Author Topic: 1080 Avalanche --- Talk about it here ! ! !  (Read 11573 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:1080 Avalanche
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2003, 11:07:42 AM »
Yea, the leveling the board thing is still there, you just dont biff quite as easily as you did in 1080 for the N64.  Now, unless your totally off, get dizzy, and have to swirl the control stick to get yourself straightened out.  I agree that 1080 is worth the purchase from anyone who like the original.  Dont forget that this game supports LAN/(online with warppipe).  This game is fast and furious, not to mention gorgeous.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2004, 04:31:49 PM »
Dammit, NST gave the JPN version slightly better-looking hidden characters.  They got rid of the moose and replaced it with a fahking PANDA!

And I'm missing out on the well-endowed Crystal Hayami.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

artwork here
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: 1080 Avalanche
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2004, 04:50:08 PM »
Hahaha!  I think they over-exaggerated a tad there...

Too bad we didn't get the panda though...<3 pandas...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2004, 03:01:39 AM »
Good glavin!

Sigh... I haven't even unlocked the final courses yet... yes, I suck that badly.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2004, 08:38:44 AM »
Well here's a tip, provided you got the basics skills down.  Do enough tricks early on to get your character in "super shiney mode," which boosts your speed and adds protection from falls.  A few 360's should be sufficient.  When you're shiney, run into your opponent to knock his/her ass out, giving you a considerable lead.  The rest of the way, just maintain your lead and do a trick every now and then to maintain your speedy shiney mode.

This works really, really well with Akari and Ricky since they've got great handling, and it's practically the only reliable way I've found to win on the harder circuits.

And I'm announcing my engagement to Akari Hayami.  Wish me luck.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2004, 08:49:09 AM »
Woah, you are so late...I've been married to her since the original...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Actraiser

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2004, 05:07:37 PM »
i loved the half pipe mode in the original, though I laugh at people who refer to SSX as Tony Hawk on snow.  The trick system in the original 1080 is VERY similar to what was used in all the THPS games.  Just had to point that out to those that seemed to have overlooked that.  As for this new one, can you land jumps in the downhill??  That was the only thing that kept me from buying the original.  as hard as I tried, I could NEVER land a jump in the downhill.  I also agree that comparing SSX and 1080, from what yall have said, is very unfair.  Tricky (I havent played SSX3) is a racer, not a sim.  The only reason you do tricks is to build up boost in SSX.  big combos and realism were never the main attraction.