Author Topic: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread  (Read 63870 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »
So I have a hunt going on at 11:00 for an hour to do some of the HR2 Non-Key Quests.  Trying to complete them all.
You can Sign up here:
http://teamworkcast.com/parties/party.php?code=2fao30di
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
Guess who got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate today! THIS guy!
My FC is in my signature. See? It's down below!
I look forward to playing with my NWR peeps!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Are they monsters from the old game? You can get some of those parts from the Wyporium Trader. Also, make sure you go on those random expeditions. That seems to unlock new monsters over time.

Sorry for the late response.  I'm not sure what monsters they are, I haven't looked them up yet and I've never really played the old ones.  I've been using the trader to get some goods and have opened up some more monsters through expeditions but I tend to go at a snails pace with my gaming as of late lol. 

I'm in the second town right now and just defeated that rock dragon.  One thing I wonder though is how would anyone defeat that monster without the use of the insect glaive?  It wasn't too bad for me as I was just able to constantly hop to it and strike its weak spot but without the hop capability, I can't imagine how I would've attacked it as all my other strikes were bouncing off of it. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:37 PM »
I'm a bow user and I mount like crazy. You can jump off of ledges to mount monsters. If you are talking about Basarios he was surprisingly easy to beat with mounts. The level I fought him on had a nice ledge in the middle of the area and I would lure him to the lower part and then climb up and jump onto him. I think some monsters may have an extra vulnerability to these types of attacks.

Rathalos can now be an epic fight. He will hunt you while you are climbing and claw or fireball you before you get a chance to jump off and attack him.

Mannypon, typically the forge will not show weapons requiring monsters you have not fought. The exception is for the parts from monsters you get through the Wycoon Trader. When you unlock parts in the trader, the game treats it as if you have beaten that monster and shows all of the things that can be made with those traded parts.

Congrats of getting the game, Phil! I am guessing this is a birthday present?

I realized that I never went and entered everyone's FC into my 3DS so I will do that now. Badger me if I missed you and want me to add you.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
Guess who got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate today! THIS guy!
My FC is in my signature. See? It's down below!
I look forward to playing with my NWR peeps!

Added. You too Stratos.

Still on HR 1 but a friend tells me rares drop a little less rare online so started a bit early. Sure enough I got that King's Frill in only  my 2nd quest.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:27:22 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »
Just a quick question, I see people mention hr1 and so on, what does that mean?  Is it hunter rank? and are you referring to the current star level of your quests? 

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »
Just a quick question, I see people mention hr1 and so on, what does that mean?  Is it hunter rank? and are you referring to the current star level of your quests?

For me, both. I'm hunter rank 1 & doing 1 star quests at the moment.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2015, 02:11:57 AM »
They are similar, but not exactly the same. Offline the star ranks do not increase your HR (hunter rank). The guild hall quests do raise your rank up to 8 (or whatever the highest star rank is in the guild hall). After you hit the highest level your HR increases as you earn HR points on quests. You were always earning these HR points but they were not advertised until after you beat the final urgent quest.

Because of this hidden accumulation, it is common for players to jump straight from HR 8 to HR 15-25. At that point it is more of a gamer score, though some advanced quests only unlock after you hit a certain high level.

In MH3U the Abyssal Lagiacrus only appeared to people HR70 and higher.
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2015, 02:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I did go to the gathering hall and then noticed the hr1 quests.  One thing I noticed though when doing those quests is that I get 4 of most supplies at the start.  Am I to assume these quests are designed to be tackled in groups?  So far I've been soloing most of the HR1 quests but am I eventually going to get to a point where that wont be possible?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2015, 03:21:38 AM »
I did go to the gathering hall and then noticed the hr1 quests.  One thing I noticed though when doing those quests is that I get 4 of most supplies at the start.  Am I to assume these quests are designed to be tackled in groups?  So far I've been soloing most of the HR1 quests but am I eventually going to get to a point where that wont be possible?
Yes, the gathering hall is the multiplayer and those quests are designed for 4 players. The monsters in these quests have a lot more HP than they do in single player, and they are typically more aggressive, so although you can play them in solo, they will be much harder. There will most likely be a point where you won't be able to beat these quests on your own, unless you happen to be one of those super crazy awesome players who can solo them all... without armour.

HR is hunter rank which is basically your rank for multiplayer/online. The HR quests progress a bit different differently than the single player quests and the quests themselves may also differ. There are also quests here that are exclusive to the gathering hall and so you'll have to play multiplayer to get the most out of this game. In the beginning, the HR number will determine which quests you can choose, or join if someone else chooses. However, this is true only up to a certain number (which was HR 8 in MH3U meaning there were 8 levels of quests), and then after that, you can keep gaining HR but it's largely useless after that, with max HR being 999.

Well I'm 4596-9710-4135 FC if you want too.
I added you anyway.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »
It will change the color of your tag but yeah mostly useless.  It becomes an ePeen later.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
Good grief, how many cat puns are there in this game.

Partnya
Meow-nting

Even Palico itself is a pun on a cat breed.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
They are your Calico Pals!

It is a lot, but I feel it adds to the overall charm of the game. One of the cats even makes a crack about his speech being a pun of a pun so I look at it as self aware humor.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
Monster Hunter has always been loaded with cat puns, and puns in general.

As someone who only likes to play multiplayer in these games, I think it's lame how I have to play single player to unlock stuff now. So stupid.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »
The Kut-Ku Light Bow Gun is a a lie.  A lie....

Offline squatchlif

• View Profile
    • My blog about Bigfoot
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »
So, I couldn't seem to get a hang of MH3U but I enjoyed the demo for MH4U quite a bit.

My question is: should I buy this game? Is the online community really willing to help out a noob? and what is everyone's favorite weapon?

So far, I've tried the Insect Glaive and Dual Blades. I seem to have trouble mounting and jump attacks. I'm also not sure on how to lure monsters and jump off ledges to attack.

I entered the party late but any advice would be much appreciated!
- Skye

Twitter: squatchlif
3DS: 5370-0428-0148
NNID: skyeevans
PSN: dowjonesreno
XBL: skyeevans

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »
So, I couldn't seem to get a hang of MH3U but I enjoyed the demo for MH4U quite a bit.

My question is: should I buy this game? Is the online community really willing to help out a noob? and what is everyone's favorite weapon?

So far, I've tried the Insect Glaive and Dual Blades. I seem to have trouble mounting and jump attacks. I'm also not sure on how to lure monsters and jump off ledges to attack.

I entered the party late but any advice would be much appreciated!

Yes.

It really depends on you end up hunting with. I know in the past fellow NWR hunters are always willing to lend a hand & I've ran into some cool randoms. But I've also come across random folks that are downright annoying to share a lobby with.

The hammer is probably my favorite still but I'm also handy with the dual blades, longsword, & great sword. Trying to add the hunting horn to that list as well.

To jump, have your weapon drawn & do a roll off a ledge then hit X to strike. After that it's just timing & waiting for the monster to get into position.
Mission...complete?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »
I mainly run Dual Blades (Dios Slicers again.) although I have a Para SnS that I pull out occasionally on multiplayer.

I was worried about having to deal with Rathalos on Dual Blades but the increased vertical elements of the environments really helps alleviate that annoyance.

Also I have a solo quest for fighting 2 frenzied khezus. God help me.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2015, 11:19:43 PM »
Defeated Shagaru Magala.  I have to say.  Compared to the Gore Magala fight.  This was easier.  He's slower.  Less physical.  Must do Dragon Damage because he didn't hit that hard with the armor I had.  Relatively easy to light bowgun, compared to say dual Khezu or Tigrex.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
That one is a pain.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »
Defeated Shagaru Magala.  I have to say.  Compared to the Gore Magala fight.  This was easier.  He's slower.  Less physical.  Must do Dragon Damage because he didn't hit that hard with the armor I had.  Relatively easy to light bowgun, compared to say dual Khezu or Tigrex.
He was a bit of a pain to melee but then again I was running a set of Veroceldrome armor so low defense was really starting to bite me.

That one is a pain.
I basically saw that quest and decided I was just going to come back with g-rank armor and roll from there.

Offline squatchlif

• View Profile
    • My blog about Bigfoot
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
Alright guys, I caved and bought it. My friend code is on my signature. Please add me if you'd like to play and tell me your FC.
- Skye

Twitter: squatchlif
3DS: 5370-0428-0148
NNID: skyeevans
PSN: dowjonesreno
XBL: skyeevans

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »
So the DLC dropped today. A lot of good stuff in it.

I'm stoked for the Zelda gear but it sounds like the missions to earn it are pretty tough. We may have to get a group together for it once all of us are at least High Rank. Some G-Rankers are reporting a hard time with it too.

Quote from: Capcom-Unity Blog
So in all, you're getting...14 new quests;
11 new weapons;
4 complete armor sets (8 if you count Blademaster AND Gunner) plus the 3 Fan Club pieces;
2 Palico armor sets;
1 Palico weapon;
1 Bonus Palico: Calico Red;
2 Guild Card backgrounds;
1 Guild Card pose;
9 Guild Card titles;
Caravan Points;

A lot of stuff, I know... and here are a couple of highlight's I'd like to note:

- This pack includes both winners of our Weapon Design Contest: Emperor's Speech and Clockwork
- The Universal Studios Japan gear finally makes its way to a Western release!
- Legend of Zelda special collaboration equipment: Link's armor, Sword & Shield, and Bow! (I just need to say this all the time, because it's so awesome!)
Anyways, go download this pack and enjoy all this free content; we'll be back with more in April. Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:32:12 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2015, 08:17:58 PM »
Alright guys, I caved and bought it. My friend code is on my signature. Please add me if you'd like to play and tell me your FC.

5215 2461 9982

I miss the Moga Village farm...I keep burning through my potions & having to re-do a Paw Pass quest to try & re-supply.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »
Have you built up your Wyporium at all? It acts as a super farm once you get it leveled up.
My Game Collection