Author Topic: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread  (Read 187731 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread
« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2020, 01:55:40 PM »
Either the administration was incredibly reckless or incompetently tried to cover it up.

please let the next admin sue/prosecute the ever living **** out of the previous admin and all it's enablers. This is beyond wreckless and incompetent, it's also very dangerous.

I'm very behind on the events of yesterday and today, but this **** calls for the 25th Amendment on the whole Executive Branch and part of the Congress too...

Quote from: Twitter
NEWS:
@NYMag
 has confirmed that Pastor Greg Laurie of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California has tested POSITIVE for COVID-19. Pastor Laurie was at the Prayer March on the Mall with Mike Pence and Franklin Graham and the ACB Rose Garden event later that day.
10:34 AM · Oct 5, 2020·

Pence was very near this man, and even though he continues to test negative for now, his Dr. is staying that he no longer needs to quarantine because he wasn't near Trump or anyone that tested positive..... (except, you know, the Pastor mentioned above.... SMFH)

*TWO WHITE HOUSE STAFF IN HOUSEKEEPING TESTED POSITIVE: NYT
11:18 AM · Oct 5, 2020·

More info on 2 White House residence staff members who tested positive - they worked for the housekeeping department on the third floor, and didn't come in direct contact w the first family. When their tests came back positive, they were told to use "discretion" in discussing it.
11:12 AM · Oct 5, 2020

The WHitehouse has become a COVID Petrie Dish.... and the people in charge don't give a damn...
Multiple White House sources told
@ABC
 News there is "a full-blown freak-out" in the administration waiting to see who will be next to test positive -- with aides not trusting each other and some trying to find ways to avoid coming into work at all.
Quote Tweet

John Santucci
@Santucci
 Â· 22h
White House aides anxious as coronavirus cases rise in Trump's orbit: Sources w/ @KFaulders  https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-house-aides-anxious-coronavirus-cases-rise-trumps/story?id=73435247
12:55 PM · Oct 5, 2020

This man who had to be rushed to a leading hospital for VIP care by a dedicated team with experimental drugs and Steroids leaves the hospital, immediately removes his mask, and then winces in pain as he tries to catch his breath while saying he feels better than he has in 20 years..... (it's clearly the drugs.... but no one tell him that) https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1313263278613827585

and that's only a snippet of the crazy town at the WH yesterday.
He should be Quarantined in a Hospital, and not putting the lives of the people that work at the WH at any further risk, who then have to go home and possibly expose their own friends/families to this **** because no one wants to say NO to toddler in chief.

The WH Press Sec refused to quarantine or much less wear a mask after being told she was exposed, and then continued to hold maskless press conferences till her results came back, putting the whole press pool at risk of exposure.

Secret Service Agents being forced to drive this dumbass around in his hermetically sealed bullet proof car with nothing more than a mask..... all need to be quarantined

Who are we supposed to turn to reign in this madness? this is just insane.
Shouldn't there be protocols in place to prevent this type of wreckless dumbassery?

we're getting near a forced Gov Shutdown/National Security issue here if this keeps spreading.

Trump was trying to go to the Oval Office today for fucks sake (he stated he may be "immune" to the virus he has contracted and given oxygen, really strong experimental drugs and steroids for).
Luckily someone stopped him, but WTF is wrong with him and everyone else around him?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:40:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »
but WTF is wrong with him and everyone else around him?

This should be the tagline for this admin. 

I am not surprised at this point. One would think they would take this thing seriously but no.  No they just want to make it past the election.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2020, 03:51:51 PM »
And I think the play here is to either infect the other side or get them to concede to draw a narrative of "scared of COVID" or something stupid like that....

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1313546737164996609?s=20

They were already trying to run with the narrative that the opposition doesn't have the experience with the virus, as they've never had it.

While simultaneously staying that he may be "immune"
And previously staying that the entire thing was a "hoax" and would just go away.....

So excuse me if I'm extremely distrusting of not only their words, but their intent behind all their actions as well.

Dereliction of duty comes to mind too

And BONUS ADDITION to the COVID WHITEHOUSE BINGO
.....Stephen Miller

anyone got Bingo yet?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:48:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2020, 08:57:27 AM »
Now I know that news sources will often write stories or make tribute videos ahead of time when something seems likely or inevitable (like the death of someone we know is very sick), but this is interesting as Deadline posted this, but never actually retracted the story... just stated that they didn't mean to publish it (yet?).

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1314339830151540736?s=20

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1314339830151540736?s=20
A draft post of a story about Vice President Mike Pence testing positive for coronavirus that was never meant to publish was accidently posted on Deadline. It was pulled down immediately. It never should have been posted and Deadline will take steps to see this kind of thing never happens again. Apologies to the Vice President and our readers. We regret the error.

But were they waiting for confirmation before publishing? or was this prepped just in case such an incident were to occur? According to the comment, some who read it said the article had quite a bit of detail..... 🤔🤔🤔

I guess we just have to wait and find out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:59:02 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2020, 12:10:29 AM »
To be fair, they probably had the story pre-written with a handful of details that were easy to edit with the actual facts (e.g., the date of the announcement, the number of WH personnel who have it, etc.).  That way, it's ready to go at a moment's notice.  Now, why exact information, like "Wednesday" as opposed to "[weekday]" were there, I dunno.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:17:08 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2020, 10:16:56 AM »
Just a reminder to stay safe out there. I know people are over the Coronavirus and just want to get back to normal, but we are currently at our HIGHEST SPIKE since the start of the pandemic.

Last 10 days have seen over 1 MILLION new infections confirmed.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/11/us-covid-cases-deaths-record-texas

We have averaged over 100k new infections per day for more than a week.

Wednesday saw a NEW WORLD RECORD of 144k New Infections.
new records have been being set since last week as the number just keeps increasing.

Hospitalizations are at an all time high too (62k on Tuesday!?), and the death rate was something pretty damn high too (I believe we are over 240k total deaths), with another potential 200k in the next few months before a vaccine is available and widespread enough to slow this down.

So as stated, this is just a reminder to PLEASW WEAR A FUCKING MASK. It's not that inconvenient and by now, we should all be mostly used to it by now. My daughter wore hers for hours yesterday, and I had to remind her to leave it in the car, as she was wearing it for the whole car ride because she forget she was even wearing it.

edit: I know Thanksgiving is coming up.... and then Christmas, and then (oh god...) New Years, but it won't mean much if it's your, or someone close to you's last one ever. so just wear a mask, wash your hands, and social distance whenever possible.

U.S. COVID Spread considered a "Humanitarian Disaster"
Foreign Health Workers are coming here to help us out since our own Gov and and half the general populace just don't seem to give a ****.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:36:18 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2020, 06:16:50 PM »
Wed = 144k confirmed cases
Thu = 154k confirmed cases
Fri = 184k confirmed cases

We're #1!!!! And apparently we'll never get tired of WINNING!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/14/us-record-184000-new-covid-cases-trump-vaccine-biden

If we keep it up, maybe we'll cross 200k confirmed cases by Tues
and the following week, we'll be trending more confirmed cases per day than people have actually died of the virus in the US so far. Good thing a vaccine won't be available for a few short months, we'd sure hate to miss that milestone.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
Our state is going back into a more locked down status. Just as well, people are completely disregarding all guidelines as far as I can see. I nearly lost my temper last night at Walmart. I have never seen so many miss-worn masks (free-noses, chin-warmers) or people brazenly just not wearing anything. In the past its always just been one or two people, but there was a lady actively flaunting her no-mask status. A guy asked her to stay back and another commented "nice mask" and she just shook her head proudly and said "thank you" while getting close to other people on purpose. I just laughed at her and she thankfully didn't get closer to me, but I was actually on the verge of creating an incident. I normally just shake my head and walk away, but something about last night just pissed me off. Ended up calling a friend and venting because its just getting on my nerves. Seriously, its like a 2% inconvenience and every place is handing out free masks so its not like you have to even spend money or anything. And masks do not impact oxygen levels at all according to physicians, nurses, and various other medical professionals. How hard is it to just wear one? If everyone did that we could even arguably dispense with most of the other precautions in many situations because of how damn effective it is to wear one.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2020, 10:48:12 PM »
clearly, no one gives a **** anymore.

I've been in several stores in the last few days where barely anyone even bothered to wear a mask, employees included, much less call someone else out for not having one.

all I can do at this point is just keep my circle small, and remember to wear my own mask to protect myself.

have you seen the video where they take the standard blue mask and place it over the shower head?
the front of the mask didn't even get wet as all the water was deflected from behind the mask. they do work. people just need to wear them. simple as that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2020, 02:40:45 AM »
This should be enough to show why we should all wear masks.

My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2020, 11:11:15 AM »
Moderna claims 94% efficiency on it's COVID Vaccine
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/16/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-is-more-than-94percent-effective.html

can store at regular fridge temp for 30 days.
this is more promising than the Pfizer vaccine which also needed a double dosage but had to be stored at sub freezing temps.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:41:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »
Article sounds promising. Two doses for ~37$ and most Americans protected by Q2 next year. Not seeing anything on how long you'll be protected though. Are we gonna need 2 annual shots for years to come?

The storage sounds more feasible for transport to other countries too. We gotta get the whole world protected.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2020, 09:14:43 PM »
Not in any way a medical expert but here's my wild speculation regarding possible vaccines:
  • Many vaccines require at least two doses.
  • The flu vaccine is annual because the flu rapidly mutates and it covers many different strains.
So I would speculate that we would need at least two, and possibly ongoing annual vaccinations until this virus is truly eradicated like smallpox.
Two big caveats:
We have never vaccinated against a coronavirus before, and we've never deployed an mRNA vaccine before. So who knows. Maybe that's good, or maybe it's much much worse.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:16:30 PM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
Who had 250k US Deaths before Thanksgiving?

come claim your prize, you win.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/18/us-passes-250000-deaths-from-coronavirus

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2020, 12:40:38 AM »
My family had plans to travel for Christmas, but it's looking like those may get scrapped with the infection rates getting so high.  My stepsister, whom we're all visiting, is especially uncomfortable with all of us, parents especially, traveling right now.  We'll see for now.  My dad seems like he wants to keep an eye on it, but my stepsis seems to have made up her mind.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2020, 01:01:58 AM »
I remember when the predicted death toll would only be 50,000 and people were like that will never happen.  Then it jumped to 100,000 death toll predictions. 

What is crazy is some people still say those numbers are wrong.  That they are saying anyone that dies was a COVID19 death.  Then some less crazy people say well if they die from another thing, but also COVID19 it is a COVID19 death...so it is actually much lower. 

Does it really matter though?  We have 250,000 deaths that may or may not have been prevented.  That is disheartening fact.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2020, 06:06:08 AM »
It doesn't matter in this case because COVID is something that complicates already existing conditions and illnesses. In the elderly it is especially dangerous if they contract COVID while dealing with something else. My wife saw it all the time as a nurse. Several of her patients were sent to the hospital for complications in their cases of pneumonia and other stuff and it turned out they had COVID too. They might have beaten the pneumonia on their own, but with COVID also in the mix its a double or even triple whammy on our most vulnerable people.

We are also wrestling with what to do for holidays. My parents and youngest sis are home 24/7 aside from shopping which they do by contact-less pickup. Every Thanksgiving we get together and its one of the few times to see my other sisters kids in the year, but turns out other sister is ranting tag lines from our Rabble-Rouser-In-Chief and blaming the testing. She's a medic. She should know better. Testing cannot logically be to blame because all testing does is CONFIRM WHAT IS ALREADY PRESENT. The tests aren't causing cases to pop out of the snow like daisies, they merely measure what is already infecting a person.

My wife is talking about going with masks and leaving after eating, but I think she is merely offering because she knows it is a big deal for me and my folks. I told her we didn't have to go and in fact I think it best we do not go. We are expecting and the last thing I want to do is risk the baby with an unnecessary infection like this. Wife went on maternity leave early specifically to avoid unnecessary COVID contractions (and the general stress and strain of being a nurse). Would make all that caution feel worthless if she gets the virus at this stage.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2020, 09:25:02 PM »
I'm so glad to hear someone else call out the "more testing is causing more cases" nonsense.
i really wish the media would do its job and shut that nonsensical and illogical bull **** down.

it really makes no sense.....
we would have so many dead people reported if we stop checking for a pulse 🥸🤡 GTFOH with that nonsense.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
I'm so glad that studies have confirmed that the youth is immune to COVID. (even though COVID is a hoax)
otherwise this scene from Fort Lauderdale, just days before Thanksgiving, in a State where COVID spread is breaking hospitals at the moment, would be worrisome....

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-ne-wharf-reopens-with-crowd-20201121-tbn5prnf2rbulkl7lopo4la2iu-story.html

Stay Safe Online Fam. Symptoms can take 3-7 days....
Protect you and yours, don't trust that the next person gives enough of a damn to protect themselves for your sake.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »
2100 Deaths in the U.S. yesterday.... and remember what they said!!! well, they said lot of things

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

It'll go away... No one will be talking about COVID after the election... It's a Hoax...
something something Doctors get paid more for coronavirus blah blah blah

Point being, stay safe, wear a mask, don't travel if you don't have to, avoid large crowds, especially indoors, and whatever other safety measures you can think of to protect the health and lives of you and yours.
Don't become part of the statistic. and certainly not part of the death count.
We all have many years left, so it's not a big deal to just sacrifice the holidays for just this one, to enjoy all the rest of them with as many of our loved ones as possible.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »
Yeah, "1% death rate" some are touting is really disconnected. I'd take that chance in a Fire Emblem game, but not real life, especially if I can avoid it altogether. The fact that 1% death rate means 700-2100+ deaths a DAY is crazy.

https://imgur.com/jN7zVeZ
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:53:10 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2020, 10:19:31 AM »
Who doesn't always look forward to waking up on Christmas, Mourning!!!?
To come to tears at the lack of presence from your loved ones, as you reflect back on the fond memories of Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving (each other COVID) just weeks prior.

Betcha can't wait.... That's where we're headed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/millions-ignore-travel-warning-as-covid-19-cases-surge-nationwide/

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »
Wonder if video chat services will be able to handle all the extra traffic tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
Well I am staying home for thanksgiving and my mom is going to my sisters BFF today and my sister's and fiance tomorrow.  . My sister is going to have like 7 people there tomorrow.  I am going to try and do a virtual thanks giving with my girlfriend and friends but she just had an operation so it may not happen. Still trying to stay safe with things.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2020, 03:06:45 PM »
I'm at my parents' place today.  They're a 90 minute drive away, so it isn't like I'm in a crowded airport at any point.  I also got tested recently, so that isn't an issue either.  I'm really glad I could make it over because if I hadn't moved last year, I'd probably not be able to be with them, though I'd likely be able to spend time with my girl friend.  Lot of give and take this holiday, but I'm thankful for what I have.