Author Topic: How do you clean your 3DS?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
How do you clean your 3DS?
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:41:29 PM »
Hi.

I've had my 3DS for a few months now and so it's starting to show a few smudges in places.  Since I've never cleaned it before, I was wondering what other people use to clean their systems, hoping to get an idea of what I should do.

I've got the usual smudge lines that appear on the sides of the top screen from being closed, as well as some circles near the face buttons. Typically, what I use to clean a controller is some surgical spirit on a toothbrush or soft tissue, but this thing has a lot more components than a controller (and is a lot more expensive) so I'm not yet sure if it is safe to use on this. What kinds of things do you folks use?

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How do you clean your 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:26:33 AM »
I typically use the microfiber cloth that came with a set of screen protectors and extra styli I bought.  It works fine by itself, even getting rid of those lines left by the bottom screen on the top.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:03:42 AM »
Yup, if you use plain ole cloth you'll end up with scratches so microfiber cloths work the best.  You an get them under $5 easily--walmart has an dual pack for $1.ish but you'll have to go an look for it in the AUTO dept. 

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »
I used a little microfiber cloth the first time I cleaned it, came with a free accessory kit I got.  Since then I have had a screen protector on both screens, so I just use a slightly damp washcloth.  Usually start in the middle of the screen and work my way out, so that any moisture on the cloth doesn't get forced behind the screen protectors.   Then I just clean the rest normally. :)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
Ooh, microfiber, good idea. I've got some of those.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »
It seems for me its spit and my shirt lately.  My son gets stuff on it playing Skylanders...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
Well, I usually make sure my hands are clean before I use it and when not in use it's in it's sleeve.  But if for some reason it does get smudgy I just wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and this LCD cleaning solution I got (not sprayed directly on the handheld, of course).

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 10:29:08 PM »
with am ipod cloth
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Morcant

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 08:19:49 PM »
I use the big pack of Flents wipes that you can buy at Costco. They are good for glasses and Ipods also.
Redtusk (3DS Friend Code: 5370-1004-4080)