Author Topic: 100% Official Star Fox Armada thread  (Read 8099 times)

Offline FOX McLOUD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
100% Official Star Fox Armada thread
« on: April 23, 2004, 06:45:16 AM »
Ok, for once an article that I post can't possibly get banned. I hope.

Anyway, Star Fox 2, or Armada, which ever it is called, is comming out. And I thought that I should inform people of the facts, of my most beloved game franchise.

It is comming to Japan in the Summer, America in September. - we hope

It is being developed by Namco, published by Nintendo.

It will have a massive multiplayer game segement, as well as a huge single game mode.

It will also probably end up in arcades on the trifrorce system.

Fox, Peppy, Slippy, Falco, Kat, Bill, and even the foxy blue fox Crystal will be playable in the game.

More info at E3.

Untill then happy posting.  

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: 100% Official Star Fox Armada thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 06:52:55 AM »
i'm going to play starfox, whilst eating a sandwich.

should probably have waited till more information has been released, cause well most of this is common knowledge, Namco was announced as the developer before last years E3, so yeah... not really alot to discuss you see..
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 06:54:23 AM »
Um, yeah...While I'm anticipating the game the most here out of all the PGCers, there really is nothing new to discuss... :\
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 07:25:17 AM »
agreed.  not enough information yet to have anything worth discussing.  perhaps we should hold off until e3?

also, why do you name all of your threads "100% official ..."?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline joedaddy

• is failing uni
    • View Profile
RE:100% Official Star Fox Armada thread
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 07:59:55 AM »

Originally posted by: FOX McLOUD
Ok, for once an article that I post can't possibly get banned. I hope.

BAN HIM! BAN HIM NOW!!!!

haha! 100% official. gold.

how dare you finish off with, "happy posting" !!???  what could we possibly post after you single handedly delivered all the "facts" ???  

this thread has failed to quench my thirst for all things "100%" and "official"... *lets out tremendous sigh*

well, im off to start an ORIGINAL thread of my own... "500% official super truthful fact filled ACTION thread for mario 128"

I MEAN, IS IT 128 MARIOS???? OR IS IT LIKE, MARIO AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 128???? OR MAYBE ITS A GAME WITH 128 LEVELS BASED ON BLA BLA bla bla.....

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 09:05:38 AM »

It will have a massive multiplayer game segement, as well as a huge single game mode.
It will also probably end up in arcades on the trifrorce system.
Fox, Peppy, Slippy, Falco, Kat, Bill, and even the foxy blue fox Crystal will be playable in the game.
i'm sorry, but has any of that been confirmed or is it just a mixture of pure speculation with a dash of hope thrown in for good measure?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 09:53:21 AM »
"It will also probably end up in arcades on the trifrorce system."

...where it will see a very limited production run and no one will be able play it.  In theory I thought the triforce arcade idea was really cool but it just isn't practical since arcades are so obscure these days.  The arcade/console release for F-Zero GX in the end was just a big rip-off since most of us were derived of tracks and characters that should have been in the game but weren't because they put them in the arcade version instead.  If Nintendo puts Star Fox in the arcade hopefully they won't include any exclusive content for 99% of us to miss out on.

"Fox, Peppy, Slippy, Falco, Kat, Bill, and even the foxy blue fox Crystal will be playable in the game."

Is anyone besides me irritated that Crystal is in the game?  She's not a "real" Star Fox character.  She's a Dinosaur Planet character shoehorned into the Star Fox universe.  I would prefer it if Nintendo did not acknowledge anything introduced in Star Fox Adventures in any future Star Fox games.  In fact I would be happy if Nintendo simply ignored that game for all eternity.  To me including any references to SFA in "official" Star Fox games is like acknowledging the CD-i Zelda games in future Zelda releases.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 10:01:50 AM »
Hardly...SFA was a decent game that shouldn't have had Star Fox in it...The CD-i Zelda games were hell on Earth... :\

So yeah, I don't mind having Krystal in the game, considering Fox needed a new partner anyway...(Looks like Slippy's back in the saddle, but Peppy's still aging ^_^)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 02:38:52 PM »
Krystal has nice....

Fur.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 04:59:01 PM »
Ian, you do know that all the tracks and drivers in F-zero AX are uptainable in GX without the need to connect to to the arcade right? They are just very hard to get. The only thing I can think of that was AX exclusive were some car parts, not that they are even in any other version of AX besides the JPN one, at least to my knowledge.

If Starfox 2 has an arcade version it will be kind of cool, but like Ian said, it would have a very limited release and most that cared about it could play it, but if they do make an arcade version, let them make everything possible to get without going to the arcad.

Then again, if they do have content that you need acces to an arcade version to get, like those exclusive parts in F-zero, there is this thing called an AR that I heard can get you things that can't normally be gotten...
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 06:57:59 PM »
Yeah, man.  Getting that crap was hard.  I got the initiative to do it by promising to buy Zero Mission after I got all the stuff on F-Zero.  All the tracks, anyway.  I doubt I'll try for AX racers, that's too much.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 07:08:57 PM »
What did it entail?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline anubis6789

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 09:37:51 PM »
PaleZer0, if you mean how to get the AX stuff in GX, then you get an AX pilot for each story mode chapter beat on very hard, and the AX levels are gotten by beating all other cups on master.

Back onto Starfox 2, does anyone else think that is supposed to be kind of like the NGC version of Battle Feild 1942/Veitnam. I say that because of the fact that jumping into veihicles is a major part of the game, and in one video Fox is seen standing atop an Arwing that seems to be piloted by some one else.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 09:56:59 PM »
"Back onto Starfox 2, does anyone else think that is supposed to be kind of like the NGC version of Battle Feild 1942/Veitnam."

I certainly hope not.  This is Star Fox, not generic flight related game with Star Fox license to boost sales.  Or at least it BETTER not be like that.  Star Fox is an on-rails shooter and if the final product is anything but I'm going to be annoyed.

Offline anubis6789

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 10:04:24 PM »
Well I hate to anger you Ian but from the footage I have seen, it looks as though Starfox 2 will lean towards the all-range mode style of gameplay, but then again all the footage we have seen is probably from multi-player were rails shooting wouldn't make much sense.

I don't care if it doesn't have rails shooting in it, or if they make it more flight simy, as long as it is kept with an arcade style of play. I can see were you are coming from though.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 11:19:41 PM »
All arrows point to "Star Fox: Rogue Squadron IV," now with even more laughable outta-place on-foot madness!  And no more on-rails shooting!

May the FUR be with you!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 01:04:30 AM »
The FUR is strong in this one!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 01:48:20 PM »
If this fails, Nintendo may have to take Star Fox under their wing again.

Because Star Fox 64 is one of the best games I have ever played, especially in replay value.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Henrietta

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 01:55:42 PM »
Star Fox is the only game that doesn't let you save that I have finished, and finished countless times because of reply value.  I haven't even beaten every stage yet.  I don't play to advance in the game anymore, Star Fox 64 is just pure fun.

I don't know much about star fox armada (which has the same initials as star fox adventures, which could get confusing [SFA]), but I don't exactly like where it's headed.  I supposed on foot battling and third person shooting won't be entirely bad, but I DON'T want to see any of that in the single player mode.  
Before we let euphoria convince we are free, remind us how we used to feel before when life was real........

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 03:02:15 PM »
Every casual gamer I talk to have no idea who Star Fox is except that guy from Star Fox Adventures. They all seem to think that ALL of Foxes games are Action/Adventures like Dinasour Planet.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 03:13:09 PM »
All I know is that if Star Wolf dog fights are included, I will be very, very, VERY happy... ^_^

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 03:37:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
All I know is that if Star Wolf dog fights are included, I will be very, very, VERY happy... ^_^

That would be cool. Personally I am hoping for less all range mode and more on rails action. The levels in Star Fox 64 were really good and I hope they continue the diversity in the craft(Aquas and the train level (cant remember name of level))

If they do make it like Battlefield then it could be really cool, but only if it is online. It would be much too chaotic for a split screen experience. Even LAN would be ok, but what worries me is that Nintendo keeps making all these games that seem to require a full screen(metroid, etc.) and it seems that split screen has reached its full potential and its time to move on.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 06:14:34 PM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1
Every casual gamer I talk to have no idea who Star Fox is except that guy from Star Fox Adventures. They all seem to think that ALL of Foxes games are Action/Adventures like Dinasour Planet.

And your point is?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004, 06:20:06 PM »
Well I think we all agree that casual gamers suck...

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 07:05:43 PM »
Um, is one considered "casual" if they've never played a Star Fox game in their lives? ^_^ I really want the game though. I want a bonus disk with the others too.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.