shows with them.

Around that same time, our administration installed a secret agent (code name Order.RSS) within the ranks of Netlfix's leadership team. This individual was only a mission to collect ratings data, but chaos seemed to follow with each decision that was made. First, the agent convinced Netflix to overextend their budget, spending billions on half-baked TV shows for niche audiences and a dozen more Adam Sandler movies.

"That doesn't seem sustainable" TOPHATANT123 thought, but there is "enough stuff to keep me satisfied". Next, staff within the company began to speak out against offensive content and Netflix released a memo that just told them to "Leave".

Unfortunately, TOPHATANT123 had several family members working at Netflix that he now had to support so he shared his streaming service passwords with them until they could get back on their feet. The final blow was our agent's plan to crack down on password sharing.

"They had to make an example out of someone, I guess that was me" TOPHATANT stated in an interview. With the official verdict being a court ordered "cancellation" TOPHATANT123 was officially cut off from all media (strangely enough, posting to the NWR forums was still required as part of community service). Shortly before sentencing, a final public statement was released by TOPHATANT123 and merely stated "Let's get this over with".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 06:24:08 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2022, 03:57:06 PM »
Unfortunately, TOPHATANT123's being cancelled prevents him from continuing on in this panel. But there is still plenty of reasons to stay tuned to Safe.TV Words+. As we continue or panel we will now have specific questions that you may want to consider as you select your streaming service. The first question is:
Which streaming service has your favorite TV shows?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Round 2)
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2022, 06:21:32 PM »
We are now ready to begin our second round of the Safe.TV Words+ panel.

So Stratos, which of the available streaming services has your favorite TV shows?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 2)
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2022, 07:09:22 PM »
Waiting for a selection
A generous time of 2 days (48 hours) is given for a panelist to select a service. If they've requested for me to send them a reminder when it is their turn, a message will be sent to alert them of that fact once it is their turn and 24 hours before their time to choose is up. If a choice has not been made by the end of the total 48 period, the panelist will be automatically given the bomb service and removed from the panel. The 48 hours begins from the timestamp of the post I make in this thread asking for their selection in the round.

Is that time for Stratos? 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 2)
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2022, 09:27:04 PM »
I am afraid we have bad news about another member of the panel. Stratos was testing out a prototype of one of our television enhancement devices. This special cable is similar to a USB cable and except rather than being universal is actually based on hynagogic brainwaves and thus internally referred to as a HSB cable. Due to Stratos' unique home theater setup we needed a y-cable version of this.
So a mere 48 hours ago we lent Stratos this yhSB cable along with explicit instructions to check back in with us. To avoid future incidents we recommend all of you check back here daily. There were some other warnings as well, including one forbidding certain combinations of the main power level and the streaming service used. Unfortunately one of those combinations was watching HBO and setting the power to the Max setting. This had caused some problems with our beta test subjects but nothing prepared us for what we found. Stratos' apparently fell deep into a series of hypnagogic hallucinations after binging Game of Thrones for 48 straight hours. What remains of Stratos is unclear as he is catatonic at the moment.
The good news is that our medical team tells me that with a lot of money and continuous therapy we can have him back to a state of obtundation within a few years. Funnily enough we were able to connect his subconscious to the NWR forums, so you may see posts from his comatose self here and there. Hopefully we can continue without any further unfortunate accidents such as these. We will start the third round of the panel shortly.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 3)
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2022, 10:33:11 PM »
We are now ready to start the third round of the Safe.TV Words+ panel. Let's get things kicked off by hearing from nickmitch. So nickmitch, which streaming service has your favorite movies?