Author Topic: For Australians: Gamecube Promotion DIY  (Read 2702 times)

Offline davidlow122

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
For Australians: Gamecube Promotion DIY
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:37:17 AM »
I'm sick of the poor performance of GC here, I'm contstantly explaining to people that xbox is actually behind Gamecube worldwide. It seems the Xbox has taken the N64's place as the 'Mulitplayer alternative' to the Sony console, and it seems Australia is the xbox's most successful reigon, at Nintendo's expense. Well I'm going to do do something about it, (and I already am):

-I'm openly promoting Gamecube to people I know, espescially non-gamers, since they could pick up their first system for 150 bucks with a game. I run a Sunday school class, and tell the kids how great GC is - kids are the future, if they get into Metroid, that's another Revolution sold, too.

-Call stores and ask about their Gamecube stock, even if you won't buy your games there. Speak to the Manager so you know they'll be in charge of stock. Make it known that some people care about the GC, who knows, maybe it will get it some shelf space. I have unlimited local calls on my phone, so I'm going to start pestering all department and games stores in Sydney!

-Get your friends with other consoles to consider a Gamecube as a second machine. Everyone loves a new system, even just the novelty is great. Lend them games so they can see how good GC is.

-The real problem is Just getting the machine in front of people. Most people think GC is less powerful then PS2. Show them it's actually better: Metroid prime, resident evil zero, F-zero GX. (these games show the GC is more powerful then the xbox in some ways IMO)

-Maybe buy another Gamecube and lend it to people with Metroid or Zelda od Mario or Resident Evil or Monkey Ball 2, depending on who they are.

-Give Gamecube's for presents to anyone you can. you can probably get one for $99 if you look hard. get a second hand game and a cheap memory card, and it's $130 to go! I'm giving my xbox owning Brother in law one.
uh oh! The truck have started to move!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:For Australians: Gamecube Promotion DIY
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 09:03:58 AM »
Wow, sounds like a good plan, for the most part.
As for me, I've done what I could.  I've shown the kids I know the greatness of the Gamecube, and most of them love it.  All of my friends and I play Gamecube regularly.  One of my friends owns one, but most don't own a system at all.  I got one friend to play Fire Emblem, though.  My Xbox friend, though not interested in another console, likes playing Gamecube.  One friend, owns a Playstation 2, wants to possibly borrow my cube sometime and play Wind Waker.
I've given the word of Nintendo to those I think deserve it.  That is all I can do.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: For Australians: Gamecube Promotion DIY
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 09:53:15 AM »
I discourage everyone I meet from buying a Gamecube. Am I going to go to hell?
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 01:45:33 PM »

Am I going to go to hell?

Damn skippy! And just so you know: there is special tenth ring of hell for your kind.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 03:44:34 PM »
Dont you have anything better to do?

The reason of GCNs failure is Nintys fault and noone else. Im sorry to say this ...Your probaly a nice person but dude ...get a life.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 05:31:55 PM »
Oh, I don't quite know what to make of this thread...
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 02:09:21 AM »
I talked some guy out of buying DRIV3R and then looked at the GameCube section yesterday. Does that count? Seriously though, I have tried talking some of my grr anti-Nintendo friends into getting a GC.

"Dude, it's like $99 at Domain, Dick Smith's got 50% off games. You LIKED Smash Bros. Melee alot when you came over"
"No way. Nintendo's kiddy garbage. I'm getting my Xbox modded tomorrow and I'll get Enter the Matrix burnt"
"Oh okay, KLAX WAVE"

"ELF NEEDS FOOD BADLY"

I don't care anymore. It's gotten to the point where games just aren't getting released here on GameCube.

"Oh hey, buy a GameCube, you can get Metal Gear Solid on it. Oh wait, not in Australia. Hmm, you could get PSOIII. Oh. No release for that either. How about Zelda Four Swords, you like Zelda right? Oh? It's not even on NAL's release list for this year. Stuff that then, get a SNES instead"

BLOL e-DRAMA SWIPE CARDS.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 02:41:15 AM »
We need somebody who speaks to the new generation, like Steve Foxx from DOUBLE THE FIST to come in and just show Australia how weak the other consoles are and that Gamecube rules.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 02:51:07 AM »
Nah, we need REGGIE. I'm still all for a Reggie + Tim Furgeson combo, Ninty.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 02:50:49 PM »
this seems a little pointless

Reminds me of the Tediz theroy on Conkers bad fur day lol

anyway there will be a big rise in Gamecube sales this month, not from little plans like this but from....
Pokemon colosseum ads all over Chartoon network every ad break!
thu they must of forgot about cheez tv? hello Nintendo? not everyone has pay tv

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 03:11:49 PM »

I'm contstantly explaining to people that xbox is actually behind Gamecube worldwide.

Heh, not for much longer, Xbox might even already be second. And it's bad to try and convince someone to buy a console by giving them sales numbers. If they're not interested in the console, it's almost impossible to convince them otherwise, I played Resident Evil in front of someone and he just says it looks like the PSX version, when it clearly doesn't, he then proceeded to call F-Zero "ghey" based on just it's name.

Nintendo failed at Australia. It's useless, stop caring, I have. People don't want to play GameCube when the ads and media are telling them to play Xbox.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 03:15:46 PM »
Yeah one idiot told mejust 2 minutes ago that he thought Xbox was FULL FIST! If it's infiltrated even the fistworthy what chance do weak people have of choosing Gamecube?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.