Author Topic: Slowdown again...  (Read 1551 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Slowdown again...
« on: July 09, 2004, 07:05:35 AM »
What's it this time? I didn't see a story on Slashdot mentioning PGC, so what's happening now? DoS again?

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Slowdown again...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 09:39:15 AM »
I've noticed this too, it's not as bad for me as it has been in the past, but every now and then I have to refresh the page to get it to load because it seems to "forget" to load the first time.  The rest of the time it says it is done loading the page and it will actually start loading again within a minute or two and open the page up.  The time seems to be based on how many posts have been made in a topic thread.  The boards don't seem to have that much of a problem opening, just when I want to get into a topic thread.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 07:48:43 PM »
Wow, strange.....a while ago I *did* notice a wee bit of slowdown, but right now it seems to be going at it's fastest in a while.  True, I did just get rid of windowblinds and I've noticed a VAST improvement in overall speed, (firefox now loads in a couple seconds as opposed to eight...) but it shouldn't effect PGC loading times that much, and even if it does, there's still absolutley no slowdown for me.....
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 12:01:12 AM »
It's over again. Maybe it'll come back in the evening.