Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe is awsome  (Read 6266 times)

Offline jnak00

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Viewtiful Joe is awsome
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2003, 02:31:02 PM »
This game is $50 in Canada, where most new releases are $65-$70.  Is it $50 in the US as well (I would expect it to be around $35-40 US if it's $50 in Canada)?  At $50 Canadian, you can't go wrong with this game.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
it's actually $40 here in teh US.  But I didn't know that when I bought Fzero, so now no VJ till christmas!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2003, 07:30:24 PM »
Berny - a game has to REALLY impress me in order for me to get it brand new.  So far, I've only got Metroid Prime and Mario Sunshine new, and I'm happy with both (I have nine or so GCN games).  I'll just wait until I see it for a good price used or it's a player's choice title.  

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2003, 09:51:17 PM »
so is it really THAT great
momentarily im in a choice dilemma between the following games
SOul Calibur 2, F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart, Prince of Persia and True Crime

of these games I can only get three until the end of year
LZ 2005

Offline Mr Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2003, 12:00:40 AM »
i am very very stuck on the question  of should I bother wasting my last £40 on vewtiful joe can anyone help me out (cool videos or pictures BUT NOT CLIPS OF THE STARTING BECAUSE THAT WOULD RECK THE SURPRISE)

Offline babble

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2003, 01:18:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Hemmorrhoid
so is it really THAT great
momentarily im in a choice dilemma between the following games
SOul Calibur 2, F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart, Prince of Persia and True Crime

of these games I can only get three until the end of year

Yes, Viewtiful Joe is really that great.

Hum, hard decision... Do you often play multiplayers? If you don't, you could wait before purchasing Soul Calibur 2, Mario Kart, and go for the bigger single player games.

But, if you plan on playing multiplayer and single player. Hum, having played only the first 3 game in your list I can't really comment the last 3 ones. But, we know Mario Kart is a must have. Prince of Persia is getting good reviews and we don't know much about the final version of True Crime. I didn't like F-Zero (multiplayer ain't that mutch fun and single player's way to stupidly hard. No fun. Don't get me wrong I love hard games. Think Viewtiful!).

So I would choose the following 3 games(man, this is hard!):
1) Mario Kart.
Don't even hesitate. This is the must have title of the year.

2) Soul Calibur 2
So mutch dept. So many things to unlock. Multiplayer mayhem and a good single player story mode.

3) Viewtiful Joe
If you like to play the same game over and over, just to get better. And If you're more the adventure type, go with Prince of Persia (I myself would choose Beyond Good and Evil over PoP).

Good Luck!!!
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2003, 01:41:15 AM »
I still havent played viewtiful joe, BAH IM DYING TO PLAY IT! But where i live the mall is like 20 min away and i can't drive so i havent played the demo, dag im dying to play it.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2003, 04:21:57 AM »
thanks babble, yeah I definetely need a multiplayer game
and nothing can stop me from buying Mario KArt
im just not sure about Soul Calibur 2
and im really intrigued by Prince of Persia and Viewtiful Joe

OHH I HATE SUCH CHOICES
LZ 2005

Offline babble

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2003, 04:54:21 AM »
Well then Hemoroïde, you've just made your final 3 pick!

On another note. I just finished Viewtiful Joe on Kids mode and I get to restart will all my powers from the start. Do we restart in the next difficulty mode? When I save this game the level number is now in pink. But it still says Kids mode beside it?

Anyhow I started an adult game from scratch and man, is there a difference in the way you VFX bar drops quickly!
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 08:46:03 AM »
Yeah, it's a LOT harder on Adults mode. Which is saying a lot 'cause there were points where I was REALLY struggling to beat Kids.

I just thought you might like to know, PGC forum readers, that TWO (2) kids came to school on Halloween dressed as Viewtiful Joe. Well, one was Viewtiful, the other was HMD'd. Whatever THAT means. Viewtiful Joe rocks.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2003, 05:08:56 PM »
I just realized this but Viewtiful Joe is almost TOO perfect for a SSB sequel.

Oh, yeah and Alastor's swords are so totally Master Swords. DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!!!
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.