Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes  (Read 13823 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
A new Zelda game is about to release, and we don't even have a thread for it yet?!

Since there will probably be some discussion about this game once the test fire starts, I figured I'd create a thread for it to take place.

I've also got some extra demo codes, if anyone wants one.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:51:51 PM »
Still on the fence about this one. I just don't know how the complex puzzle solving is going to work without voice chat, and while I can Skype my friends, I don't like the gimmicky and stage-based progression either. Those outfits are ridiculous, too.

I'm hoping reviews might be able to sway me, as I'd love to give another Nintendo game with online co-op a shot, but I think there's too many fundamental issues.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:58:39 PM »
Aonuma is a Youtube megastar born out of time.
A member of my party has sent me the greeting "Hi", therefore I will respond with a similar greeting such as "Hi" in order to acknowledge my fellow; these are the basics of human social interaction.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:22:34 PM »
Also got the codes.

It's a shame demo comes without singleplayer component.

Will at least give it a try during online hours.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 12:43:57 AM »
why is their no thread mop?
because it's going to be shhhhiiiiittttt!
no voice chat and 3 players 3? wtf?! why that's so stupid.
It would have to be a 10/10 review for me to try it out.
Made you look ****.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:57:59 AM »
The demo is flawed, it gives you codes to give to your friends but you can't actually play with them online, only randoms. I am flabbergasted Nintendo, really?!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
I might as well dump a code in here if anyone wants it:

B0HWL7PF0NQKKNL3

The demo is flawed, it gives you codes to give to your friends but you can't actually play with them online, only randoms. I am flabbergasted Nintendo, really?!
The codes are meant for local play, but yeah, this game seems better suited for "with friends" than Splatoon so that should have been in this demo.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »
It would be ok if I could local play at least one person and then have another random join from the internet, but no, you can't even do that. You either have 3 people with 3 3DS's at hand or you play with people you don't know without voice chat.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
I loved Four Swords Adventures but it was a game that made you jump through a lot of hoops to get the proper experience.  Thankfully at that time in my life I had the interest and the flexibility to make that work.  Well sort of work as most of the time I just played two players with my brother.

Today I couldn't make FSA work within my routine and this seems MORE restrictive.  Even the fucking demo involves jumping through hoops where I have to get this code sent to me or one of my friends and we can only play online during this specific window.  **** that.  I already don't give a **** and now you expect me to put up with all this nonsense?  Isn't the idea of the demo to sell me on the game?  I would think Nintendo would be bending over backwards for me but instead they expect me to work around them.  Hey, wait am I describing TriForce Heroes or just everyone's relationship with Nintendo?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:50 PM »
Any game that allows me to take Link and make him wear a Zelda costume to unleash his inner princess is an 11/10 game for me. Girl Link has arrived just not in the way you expected.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 05:49:30 AM »
Just played an online game.

Lag was bad, but man spamming cheerleading Link pic is pretty fun.

Also you can grab a person and stand on the edge as if thinking to throw him into the abyss.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
Any game that allows me to take Link and make him wear a Zelda costume to unleash his inner princess is an 11/10 game for me. Girl Link has arrived just not in the way you expected.
Time for Stevey to finally spam all our inboxes. About time.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
I didn't get invited to the beta. :(

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 03:14:11 PM »
I didn't get invited to the beta. :(
I PM'd you a code, if you wanted it.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »
Just got done playing the demo, and I must admit... it's grown on me. A lot, actually. If I have two friends with this game, I would play online for hours, probably. Even the random selection was good, I had a particularly helpful batch of players who were very fun and forgiving about mistakes, which it seems like you can make a lot of. The thin pathways in the game are a bit nerve-wracking and I find myself wanting to use the D-pad more than the Circle pad. There's also a lot of fast action and the totem mechanic is pretty sticky, so you can end up screwing things over with a bad totem time. Still, the levels were fun and it was cool to see how your interactions with players built up a status quo. I was definitely the newbie when I first came in, but by the time I finished, I was equal and in some cases better than my teammates.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »
This game is awesome, but randoms are not.

Isn't the idea of the demo to sell me on the game?
Technically, the main point of this one is a server test. So, it isn't exactly meant to sell people on it, it's to prepare the servers for launch.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
I got round to playing the demo and still enjoyed it despite not being able to play with friends. I'm sure it'll would be fun at first but in the long run I can't see myself playing dungeons over and over for loot. For an online game such as this it needs a learning curve and a hook, and I doubt that is something Triforce Heroes can provide. I did experience a noticeable amount input lag in some of the sections that were more hectic but nothing yet that would ruin the game for me. Oh and the music is amazing, perhaps the best Zelda soundtrack to date.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 12:08:20 PM »
Really enjoyed to online demo with randoms. And dang it all, the "meta-game" of communicating through signals was also fun. Just like the developers said, the communication piece is part of the puzzle and it is different every time because your player-companions are always different. I haven't tried it locally yet, that may happen tonight, but I expect that experience to be quite different but also fun. But the real legs of this game that may have you coming back might be the random online multiplayer.
The game is not earth-shattering or GOTY OMG BLOW MY MIND, but it is polished and fun and probably pretty deep. Looking like it is worth my time and money.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
I don't think the emotes should replace a form of free communication, just supplement it, but the emotes are fun in their own right. One example of trouble is in the Fire Temple stage, the section where all three players must push the block. Usually, people go around this room trying to use their items on everything, and they are not aware that this block can be pushed. It's tough for me to get across that we have to push it, since there's no emote for that, and pushing by myself is kinda subtle since it's no big motion.

I plan to play with my actual friends though so this won't be an issue for me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »
Will only play with friends because anything involving online, randoms, puzzle solving, and no voice chat is a recipe for disaster.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 12:13:40 AM »
Imagine if Portal 2 Multiplayer had no voice chat? IT WOULDN'T WORK! IT"S A PUZZLE GAME
COMMUCATION IS KEY!
That is why I would NEVER buy this game.
Made you look ****.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 01:28:43 PM »
Will only play with friends because anything involving online, randoms, puzzle solving, and no voice chat is a recipe for disaster.
or fun
it's part of the puzzle design
"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
or fun
it's part of the puzzle design
"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Are you calling me unfun? How dare you!
Nah, I just don't have a response for that other than I think we'll see lots of trolls online that will ruin my experience with the game, but I'm fine with trying it out to see if I'm wrong.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 07:57:08 PM »
With my demo time, I actually didn't run into as many trolls as I expected, though there may be more with the full game when completion actually matters (in terms of keeping the collected items).

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »
Did anyone else pick up the game? Here's my 3DS code:
Phil| 1805-2338-1133