Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 457204 times)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Um yeah so why the hell cant we have our own thread? We basically hijacked that Nintendo Australia thread in the old forums to be a general chat.
So how's everyone doing back at school?
I'm doing ok myslef. I'm doing Intro Calc, Geography, English, History, Physics and Art. lol. I'm the only guy in our art class of 16. It's great.
So yeah, how's everyone else going back at the hell hole?  
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
No yanks?  What about Canucks?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Why?  Because you aren't that special.  Sorry.  But this isn't something that deserves a special category.
If you get your own, then I can expect to have my own just because I am from Maryland.  And I don't take kindly to being referred to as a yank.  I could be offened if you were an adult.  You are being childish.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Zach Adams

• View Profile
You tell him Nitsu. Oh and by the way my school is almost over. Well, its 3rd quarter. hehe....
If any man says he hates war more than I do, he better have a knife, that's all I have to say.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I was gonna post here last night, but the net disconnected and it was 4am, Sydney time. Look you guys, if RABicle wants a Nintendo Australia thread, let us have one. This IS General Chat after all. And if you want, you can make your own thread since you live in Maryland (I thought you were talking about Sydney suburb MERRYLANDS for a sec).
There are heaps of people on this forum from Australia:
-Myself (Termin8Anakin)
-RABicle
-Mario (formerly known as Game_Freak333 on the old forums)
-Infernal Monkey02
-Hybrid Hunter
-Lord of the Wang
-Frozen Ad
-Riste
-Poona
-t3july2003
-Shifty2k2

to name a few. Ok, I'm off now to buy a game and our monthly Nintendo Gamer mag. cyas all later.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
My impression is and still is, that he didn't want a Nintendo Australia thread, but a thread for people in or from Australia and only those people, and those not pertaining to Australia could "Get lost yanks!" as his subject title made clear.  It is not his job to segregate the topics based on nationality for those of a particular nationality or ethnic background.  I don't care if he wants to have a topic solely for the purpose of discussion about Australia, that's not what pissed me off, but he's not going to tell me I'm not welcome just because I am not from Australia, which is what pissed me off.

RABicle, if you want an Australia thread, go right ahead but don't tell people different from you to get lost, it makes you appear close-minded and shallow.  

I don't have anything against you RABicle, or Australia so don't take it personally!  I would feel the same if anyone else had done the same thing for any country or state.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
It's nothing against Australians, but the title of this thread is bound to piss a whole bunch of people off, whether it was meant in good spirit or not.  First off, Yanks is sort of a derogatory term, and second, saying they aren't allowed to post in this thread is bound to egg them on a little further.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 12:07:03 AM »
Ok I'm sorry about that Americans, I didn't really mean to offend anyone. I guess it was just adding an Australian feel to the thread, or somthing.
Anyway Game_Freak and Infernal Monkey better get their thin old razor arse in here. I also sent a message to Evilmanman, a guy from my town and who's posting in these forums again because he hated the ads of Ezboard.
Anyway yeah. How's everyone coping with school and stuff.

Offline Evilmanman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 02:01:15 AM »
I had to work 4 times in a row at work right when school started, and my brother went to the big day out(he woke me up when he got home at 3:00 in the morning) so I am a little bit tired. 0_0

I'm doing 6 T.E.E subjects, most of them are ok, but physics and Intro calc... we have been given assignments on things that we aren't covering in class so I am a bit confused
THE SECRET IS ON THE EASTERN PENINSULA. I KNOW NOTHING. I AM ERROR.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 02:15:27 AM »
RABicle mate, I hope ur enjoying school, cause I don't go no more! Haha.
Yep, I got a month to go b4 I start my first year of Uni. I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts(Communications), which relates to journalism and stuff, so Nintendo Gamer Magazine, here I come! Haha.

Yeah, for an Aussie thread, there seem to be more Americans in here than Aussies.
I guess you guys hate being called Yanks as much as we hate to be called Steve Irwin, Crocodile Dundee and G'Day mate!

TRUE STORY: I remember I was in LA back in '96, and a chick came up to me and said "Are you from Lake Tahoe? I'm from Fresno!" (I went to Lake Tahoe to do some skiiing and bought myself a cap). I said "Nah, I'm from Australia". Immediately, her eyes lit up, and she said with a big enthusiastic smile: "Giiiidaaaaaay Maaaaaate!" and shook my hand. "I absolutely LOVED Crocodile Dundee!" Well, I was only in Year 6, and I had never heard of the guy. I smiled and went off on my merry way.
I found out when we got home that Crocodile Dundee was a movie, starring Paul Hogan as the title character, impressing onlooking Americans with his naive Aussie outback mannerisms. Frankly, I found all three to be boring as hell.

And guess what? I'm Asian!

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 05:32:18 PM »

-Mario (formerly known as Game_Freak333 on the old forums)

Im Game Freak now! Anyway, i just went back to school, im doing English, Maths, IT, Software, Art (only 7 other people in my class) and modern history. Damn year 11, too much work, i need more time to play GC and GBA. I like how Metroid Prime and Pokemon come out just before the holidays, gives me time to play them heaps. Anyway, good thread RABicle, go away yanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah, does anyone know when the next Nintendo gamer will actually be on the shelves, the only one that i can find is the Metroid Prime one, its says the next issue should be available January 29th, but it isnt.  

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 03:50:14 AM »
I dont read Nintendo Gamer anyway, silly magazine IMO. But the latest Hyper is coming out soon. Well it should be out now, I'll have to buy it.

Pst, Evilmanman (or can I say your real name Dan?)  These guys wont know what we;re tlaking about when we referr to the TEE, Only WA is disabled enough to use the system.

Yeah actually speaking of Art classes. There's a girl in my class (well she would have to be, I'm the only guy) who is doing TEE art and non TEE art. Basically that means of her 6 possible subjects 2 of them are art. That's 7 and a half hours of art at school a week. I could never do that. I only really chose to do easy art (non TEE) as a break from subjects such as Intro Calc and Physics

Anyway how about we all go by real names here? They're just shorter and easier to remeber than our usernames
yeah my real names Roland

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 04:55:44 AM »
Yeah I know eh. So much for Jan 29th. It had better be a good issue for us to wait an extra week. And where's that 'Where Are They Now?' special that Narayan was gonna do? Seriously that something he had to do didn't take THAT long?

Yo Game_Freak, cool you got ur name back. What school do you go to? I went to St Patrick's Strathfield. Assuming you live in Burwood, since your closest EB is Burwood Westfield, is it Christian Bros?
Sorry if I'm asking too much. Just wanna know, if that's OK.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 02:08:27 AM »
I go to Ashfield high school, i used to go to Strathfield North in primary school even though i live in Burwood. It's cool coz i get heaps of free periods, monday and wednesday i only have to go to school from 8am to 10am. Anway, have you guys seen the aussie CUBE magazine, its awesome, it's got reviews for Wind Waker and Metroid Prime. Im still waiting for Nintendo Gamer though. What area do you live in Termin8Anakin?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 04:33:11 AM »
I live in Greenacre. Don't believe any of the press or your friends! It's not that bad of an area to live in. We leave our back door open all the time. But then again, we DO have a rather large German Shepherd there. Haha.
I was suprised at what HAS happened here though when I heard about it, and I've been living here for 10 years.

Oh yeah, I've seen the new CUBE Mag. Way cool.
I think it's weird though how they're just the UK mag in disguise. I haven't bought it (yet), but look at the front editorial, at the top of the page above the pic of the cover. See what it says? ISSUE 15! Ha! It's issue 5, fellas! How's that for stuff ups. And they've been doing it since Aussie Cube 'ISSUE 1'.
And you know what else is funny? They've just made a report on Megaton! On the PlayStation 'Controversy' and everything that we've been talking about since November. Talk about late. How's about a REAL Aussie CUBE mag eh Paragon? Cool company name as well.

Offline gcfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2003, 12:02:02 PM »
hey i'm from australia and pretty new to the PGC forums. I go to Macquarie uni (Sydney) doing Computing and Info Systems. Oh and the new Hyper is out. anyway anyone else from sydney?  
~GameCube Freak~

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2003, 01:06:40 PM »
I live in Sydney, and i believe Termin8Anakin and Infernal Monkey also live in Sydney.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2003, 04:27:40 PM »
Yes. Greenacre is in Sydney. It's the next suburb from Bankstown. In case anybody didn't know.
And Hyper this month is cool, cause Metroid Prime is the Game of the Month (well, why wouldn't it be?!)!

Oh, and by the way, I bought Extreme G3 on Thursday. It's the most sick ass game on the planet! No fog, no slowdown AT ALL, and the speed is all there. You can even break the bloody sound barrier when you go upwards of 800km/h.
The major gripe I have with it though are the weapons and the AI of the other racers. The only weapon you should have are the basic blasters. Anything else is just crap to use. And like F-Zero X, your boost comes out of your health. So, you've got boost, crashing into walls, and weapons flying up your ass, and you're only on the first lap, and your health is going down like crazy. All of a sudden. BOOOOM! You're dead. Ahhh crap.
If there is an option/cheat to turn off the weapons, please, tell me.
I think that's the reason why I love F-Zero so much. Speed is the only thing you have to worry about.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 07:21:11 PM »
im from Adelaide
the real australian hellhole not the rich sydney area  
seems everyone is from sydney
and im not at school, cause im 18

Offline Mike C

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
Heh, I'm from New Zealand and we are gonna win the Cricket world cup
Always There.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 12:56:40 AM »
Well, it's been fun but this will be my last post in the PGC forums for at least a few months. Im getting my internet connection disconnected for a few months, so i wont be able to go on the internet anymore. Plus, ive got heaps of things to do. Anyway, cya guys, lets just hope Nintendo Australia gets their act together this year. FAREWELL PGC!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 01:41:40 AM »
Well, there ARE such things as friends houses and internet cafe's, so it WOULD make sense to use those facilities when the time is right. Not having the internet for a few months would kill me. I need my daily does of games, and....other.....forms...of...personal.....entertainment.....

And Mike C, good luck to you and the rest of New Zealand with the Cricket World Cup. Hahahahahaha!

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 10:18:20 PM »
DAMN! Those phone line cable guys were FAST! Nah, after my parents found out that it would take until September for them to fix up the phone line, they hired someone else for the job and guess what, they came in yesterday and did it in ONE DAY! Damn, those other guys were teh lazy! Anway, im back! I was gonna start posting from my friends house but i dont need to anymore, W00T!

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2003, 12:09:57 AM »
geez i was worried just as you said that post before. We'd be missing you for sure but your not leaving anymore so all is good.
Anyway the cricket is on now, I cant believe Symonds is actually making some runs, personally I dont know how he got into the team but it wold seem he's helping Australia make a somewhat respectable score against Pakistan. But I hope some other country wins the world cup, not australia. I'ld like to see the Windies win, or Canada!

and yes there do seem to be a lot of sydney ppls here.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2003, 01:39:34 AM »
I would like to see the US win the Cricket (!)
Shame about Shane today.
Anyway, good to see ya back Game_Freak, if indeed you were ever gone.

Geez, now I can see ads for the Zelda Pre-order thing in the US (check the main Forums page), and now I want some definite info for Australia dammit! Nintendo just set a date for Zelda Wind Waker, and it's coming in May, which is good news, hopefully before E3 2003. Or else some people will surely get their asses kicked!

On to other news, I bought Extrreme G 3 last thusday, and I must say that it is a VERY GOOD game. But I do have lots of gripes about it. Namely the AI of the racers in the 500G cups onward (which utilise the 'elastic band' theory where when you pass them , they zoom past you, then you pass them, they pass you and so on), the whole system of weapons (which is crap, cause looking for small mines on the track whilst going at 600km/h is something no one should do in a futuristic racer - you should be concentrating on the track), and the length of the game itself (10 tracks).