Author Topic: Capcom should give us RE2 or 3 or CVX as a bonus  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Jessmo26

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Capcom should give us RE2 or 3 or CVX as a bonus
« on: April 26, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »
They really messed Up with RE2,3 and CV they should give us atleast one or 2 of these games as a bonus disk for preordering RE4. I predict RE4 will sell good any way. but this way capcom will recoup there losses from porting these games. because I can gaurantee they will get over 300,000 preorders alone from this, More than the 15,000 copies of the games sold
John 3:16

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Capcom should give us RE2 or 3 or CVX as a bonus
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 10:29:31 PM »
How did they mess up RE2, 3 and CV? Those were never meant to be fancy remakes, just ports of the Dreamcast versions.  

Offline Jessmo26

• View Profile
RE:Capcom should give us RE2 or 3 or CVX as a bonus
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:48:18 PM »
Im just saying alot of people want them but are not willing to pay $40 american dollars for them. they could have made alot more Money by making RE2 a RE:make bonus disk and RE3 a RE0 bonus preorders would have gone through the roof. then they could save REcv and release it as a RE4 bonus. this would be good marketing
John 3:16

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 11:53:34 PM »
I'll give you a reason Infernal Monkey, they didn't even update the graphics, and since I already have it for N64 and it was my favorite one of the series it would be silly to buy the same game again. I really really wanted them to remake it at least graphically. Since they didn't I have no reason and no desire to buy it. And I have no reason to buy the others too. If they had just spent a year or so on each port w/ updated graphics and a few bonuses, I would have gotten each of them @ release time and I think others would have too. They messed up on that decision, and they suffered for that bad decision in sales. IGN had a chart that showed sales of ALL resident evil games up to zero and my theory from that data was that polished up versions of 2,3 and CV would have sold at least 2.5-3 times more than what they did sell. They can still change it in my mind, recall the old pathetic ports and build new ones, but I know they won't do it...sad. And I had wanted to get freaked out again just like my first time with the game when I was in the police interrogation room and knew the other side was empty cause I was just there and then the licker came through the glass and scared me so bad that I jumped up and fell around behind the couch I was sitting on...It was great, even though I died and had to do it again. I wanted to see that in GC quality graphics.
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 02:31:07 AM »

I'll give you a reason Infernal Monkey, they didn't even update the graphics, and since I already have it for N64 and it was my favorite one of the series it would be silly to buy the same game again.

It might be silly for you to buy it again, but it certainly isn't silly for others to buy it who may of missed out on the Nintendo 64 or Playstation copies of Resident Evil 2.  In my case for instance, I was greatful that they ported over the games so that I could own them due to me not having a playstation.

I really really wanted them to remake it at least graphically. Since they didn't I have no reason and no desire to buy it. And I have no reason to buy the others too.

I don't really see the need for remaking Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 3, as they are already pure classics on their own.  Graphical update and remaking three games will greatly push back the release dates for future Resident Evil games, which I and so many other people don't want at all.

If they had just spent a year or so on each port w/ updated graphics and a few bonuses, I would have gotten each of them @ release time and I think others would have too. They messed up on that decision, and they suffered for that bad decision in sales.

Like I had previously stated, graphically remaking the games would halt future Resident Evil games.  You're right on them suffering in sales, but then again... their problem, not ours.  Nobody was/is forced to buy the ports.

IGN had a chart that showed sales of ALL resident evil games up to zero and my theory from that data was that polished up versions of 2,3 and CV would have sold at least 2.5-3 times more than what they did sell.

You are once again right about them selling more if they were remade... but then again, I'd rather see Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5 and other RE games on the shelf rather then to see remakes of games we had previously already played.

And I had wanted to get freaked out again just like my first time with the game when I was in the police interrogation room and knew the other side was empty cause I was just there and then the licker came through the glass and scared me so bad that I jumped up and fell around behind the couch I was sitting on...It was great, even though I died and had to do it again. I wanted to see that in GC quality graphics.

These are all the classical moments we can remember, and by remaking the games... it would basically remove the glory from the originals.

Overall, I'm not saying that Capcom done the correct choice by selling the ports as individuals all for high prices, but I am saying that I'm one hundred percent against remaking further Resident Evil games.  Don't get me wrong, the Resident Evil Remake was an outstanding game in the saga, but it was mainly created so that it would push off the beginning of the saga for Nintendo.
Although, I would of much rathered for Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 to be sold together as if it were one game rather to be sold as two seperate games.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 02:47:25 AM »

They messed up on that decision, and they suffered for that bad decision in sales.

Oh really? How much money do you think they spent developing those straight ports? I'm guessing very little. If they totally remade the games with updated graphics etc. they might have sold more copies, but the games would have cost Capcom a lot more money to develop. I believe Capcom made the right decision financially, but i do admit i would have really liked to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 remade just like Resident Evil was, but oh well.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 05:00:31 AM »
You think you're complaining? You should click and see what real bitching is like!!!

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
Like I had previously stated, graphically remaking the games would halt future Resident Evil games.

Sorry to flog a dead horse, but I have a point I need to prove here. MGS:TTS was released as an enchanced port. Did that affect MGS3's development? Not likely. Why are Konami the only company with some hindsight in regards to ports?

Outsourcing the job to another developer is more efficient than doing it internally, and the end result is a game which is a more attractive purchase when compared to the same port on another system. There would be a whole generation of kids who haven't heard of Resident Evil, who are passing over these ports in favour of games like GTA3 and VC because of the visuals and marketing that sets them above everything else. Capcom and other companies would kill to have the word-of-mouth reputation that Rockstar earned from those games, even an enhanced port with a Nintendo-backed ad campaign would create a lot of interest in the legendary horror series again. Hell, any form of effort would benefit sales of those games. But in the end, they decided to cop out and put out expensive ports produced with minimal effort and expense - not good enough from a company claiming to throw their support behind the GC.

Sure, you might be happy with seeing developers shafting the GC, but I have absolutely no motivation to get 2, 3 and CV for GC for the same reason you find it acceptable to release such products. There will be a big gap between 1 and 4 in my collection because of this, and I know I'm not the only one. GREAT THINKING CAPCOM, YOU GET THE GUUURN OF THE YEAR AWARD! HERE'S A PIZZA BOX!

EDIT: I remembered something from that old discussion, Zero.

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
I'll prove it to you.
I will make a poll on ever RE site I can find, and I will show you that fans want future games instead of REmakes.
It may take me a week doing all the polls and votes, so until then, you better do some serious praying.

And I'm still waiting!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 06:41:33 AM »
I don't think Rockstar sells games by word of mouth as much as people think.  I think the sales are largely because they advertise everywhere with posters, billboards, commercials, magazine ads, and they just don't stop advertising.  I'm sure that if you pick up a copy of Rolling Stone today, you'll likely still find GTA ads.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 07:29:42 AM »
The problem with RE2, 3 and CVX on the Cube was that they simply cost too much.  In nearly every store in my area that sells videogames I can buy RE0 for less money than RE2 which is ridiculous.  If license fees were what kept the price up then Nintendo should have given Capcom a break because of the exclusive RE support.  But even then Capcom could have released the three games (or at least RE2 & 3) as a compilation.  In that situation they could have then charged full price for the three games together and it probably would have sold on par with the other Cube RE games.

Greed kept those games from selling.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 09:13:04 AM »
They should be 19.99 immediately.  Its a big joke that these games were released for 40$.  The price is the only problem I have with the games, Capcom, and Nintendo.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 10:00:10 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
The price is the only problem I have with the games, Capcom, and Nintendo.
aw ... com'on omen ... we all know you have many more problems with nintendo than just the price of the resident evil games.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 10:08:30 AM »

Originally posted by: Shifty There would be a whole generation of kids who haven't heard of Resident Evil, who are passing over these ports in favour of games like GTA3 and VC because of the visuals and marketing that sets them above everything else.

Sorry, but that statement just makes me want to laugh.  GTA3 and VC have got to be two of the most visually unimpressive games I have ever seen this gen.

500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 10:50:05 AM »
I'll laugh for you.

WUhahahahaAHAHAHAHA
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 12:31:11 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
I don't think Rockstar sells games by word of mouth as much as people think.  I think the sales are largely because they advertise everywhere with posters, billboards, commercials, magazine ads, and they just don't stop advertising.  I'm sure that if you pick up a copy of Rolling Stone today, you'll likely still find GTA ads.

Agreed. Even after VC came out I still saw spots for GTAIII

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 06:47:39 PM »
I lucked out with RE 2 and RE 3 by getting them for Dreamcast for dirt cheap; but man that RE 3 was not easy on the eyes....

I'm going through CVX (got for 30 or so used)and I'm glad I got it. I figured I could wait until the prices went down, but by that time, RE 4 will be out. Its a chance to own the entire RE series on one system; one could look at 2, 3, and CVX as an evoulution of the series, where it went, and when you look at RE 1 and 0, the end result ( Though RE 4 will be the true end result.).

Though it piques my interest what Capcom will give as a pre-order bonus (If anything at all...)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 06:52:58 PM »
If history serves me well, Capcom's pre-order bonus will be another amazing, absolutely fabulous............!

........free t-shirt.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 09:43:25 PM »
I know those visuals aren't impressive compared to other games of this generation, but when compared  to DC ports, which are enhanced PS ports in themselves, they look much more attractive.

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

Well I must have been living under a rock for the last two years, because I have seen only the occasional ad for those games. Word of mouth and reviews got to me first. But I never got hooked on it (played it for an hour or so at a friends place, left it at that), so sue me if I haven't been up with what's hip and kool! Bleh.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 12:24:32 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: The Omen
The price is the only problem I have with the games, Capcom, and Nintendo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aw ... com'on omen ... we all know you have many more problems with nintendo than just the price of the resident evil games.

Surely you're kidding as I am most likely the senior member of the Pro-Nintendo glitteratti  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 01:19:58 AM »

Well I must have been living under a rock for the last two years

I'm guessing this is pretty much australia in a nutshell.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 01:45:24 AM »
I got CV for the DC dirt cheap.  Oh ya, the casing was broken, but I didn't care.  ^_^

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 01:58:56 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing

Well I must have been living under a rock for the last two years

I'm guessing this is pretty much australia in a nutshell.

*feels the burrrrn suckaaaaa*

well done KnowsNothing
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 02:25:48 AM »

Sorry to flog a dead horse, but I have a point I need to prove here. MGS:TTS was released as an enchanced port. Did that affect MGS3's development? Not likely. Why are Konami the only company with some hindsight in regards to ports?

Yes, it was released as an enhanced port as well as not entirely affecting the development of Metal Gear Solid 3, HOWEVER, Twin Snakes held great similarities to that of the Playstation version and its graphic capability looked almost identical to the original... wheras the remake of Resident Evil was basically built from scrath as a whole new game, and by doing so, it DID slow down the production of future Resident Evil games as would remakes of Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica.

Outsourcing the job to another developer is more efficient than doing it internally, and the end result is a game which is a more attractive purchase when compared to the same port on another system. There would be a whole generation of kids who haven't heard of Resident Evil, who are passing over these ports in favour of games like GTA3 and VC because of the visuals and marketing that sets them above everything else.

Depending on what kind of kids we are talking about, then yes, they may pass over Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 due to the lack of graphics, but that doesn't stop them from passing over the REmake or Resident Evil Zero.

Capcom and other companies would kill to have the word-of-mouth reputation that Rockstar earned from those games.

Guess what?  Capcom is in production of Resident Evil 4.  I tend to think that RE4 would spread more exictement throughout the world of gaming rather then a remake of a game that we have already played.

But in the end, they decided to cop out and put out expensive ports produced with minimal effort and expense - not good enough from a company claiming to throw their support behind the GC.

Expensive ports?  Possibly... that is of course if purchasing mini discs could send a whole company into bankrupcy.

Sure, you might be happy with seeing developers shafting the GC.

If that's your absurd way of looking at the situation, then yes, I must be happy seeing developers shaft gamecube.  

I have absolutely no motivation to get 2, 3 and CV for GC for the same reason you find it acceptable to release such products.

You plan your statements as if you want to get the impression out to people that I found it perfectly "fine" with the release of the ports.  As I have already stated in my previous post, I was unhappy with the prices for the ports.  That was my only "problem" against buying them.  But then again, nobody is forcing you to buy the games.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2004, 03:19:47 AM »

Expensive ports? Possibly... that is of course if purchasing mini discs could send a whole company into bankrupcy.

Expensive for us, is what he meant. The games are full priced. I could buy a PSX and RE2 for cheaper than just RE2 on GameCube alone.

To be honest i'm glad we got RE2, RE3, and RE:CV on GameCube at all. I'm happy.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2004, 04:07:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plaque
Resident Evil was basically built from scrath
No, they are actually quite similar. Apart from some new content, updated character models and backgrounds, and a different graphics engine (which they also did for TTS), it really is the same game underneath. Sure, the visuals are a huge leap from the PS days, but that's because all of the processing went towards the models (OMG STATIC BACKGROUNDS ZZZZZAP ZZZZAP). So what makes it so different? It slowed down development of future games because CAPCOM CONCENTRATED ON IT! They didn't decide to contract it out to another team (for whatever reason) and decided to do it themselves. But why didn't they do that?

Anyway, I've been a fan long enough to basically think like Capcom with their thoughts on Resident Evil.

read above quote;
while (true)
{
laugh
}

they may pass over Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 due to the lack of graphics, but that doesn't stop them from passing over the REmake or Resident Evil Zero.
Well duh. No wonder those games sold better - Capcom put in the time and effort to improve the game. You reap what you sow (with a little luck of course ).

As I have already stated in my previous post, I was unhappy with the prices for the ports. That was my only "problem" against buying them.
I'm aware of that, and that's not the problem. My problem is that Capcom doesn't put in the effort to justify them saying "We are making the series exclusive to Gamecube." The high price is just the shafting.
IGN reported back in September 2001: "Capcom announced that remakes of Biohazard, Biohazard 2, Biohazard 3: Nemesis and Biohazard: Code Veronica would be released for GameCube exclusively."

Now you tell me why I shouldn't feel royally p*ssed? Or are you behind this vendetta against all logic and justice in the world? You must be!!
Don't worry, your rule as Supreme Overlord of Incompetence will be brief as I will rise to the position of Sargent of Slaughter and avenge the loss of my father to the horrible monster that is incompetence, all during the next ad break!

EDIT: I BROKE THE BEER EMOTICON, DON'T WORRY COS I BROUGHT MY OWN!  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2004, 07:11:56 AM »
"Twin Snakes held great similarities to that of the Playstation version and its graphic capability looked almost identical to the original"

Wha?  Are you saying that Twin Snakes looks like the original PSX game?  Play the original again.  It looks like crap compared to the Twin Snakes.  Hell every Playstation game looks like crap compared to the Twin Snakes.