Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe is awsome  (Read 6267 times)

Offline LinkMaster3000

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Viewtiful Joe is awsome
« on: October 24, 2003, 09:51:42 AM »
This game is the best game ever  It has surpassed both Zelda and Soul Caliber 2 has my all time favorite gamecube game.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
RE: Viewtiful Joe is awsome
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 09:56:03 AM »
While it is a great game, I wouldn't say it surpases Zelda.  Very fun, though.

Offline morphe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 10:00:55 AM »
It looks crap IMO, haven't played it though, just 1st impression on seeing the advert.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 10:04:22 AM »
Well....screw the whole "it's my opinion" thing.  You're just flat out wrong.  I don't own the game, but people had to actually pull me away from the demo.

soooo.....much.....fun..........  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline morphe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 10:16:20 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
Well....screw the whole "it's my opinion" thing.  You're just flat out wrong.  I don't own the game, but people had to actually pull me away from the demo.

soooo.....much.....fun..........

Everyone thinks it's great, and most probably it is, perhaps I will have to see it in action for myself, the advert of it looks crap, thats all I m saying.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 10:20:51 AM »
I understand.....adverts turn me down from some games, but they turn out to be awesome *thinks SMS*

anyway, when I first played it I didn't see what the fuss was about, but once I got the hang of using VHX (or whatever) moves and got to that first boss I was hooked.  I'd die purposely just to play him again.

just, the way joe runs and jumps is annoying, and the combat controls take some getting used to (doesn't take too long, though).  don't let it get to you.  the game is great.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 10:28:25 AM »
i know what you mean about the commercial for the game. had i not known anything about it, i wouldnt have bought it based off that ad.  

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 10:42:03 AM »
The graphics aren't great but I think it's a great game once you get into it. I didn't like it at first until I switched the control config. to type B cause using the y button to jump was really awkward imo. If you are a fan of old generation games like me then you will love this game but you should give it a chance even if you aren't cause it's really good.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 01:29:30 PM »
Watch this add instead:
click
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 10:51:48 AM »
Where is everyone seeing these VJ ads? I don't watch TV much, so I haven't seen 'em.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Shin Gallon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 01:18:59 PM »
I love the game, personally. It's amazingly fun and addictive...in fact, I'm gonna go play it more now.
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 09:00:57 PM »
Hard to pass judgement on a game without playing it, morphe... especially a negative judgement when it's recieved such great reviews.  Apparently, there was something special for them to give it a nice score.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 07:46:07 PM »
I just finished the game on "Kid" difficulty and I only have one thing to say... it's freakin' awesome!!  It took me 9+ hours to finish and it was very satisfying.  I like the plot twist near the end and the cliff-hanger they left us with.  I can't wait for the sequel.

Anyone else finished it yet? I want to know what the hell Joe and the gang are saying in that music video.  Sounds like a bunch of jibberish with some English thrown in.... :-\
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 09:11:33 PM »
The music video's in Japanese.  I'll capture it one of these days.

It's awesome you finished Kid mode, but *seriously*, finish the game in Adult mode. Provided you didn't read any codes or faqs, you DO NOT realize the extent of the playable options until you've completed Adult.  I'm sure you can't wait for the sequel, but the next unlockables may prove to be a great diversion till then.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 09:35:01 PM »
Nope, no codes or faqs or anything. Just old school trial and error.  Those were the days...**starts remembering the days**  I plan on starting the Adult mode tomorrow.

I have a question now.  In some levels, there are some VFX things that are just to high to jump up and get.  How is it done?  
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 10:10:09 PM »
************ POSSIBLE SPOILER, But answer to the last question....

You have to uppercut something into them... then they'll fall. If you want me to be any more specific.. what else in the game helped you to get more power for certain things (stronger hits, etc)?

I'm on episode 6 on hard still... it's tough.  I never played through the kids mode.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 10:36:33 PM »
Hehe. You guys are pussies. I went straight for Adult level and getting the happy snot beaten out of me on episode 6. I have gotten about 20 hours out of it so far.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2003, 11:09:17 PM »
Well erm.. I went straight for Kids mode and I'm getting the snot beaten out of me on episode 6, and F-Zero is eating up my game time now.

*VJ has a cry in the corner*

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 07:19:59 AM »
Hehe... Well, if the game allows the user to select the difficulty, I almost always go for the Easiest mode first.  Why?  Replay value.  By doing it this way, I won't know what to expect from the more difficulty levels.  For example, I didn't realize that Joe starts out with fewer life than in Kids mode, and that the VFX drains a lot faster.

Another example would be like playing Resident Evil or Silent Hill.  In REMake, there are more zombies, and dead, unburned zombies turn into Crimson Heads faster.  In Silent Hill, the puzzles are less challenging on the easier level.  

Does what I said make any sense?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 09:46:14 AM »
Perfectly, unless I'm stupid.

Offline babble

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 10:34:45 AM »
I just restsarted playing today. Man, this game is awesome. I got bored/stuck at level 4, but now i'm in level 5 and I'm loving every minute of it. I can't wait to restart from scratch and be more Viewtiful!

Just a small question. In your saved games, does the number under the skull icon on the right represent the # of times you died?
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 01:30:03 PM »
The skull number is the number of times you continue or save after all your LIV's are gone. They do the same thing in Zelda except that's when you die, because there are no "lives".

EDIT: I forgot how to use English grammar.

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 01:39:56 PM »
"Let's get it on!"

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 01:44:01 PM »
Yup, this game seems very fun from the demo.  I don't think I'd shell out $50 for it, though.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2003, 02:08:54 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldShadow1
Yup, this game seems very fun from the demo.  I don't think I'd shell out $50 for it, though.

You are missin' out. That's all I'm gonna say.